Shopify Chat

Shopify Chat

by Shopify

Use the power of live chat to grow your business

Oxygen Powered

Good concept, too raw, more frequent updates are necessary.
I encourage native apps for better integration, but this one is useless. We manage 2 stores in 1 app (android), I've to log in every time I open the app, I can't copy any message, to share with our members (sales, warehouse, etc.) I can't find where are the messages stored in the admin panel. I can't capture visitors contact details.

October 21, 2020

Hello Oxygen Powered, thanks so much for your honest feedback and review. All your points are great and some of them we are already working on to release in the future ;-)

If you keep the app updated, these improvements will be heading your way. Our apologies for the current frustrations, and feedback from merchants like you are what help us to improve. Thank you again!

If you have any issues or further questions, feel free to contact us directly, our email is ping@shopify.com.

Warmest regards,

Susan Connor New York

I'm writing this review in hopes that shopify will read it and improve on the app! This app has actually helped us engage with many buyers, and close many sales. BUT...and this is a big but...it takes forever, and it's very hard to do so using an iphone. There's no desktop version, and that makes it very expensive to make these sales. What it has proven to us is that there is a need for chat in our store and customers love having that access. Our wishlist... a desktop version, an order lookup in the chat itself, and an immediate prompt / text box for customers to leave an email. At this point, customers are only prompted to leave an email after they've asked a question. Then, they're told "oops, we're not here, please leave your email" and often, they do not. They're so disappointed we've wasted their time by then that they click off. It's not a horrifying app. But, I'd call it "chat for beginners". Very beginners ;)

October 13, 2020

Hello Susan, thanks so much for your review and great feedback! We do indeed listen and I will take all your points directly to our product team, they are great ideas and may be implemented in the future.

I will personally reach out to you when some of those features are launched, but in the meantime, keep your app updated for any latest features.

All the best,

A.BCH

Poor customisation, chat message received time lag, overly complex sales channels with apple chat and messenger. Could be greatly improved, now we are looking into a third party chat option. Also just don't like the aesthetic of the chat button.

September 28, 2020

Hello A.BCH, thank you for your honest feedback and review!

We are always improving the app, taking merchant feedback like yours is very serious business for us. We will be addressing several of your concerns in future releases, so would love for you to keep the app or come back to it later.

If you wish to share more of your super helpful feedback, feel free to reach out to our team directly at ping@shopify.com. Thank you!

Best regards.

Conscious Ink

Doesn't appear to be any way to set availability on IOS either, and that is very frustrating. Customers are reaching out at all times of the night we are not able to answer at those times.

September 21, 2020

Hello Conscious Ink, thank you so much for your feedback!

On IOS, you can set chat availability in your app settings, but the Android version does not have this feature yet. We are working on adding more options and features in the near future, so definitely keep your app up to date!

Feel free to reach out to our team if you need anything or if you have further feedback. You can reach us directly at ping@shopify.com. Thank you!

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Kit and Ping Support

a yellow giraffe

I like the idea, but still needs improvement for android version. I would like to have the ability to set hours available for live chat (like facebook messenger) and, also, to be able to respond via computer, not just phone app.

Hi a yellow giraffe!

Thank you for your feedback!

There are some features that were not added in this initial first version of Shopify Ping for Android that we intend to incorporate in future updates. Features that are integrated into the iOS version of Ping such as sharing product pages, draft orders, discount codes, setting availability hours as you mentioned, as well as working with Kit, will be added in the future as we build upon Ping for Android. :)

If you have any other feedback, or any questions at all, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at ping@shopify.com.

PocoPet Ultralight Dog Carrier

I like how it ties together messages from different places - BUT the dealbreaker is there's no field for the customer to enter their email address. So if I don't respond IMMEDIATELY to a text, the customer browses off my site and there's no way to reach them again. Really strange execution for an app that's supposed to help customers get answers.

Hi PocoPet Ultralight Dog Carrier,

Thank you for your feedback!

Our team has recently added a feature into Shopify Chat that prompts all visitors to leave either an email address or a phone number in case you're not able to respond to them in time.

Currently Shopify Chat will only recognize North American phone numbers, but if the buyer leaves an email address Shopify Chat will look through the 'Customers' section of your Shopify Admin for a match. If it matches the email address or phone number to an existing customer it will replace the buyer's placeholder title in Ping with their name, number or email address (depending on what's listed in the customer record in Shopify). If it can't match them to an existing customer it will create a new customer record in Shopify for them instead. :)

If you have any other questions or feedback please don't hesitate to reach out to our team at ping@shopify.com

AvaSophia &Co.

App was working fine until last night I updated it like it said. Now it won't open. My customers keep asking questions but I can't respond. Aggravated

AVAGADA

Shopify, please get rid of the "Leave a number and we'll text you back as soon as we're available (an email address works too)." It's constantly showing, even when the store owner is not 'away'. It signifies to the customer that we're unavailable when we are.

Also, consider putting an end chat feature on the store owners end, automatic options and also button controlled. So the customer knows the chat's ended when it has. On the customers screen it seems like continuous messaging, but on the shop owners screen, its a different visitor and a whole new chat.

Please look into these, your almost there.

Hi AVAGADA,

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Since Shopify Chat is a live chat feature, and we know our merchants are often busy and cannot get to visitor conversations immediately at all times, we wanted to provide a way for visitors to leave some information so that you, the merchant, can continue the conversation at your convenience and potentially capture that sale. However, you make a great point that it could potentially signify to the visitor that you're not available and is definitely something I will bring forward to the team.

We're always looking for ways to build upon and improve our product, so this feedback is really appreciated.

I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to get some more of your thoughts on what you'd like to see moving forward.

House of Flora

Seemed like a good idea to download the app, runs smoothly on a desktop but cant send messages using an iPhone and cant minimise the chat to allow customers to continue shopping

Hi House of Flora,

Thank you for your feedback! I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to see if we can troubleshoot the issue you were having with the chat not minimizing.

Shopify Chat, when viewed on a mobile device, should have an option to be minimized. However, on some occasions we've seen other apps move Shopify Chat's button up slightly, pushing the minimize option off screen.

Take care and talk soon,
Ellis from Ping and Kit Support

Capsul

I like how ell thais app is integrated with the Shopify system.
What I don't like is that the opening message for the customer is not customisable. The users don't have to put in any details of themselves which makes it difficult for the store staff to strike a personalised conversation.
All customers have a name like shopper 123, which doesn't help.

Hi Capsul!

Thank you for your feedback.

We have recently added a feature to Shopify Chat that asks visitors to enter an email address or phone number in order for you, the merchant, to follow up with them should they need to go.

Currently Shopify Chat can only recognize North American phone numbers, but if a visitor leaves an email address Shopify Chat will search through your 'Customers' section of Shopify to see if it matches an existing customer. If it does, Shopify Chat will update the conversation to show the buyer's name or email address. If it doesn't match an existing customer, Shopify Chat will create a new customer record for that visitor.

You can also edit the automated away and available messages in Ping to ask visitors to leave information. I will reach out to you personally over email to go over how you can do that. :)

Take Care,