Shopify Chat

Shopify Chat

by Shopify

Use live chat to turn visitors into customers.

Keepsakes by Ashley

I'm not really sure why you're not listening to your customers, but this app is horrible. Have to install Ping, then KIT (which is awful, I don't need updates every day, all day), I don't always get notifications that a customer sent a message. When I do check the app and have a message, I have no idea who the customer is. Can't respond on desktop. Very annoyed. Will be looking elsewhere for something better.

Underworld Laboratory

How to get rid of that awful message Leave a number and we'll text you back as soon as we're available (an email address works too)." ahh

RealtorShop.ca

Very poorly designed app. Missing alot of key features!! would suggest looking into another messaging app

Necklesse

In general the app is not bad. Just the iPhone app to answer the support request forces you to install kit. If you don't want to use it you can not even skip it and it has loads of bugs so sometimes you're just not able to answer the chat messages because the iPhone app has problems (iPhone 11 Pro). I just deleted it.

Nice Things by Helena

This app really is badly made. Lots of 'American' phrases in the text that can't be edited (you should at least be able to edit the button text! but you can't). Very poor for a Shopify official app.

Download Business Course

THE ONLY REASON WHY I DON'T USE IT IS BECAUSE I CAN'T HEAR THE NOTIFICATION SOUND ON MY iPHONE - IT'S NOT LOUD ENOUGH!!!!!!! i

Michael Steddum

Don't install it. You can't get it off your website, even after deleting it. Plus it comes with the Kit app which is a pain in the butt to get rid of as well.

Hi Michael Steddum,
Thank you for your feedback.

Shopify Ping can be removed from your store by either disabling the chat button from the Sales Channel directly in your Shopify Admin (found on the left hand navigation menu under ‘Sales Channels’) or by removing the Sales Channel entirely from the Settings > Sales Channel section of the Shopify Admin.

If the button still appears on your store after trying either or both of those methods please contact our support team directly at ping@shopify.com and we can work with you to get that sorted out. 😀

French Nik Naks

HELP???
Id love to write a review, but I can't use it. Have a 11Pro Max, It won't let me log in at all. Have tried uninstalling the app, disconnecting in the store, re-installing etc, refreshing, standing on my head... you name it... Ive tried it. The shopify app & shopify POS work fine... no problems there at all. But Ping will not connect at all. Same logon details, same everything ????? Hope some one can help???

Hi French Nik Naks!
We're sorry to hear you were having issues logging into Shopify Ping. This was an issue we noticed after releasing version 2.5 of Ping, but our team has since released an update that should allow you to log in without a hitch. The current version of Shopify Ping on iOS is 2.5.3.

If you are still experiencing issues logging in after updating to the current version please contact us at ping@shopify.com and we can work with you directly to ensure everything is up and running. 🙂

Sleems.com

I mean seriously what can you expect from a free app. But in all honesty, this app is worst than free. It will cost you money in loss of customers. I've tested it as a customer. Once you click on the "Chat" you can't go back on to the shop, you have to open your site/shop on a new tab, so have the chat in one tab and your shop on another tab (Mobile device as I haven't tested on desktop). By then my customer has a high chance of losing interest because I certainly won't be bothered to switch from tab to tabs for a question. Disgraceful how Shopify can't fix their own app after so many bad reviews...

Hi Sleems.com
Thank you for your feedback!

Buyers visiting your store on a mobile device should be able to minimize the chat screen by clicking the banner found at the top of the conversation screen. If that banner isn’t clickable on your end, please contact our team at ping@shopify.com and we can look into what could be causing that.

On desktop the chat will appear as a small conversation window in the bottom right corner, that won’t impede your customers ability to navigate the store.

If you have any other questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team!

Protein Package

Oh no... This has killed my SEO! Google has started crawling my pages with (1) - the notification from this app in the meta title. This looks so unprofessional on Google and has really affected my organic results. You need to fix this ASAP!!!

May 12, 2020

Hi Protein Package,
Thank you for your feedback. Our developers were able to resolve the issue you were seeing, in which the (1) notification appeared before page titles in Google searches. However, Google's site crawlers can take a few weeks between rounds, so it may take some time before the page titles are indexed without the (1).

You can speed this process up by asking Google to re-crawl your URLs - https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

Or by resubmitting your sitemap - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/seo/find-site-map

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. You can reach us at hellokit@shopify.com

Previous 1 3 4