Let shoppers reach you easily
Chat is the preferred way for online shoppers to reach you. Answer questions, make recommendations, and provide a better buying experience.
Turn traffic into sales
Shoppers who chat with a brand are more likely to make a purchase. Use chat to help them make purchases with confidence.
Automate customer order lookup
Questions about order status are common. Save time with an automated response that provides customers with order status and tracking link.
About Shopify Chat
NOTE: Shopify Chat requires a mobile device. Messages are managed in Shopify Ping, which is available for iOS, iPadOS, and Android devices.
Shopify Chat is a free sales channel that gives customers a seamless way to reach out to you while they shop. It does this by adding a customizable live chat button to your online store.
Once Shopify Chat and Ping are installed, you can manage customer conversations, make product recommendations, and share custom discounts to shoppers right inside your chat conversations with only a few taps.
And, in case you're unavailable, Shopify Chat gives customers the option to provide a phone number or email address. This allows you to follow up with them after they leave your online store/live chat. Their info will be added to your Customers list in Shopify or matched to an existing customer.
With Ping and Shopify Chat you can:
- Add and customize a chat button on your online store
- Respond to customers in real-time while they’re at your store
- Make product recommendations and share discounts and new orders in chat
- Give customers a way to automatically get their order status
- Build your customer list when shoppers provide contact information
- Track Shopify sales using your sales channel overview and Analytics pages
- To use Shopify Chat you must have an online store with Shopify
- Shopify Ping must be installed on an iOS, iPadOS, or Android device to receive and respond to messages
Most recent reviews
very nice needs some support for Arabic language only some letters does not show in the mobile app while chatting but overall great
Patterns by Lucia
Easy to use. I've made several tests pretending to be a customer, and it worked well. Had some troubles installing on my phone, ended with an app called PING - quite confusing. But now I receive all the customer messages, from Facebook Messanger and Shopify Chat, in one place.
Good concept, too raw, more frequent updates are necessary.
I encourage native apps for better integration, but this one is useless. We manage 2 stores in 1 app (android), I've to log in every time I open the app, I can't copy any message, to share with our members (sales, warehouse, etc.) I can't find where are the messages stored in the admin panel. I can't capture visitors contact details.