Shopify Chat

Shopify Chat

by Shopify

Use live chat to turn visitors into customers.

AVAGADA

Shopify, please get rid of the "Leave a number and we'll text you back as soon as we're available (an email address works too)." It's constantly showing, even when the store owner is not 'away'. It signifies to the customer that we're unavailable when we are.

Also, consider putting an end chat feature on the store owners end, automatic options and also button controlled. So the customer knows the chat's ended when it has. On the customers screen it seems like continuous messaging, but on the shop owners screen, its a different visitor and a whole new chat.

Please look into these, your almost there.

House of Flora

Seemed like a good idea to download the app, runs smoothly on a desktop but cant send messages using an iPhone and cant minimise the chat to allow customers to continue shopping

Capsul

I like how ell thais app is integrated with the Shopify system.
What I don't like is that the opening message for the customer is not customisable. The users don't have to put in any details of themselves which makes it difficult for the store staff to strike a personalised conversation.
All customers have a name like shopper 123, which doesn't help.

NNEYAH Cards & Gifts

Unfortunately had to disable the app because it's lacking a couple of standard features in comparison to other visitor chat apps. Also, as Ping for Android took a while, would have expected at the very least, it would have the same features as the IOS verison. For now it doesn't - one example, can't set availability hours.

June 16, 2020

Hi NNEYAH Cards & Gifts.

Thank you for that feedback.

There are some features that were not added in the initial first version of Shopify Ping for Android that we intend to incorporate in future updates. Features that are integrated into the iOS version of Ping such as sharing product pages, draft orders, discount codes, as well as working with Kit, will be added in the future as we build upon Ping for Android.

Due to the rapidly changing e-commerce landscape we wanted to get what free tools we had available in the hands of our merchants as quickly as we could, which is why some features were omitted.

If you have any questions or additional feedback as to what you’d like to see in Shopify Chat on Android moving forward, please feel free to reach out to our team directly at ping@shopify.com.

Hair So Fab

The app is ok but why do you you need full access to use the app? I wanted my assistant to manager the chat but i do not want to give her full access.

June 10, 2020

Hi Hair So Fab!
Thank you for your review. At this time staff accounts require full permissions to use Ping and Shopify Chat due to the fact that the app provides the ability to share draft orders with custom discount codes and shipping rates. However, we plan to address those required permissions in the near future in order to allow you to grant access to limited permissions staff members. :)

If you have any other questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team at ping@shopfiy.com, we’re happy to help!

Sturdy Sports

You must be kidding me. I am surprised that Shopify business team have undermined Android users so heavily. You guys are a billion dollars business and could not afford to release Android version at the same time. Shocking.

May 12, 2020

Owe The Glow

It is impossible to work if you do not have an ios device. Make it accessible to everyone. We all pay. If I am mistaken, I will be glad to receive instructions for use on android.

April 22, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to report that the Android version of Ping is coming very soon, so Android users can take advantage of Shopify Chat. You can sign up to be notified when it's available: https://www.shopify.com/ping. Just enter your email address and click "Join Waitlist".

Hi Brazil Market

I am moving back to Tidio
Very disappointing since is a feature from Shopify. Conversations as not keep together, the system starts a new one after a short time and to get worst there is no customer name so I am don’t know if is a new conversation.

The Beer Library

I would like to use this app as our model relies on personal assistance, however the features are far, far too limited. No option for a customer to leave contact information so if they leave the page all communication is lost on their end. I've found the kit integration to be generally good, but without any continuity for the customer, the app is useless.

Impact Absorbents

The chat feature worked very well for me. I was able to get a new customer to order easily, and some of the features of sending products and orders directly in the chat window came in handy.

However, without the ability to schedule active hours, have multiple users, and use a desktop client, I found that the tool becomes unusable for our needs. Add those features in and I would become a user again.

Previous 1