Shopify Chat

Shopify Chat

by Shopify

Use the power of live chat to grow your business

Arda Suppliers

I really wanted to like this app. Integration with Apple Messages works well, it looks good and everything is centralised on Ping. Plus it’s free. However, just turning this app on instantly kills my pagespeed score! It’s loading webfonts, google captchas, jquery and a bunch of other stuff. Plus I have no control over it. There should be an option to manually insert chat onto the theme, so I could get some control on how it’s loaded. Or options to disable chat on mobile version (it’s where it’s most noticeable the performance hit). Or please do anything really about performance, I want to use this app and chat service but as it is it’s simple impossible.

February 24, 2021

Hello Arda Suppliers, thank you for your honest review and feedback.

We understand how important page speed is for our Merchants and this feedback is valuable. I will be sharing it with the Developers.

If you ever need any help, have questions or even more feedback, feel free to reach out to our team via the support link in the app, or directly at ping@shopify.com.

Kind regards,

KIALOA

We have 2 stores, we are unable to manage both within shopifyping.com There isn't a way to have a set schedule when our customer service staff shows up to work every day. The message management is clunky and you're unable to filter/archive old messages. When this app gets much needed improvements, my review may change.

February 2, 2021

Hello KIALOA, thank you for the review and feedback!

We heard the feedback and want to let you know that our Product team is currently working on a solution to manage more than one store using Shopify Ping. I do not have an estimated release date, but this is something to look forward too! As for message management, we will be releasing the ability to filter/assign/archive messages on both android and web version of Ping by Spring 2021. And assigning chats on a set schedule; that is something I will take our Product team for consideration - this is valuable feedback!

If you ever need any assistance with the app, or have further feedback and suggestions, feel free to contact our team directly at ping@shopify.com

Thanks again!

Socksmith

If you use iOS, this app is great! If not, move on. I was excited to use this app because it integrates so well with the rest of Shopify, however many of the features are only available if you are using the iOS app (availability hours, saved replies, link to products and discounts, etc). Desktop and Android only give you access to the basic chat without the ability to edit any of the settings or more advanced chat options. Hopefully they update the desktop interface to include the ability to manage settings and full chat options, because everything else about it looked really promising and easy to use. Installation was very easy, the only issue is that the chat button is enabled automatically before you've customized any settings. It's easy to disable so just be aware to do that if you are not ready to start customer chats right away.

February 1, 2021

Hello Socksmith, thank you for the honest feedback and detailed review!

While we don't currently have all the features available across all platforms, our Developers are working on releasing iOS features across all Shopify Ping platforms (iOS, Android and Web) later this year. I hope that once all features are available on Android, you'll give Shopify Chat another try! Feel free to update your review once you give Shopify Chat another chance.

If you have any other feedback or questions, please do get in touch with our team at ping@shopify.com.

Thanks again!

Graphics Direct

It seemed to work OK, The problem is that there is no way to set your opening hours so the damn thing is pinging all night thanks to international customers who get annoyed because they think that you are ignoring them.
No-one can be available 24/7 365 days a year.

January 13, 2021

Hello Graphics Direct, thank you very much for your review and feedback.

It is possible to set hours of availability as well as a separate automated message for when you are 'available' or 'set to away'. This is all done through the Shopify Ping app. Here is the link to the help doc (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/ping/setup#set-your-chat-availability) on how to set that up.

Setting up hours of availability won't prevent customers from chatting in outside of your hours of availability, so notifications may continue (but hopefully fewer!) so I will include your feedback to our developers.

Ab Fab Textiles

I appreciate that this is a free app supplied by Shopify for which I am grateful. However, it has nearly no customization, notifications through Ping Android App are appallingly bad and inconsistent and so often I get messages but don't know until the customer has left. No time stamps on messages means you don't know whether customer left 1 minute ago, so might be able to recover via Email immediately or whether it was 1/2/3 hours before. Some of us SME owners are too busy at the moment to keep checking their phone just in case someone messaged. Am now looking at paid alternatives unfortunately.

November 23, 2020

Hello Ab Fab Textiles, thank you very much for this great feedback! This is exactly what we need to know in order to improve the app.

Customizing the Android version is something we are working on and will be releasing more features soon. It's a big request from merchants right now.

