Shopify Chat

Shopify Chat

by Shopify

Use the power of live chat to grow your business

Amber Guru

I like this app, but it's so frustrating that it's impossible to get rid of this text on top of the pop-up chat: "Leave a number and we'll text you back as soon as we're available (an email address works too)." Even, after contacting support, I didn't manage to succeed. Is it just me, or is that text really unnecessary and ugly?

October 13, 2020

Hi Amber Guru, thank you for your honest feedback and review! The "Leave a number .." banner is not removable at this time, as it's meant to link up a phone number or email address to an existing customer. If your customer list recognizes a phone number or email address, it will replace that with their name to personalize the chat! If it is not recognized, a customer account will be created and then you can market to them at a later time.

However, we are noting it would be great to have this as an option to edit or turn/off on, so will be adding your request to our product team. :-)

Hope that clears up any confusion, and again, thank you for your feedback. This is very helpful so we can improve our products!

All the best,
Veronica N.
Ping Support

Fascinators Direct

Early days as we have only just installed this app on our online hat shop: fascinatorsdirect.co.uk

The Shopify live chat app seems easy to use and it's free which is great but you will need to download Shopify ping to reply to your customers.

It's quite basic compared to some other paid apps and it lacks to ability to customise the appearance which is a shame. Hopefully, Shopify will improve the app over time.

September 21, 2020

Hello Fascinators Direct, thank you very much for your review and feedback!

Yes, in order to answer visitor queries on your site on your mobile device, the Ping app is required to download - although that is also free from the Google Play store or the Apple App store. :-)

We are working to improve Shopify Chat and release new ways to customize the widget. Please keep your app updated so you can benefit from the new features!

Again, thanks for your feedback, it is really appreciated!

Best regards,
Veronica N.
Kit & Ping Support

WOLCOTT TAKEMOTO

I wish there was a way to see and respond to chats on your computer. I feel like the Ping app doesn't always send notifications, I often seem to miss messages. It would be so useful to not have to answer on my phone.

V. H. Hess

Feature Requests: Please give us an option to do the following with Shopify Chat app:

* Custom button size text box or slider; the button is too big on mobile and covers elements of a web page on smaller 4-4.7" screens. I'd live a 35-45px icon size instead
*Choose what corner of the screen the chat button appears, and what its shape can be optionally (rounded corner tab in the corner or side of page, circle button, square shape)
* Choose a custom PNG or SVG image in place of the default icon/text options for chat button that you have designed
* Give an option to also direct message/IM using third-party URLs/profiles (Telegram. WhatsApp, etc.) within the chat window element ("Also chat via: Telegram, WhatsApp" links within the window)

Drone Class

For now 3 stars, because the app works (also with Android). We need options to customize the icon (for instance: size and exact position on the screen). It could be a great app in the near future. Thanks for the effort. :)

September 11, 2020

Hi Drone Class.

Thank you for that feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve our product, so this is definitely something we'll be sure to pass along to the team. :)

If you ever have anymore feedback, or questions, please feel free to reach out to us at ping@shopfiy.com.

KJ Urban Winery & Craft Brewing Supplies

There are some things I like about this app, how it is integrated into the website, how you can make sales directly from it.

At the same time, it is annoying that it is so barebones. Also, the constant (1) notification when my customers are on the site I find annoying.

I have set limited hours of availability, but if they are online when I am not available, the app still acts like I am there until I respond. Then my automated "I am not here" message shows up. But... this is super annoying. It is misleading to our customers. I would love to make the chat unavailable entirely when we are not there.

June 10, 2020

Hi KJ Urban Winery & Craft Brewing Supplies.

Thank you for your feedback! At this time there is no way to hide the chat completely when outside of your available hours, however, we always appreciate hearing how we can improve upon our product. :)

Our team has recently released a feature for Shopify Chat in which a buyer is now prompted to leave an email address along with their questions should they wait longer than a few minutes for a response.

The Chat will search the buyer’s response for an email address, and if one is found Shopify Chat will then replace the visitor’s placeholder title of “1SC” with their email address in order for you to be able to follow up. :)

If you have any other questions or feedback please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team directly at ping@shopify.com!

Oakano Furniture

Overall this apps is great. And I will giving 5 star if this app allow send images through the chat

Digital Media Warehouse

I use this app to respond to customer chat requests because it works with apple chat when valid. I think the functionality is pretty good. Chat works on all devices I have tested and I can respond to multiple at a time. My only complaint is that it has to be used with Ping to respond with customers. It gets very tedious using my iphone to respond to all requests. I would love some functionality to respond via computer at some point.

KEVA Planks

This has been a good validation that we should have chat, and it's great that it's free to help us learn that but there are some significant improvements needed. Pros: easy integration to give it a try, works on mobile (iPhone), the ability to send products is great.

Cons:

- There's no sound/indicator when a new chat comes in unless I have my volume on. I like to keep my phone on vibrate.
- Would like a desktop version available so I don't have to keep an eye on my phone
- Would like to set available hours and/or an "Away" notification
- Would like to capture emails for later response if away. I feel terrible missing a chat and it's very poor form.

FixProvider

The widget is not optimized for Safari browser. Almost on all iPhones and MacBooks using Safari browser the white chat widget is not centered. And when opening it in Safari browser MacBook, after refreshing the page, the widget never shows up.

September 12, 2019

Hello FixProvider -
Thank you for your feedback and letting us know about the problems you were seeing in Safari. We have fixed the centering issue as well as the problem that prevented the widget from showing up after a page refresh. You should see those working properly now.

All the best,