Shopify Chat

Shopify Chat

by Shopify

Use the power of live chat to grow your business

MAMAVIPSHOP

Terrible application...It's was not possible to uninstall it at all ... I never seen so terrible application....I should connect with shopify support....

August 22, 2019

Hello MAMAVIPSHOP,
Sorry to hear that you are frustrated with Shopify Chat.

Shopify Chat is a sales channel. To remove a sales channel in your Admin go to Settings > Sales Channels, and click the trash can beside the sales channel that you want to remove.

Hang and Display

Can't figure out how to use this on desktop, how to manage conversations and where to chat. It seems to be ios exclusive. If they fix it so we can manage on desktop with multiple staff accounts it would be good.

Hello Hang and Display -
In order to view and reply to messages, you will need to install Shopify Ping from the Apple App Store (currently iOS only). Visitors from any device can message you, but you need an iOS device to manage those messages.

You can have multiple staff members use Ping to reply to messages, and tapping on a message in the conversation will reveal which staff member sent the message and when.

Thanks for letting us know that you'd like to be able to manage messages on desktop, I will take that feedback back to the team.

All the best,

Silken Twine

I'm disappointed that I can't change the initial message, I run my shop on my own and my customers know this so using the word "we" sounds dodgey.
It's a bit slow as well and and offline message option would be good. Sorry but can't use it the way it is, will do more damage than good. Hopefully Shopify takes on board everyones comments here and makes some changes.

Hi Silken Twine,
Thanks so much for your feedback, and rest assured that the team is paying close attention to these feature requests and frustrations about the current limitations. We will be working on allowing customization of the greeting message and on providing an offline message option. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

S. Cohen | Est. 1923

iOS exclusivity in this day and age is not acceptable. This greatly reduces our options regarding who can use the service, and we will not use this app to fill our needs.

Hello S. Cohen,
Thank you for your feedback, and we understand your frustration that Shopify Chat requires Ping, which is only for iOS at the moment. We are thinking about the best way to deliver this feature to all merchants.

Editors Keys

At the moment this app is just not worth using.

1.) You cannot customise the chat bubble. (So you can say 'Need help - Click here' for example.)
2.) It seems to be very delayed. A customer asks a question, the ping app takes a few seconds, then when you reply it doesn't instantly go back to the customer.
3.) No Desktop support - Whilst you can use Ping App on iPhone it would be better for our staff if they can reply within a browser. It would be much faster as they are already working within a browser.
4.) No sound notifications
5.) No offline messages available, so expect annoyed customers around the world, when you wake up in the morning.

Hello Editors Keys,
This is all great feedback, and rest assured that the team is paying close attention to these feature requests and frustrations about the current limitations. Many of these features are already on our roadmap.

Thanks for your patience while we work to release the next version of Shopify Chat.

Ruthie's Rack

I tried to install this app and then discovered it was only for ios and required an Apple app even on my side. Really sad to not be able to use this Shopify product for my business. I was quite excited when I first saw it was available.

Hello Ruthie's Rack,
Thank you for your feedback, and we understand your frustration that Shopify Chat requires Ping, which is only for iOS at the moment. We are thinking about the best way to deliver this feature to all merchants!

UNIQ Uniformes

This chat ONLY work for apple users if you have costumers using android or windows then this app is not for you.

Hello UNIQ Uniformes,
Thank you for your feedback, and I'm sorry that you are frustrated about some limitations of Shopify Chat. To be clear - customers visiting your store on ANY browser or device will be able to see and use Shopify Chat.

If you have both Shopify Chat and Apple Business Chat turned on for your store, then visitors using Safari or an Apple device would see the Apple Business Chat option, and all other visitors would see Shopify Chat.

I will reach out to you directly to follow up.

All the Best,

Doc Hotties

Not having desktop or android accessibility really limits the usefulness of this app. Let us know when it's available to a wider audience.

Hello Doc Hotties,

Flawless Vape Distro SA

Needs PING app to work which is only available on Apple and not Android... ignoring a majority platform? BYE

Hi Flawless Vape Distro SA,