While time stamps are there for the day, they are not available for the hour - again, this is something we are working to release.

But I will also follow up with a personal email to you, as I think we can discuss this further. Please keep an eye on your inbox for an email from me.

Hope that helps!

Oxygen Powered

Good concept, too raw, more frequent updates are necessary.
I encourage native apps for better integration, but this one is useless. We manage 2 stores in 1 app (android), I've to log in every time I open the app, I can't copy any message, to share with our members (sales, warehouse, etc.) I can't find where are the messages stored in the admin panel. I can't capture visitors contact details.

October 21, 2020

Hello Oxygen Powered, thanks so much for your honest feedback and review. All your points are great and some of them we are already working on to release in the future ;-)

If you keep the app updated, these improvements will be heading your way. Our apologies for the current frustrations, and feedback from merchants like you are what help us to improve. Thank you again!

If you have any issues or further questions, feel free to contact us directly, our email is ping@shopify.com.

Warmest regards,

Susan Connor New York

I'm writing this review in hopes that shopify will read it and improve on the app! This app has actually helped us engage with many buyers, and close many sales. BUT...and this is a big but...it takes forever, and it's very hard to do so using an iphone. There's no desktop version, and that makes it very expensive to make these sales. What it has proven to us is that there is a need for chat in our store and customers love having that access. Our wishlist... a desktop version, an order lookup in the chat itself, and an immediate prompt / text box for customers to leave an email. At this point, customers are only prompted to leave an email after they've asked a question. Then, they're told "oops, we're not here, please leave your email" and often, they do not. They're so disappointed we've wasted their time by then that they click off. It's not a horrifying app. But, I'd call it "chat for beginners". Very beginners ;)

October 13, 2020

****Hello Susan, some new updates have been released, including Ping for desktop! Go to https://shopifyping.com and login with your Shopify credentials, then enjoy the ease of use of replying to your customers from a desktop or laptop. ****

Thanks so much for your review and great feedback! We do indeed listen and I will take all your points directly to our product team, they are great ideas and may be implemented in the future.

I will personally reach out to you when some of those features are launched, but in the meantime, keep your app updated for any latest features.

All the best,

A.BCH

Poor customisation, chat message received time lag, overly complex sales channels with apple chat and messenger. Could be greatly improved, now we are looking into a third party chat option. Also just don't like the aesthetic of the chat button.

September 28, 2020

Hello A.BCH, thank you for your honest feedback and review!

We are always improving the app, taking merchant feedback like yours is very serious business for us. We will be addressing several of your concerns in future releases, so would love for you to keep the app or come back to it later.

If you wish to share more of your super helpful feedback, feel free to reach out to our team directly at ping@shopify.com. Thank you!

Best regards.

Conscious Ink

Doesn't appear to be any way to set availability on IOS either, and that is very frustrating. Customers are reaching out at all times of the night we are not able to answer at those times.

September 21, 2020

Hello Conscious Ink, thank you so much for your feedback!

On IOS, you can set chat availability in your app settings, but the Android version does not have this feature yet. We are working on adding more options and features in the near future, so definitely keep your app up to date!

Feel free to reach out to our team if you need anything or if you have further feedback. You can reach us directly at ping@shopify.com. Thank you!

Hope that helps.

Kit and Ping Support

a yellow giraffe

I like the idea, but still needs improvement for android version. I would like to have the ability to set hours available for live chat (like facebook messenger) and, also, to be able to respond via computer, not just phone app.

September 11, 2020

*** GOOD NEWS! We have just launched Shopify Ping for desktop! Go to https://shopifyping.com and login with your Shopify credentials, then enjoy the ease of use of replying to your customers from a desktop or laptop. ***

Hi a yellow giraffe!

Thank you for your feedback!

There are some features that were not added in this initial first version of Shopify Ping for Android that we intend to incorporate in future updates. Features that are integrated into the iOS version of Ping such as sharing product pages, draft orders, discount codes, setting availability hours as you mentioned, as well as working with Kit, will be added in the future as we build upon Ping for Android. :)

If you have any other feedback, or any questions at all, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at ping@shopify.com.

Take care,
Ellis from Ping and Kit Support.

Previous 1 3