Store Pickup + Delivery

Store Pickup + Delivery

by Zapiet

Offer store pickup and local delivery from your retail stores

Wild & Free Organics ltd.

Pros : Its a good app if you dont have any subscriptions and if you are on a higher shopify plan because of the shipping api. The design is slick too.

Cons: Does not work with subscriptions (Major Conflict) , if you are on a basic plan you will need to upgrade it by $20 per month. The Price is just not justifiable. Finally, they will punish you if you uninstall this app, i did see a review on their that someone had issues removing the app, and yes it does warn you in the beginning that you better bookmark the un-installation guide. So there is no hidden tricks or gimmicks here, its simply lack of develoment, many many apps that are much complicated than this one can install and un install without the need of the waste of time to remove this.

So basically please back up your theme first or you will be upset.

June 6, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take all feedback incredibly seriously and so I have provided responses to each of your points.

1. The $20/month additional charge
This additional charge is for a Shopify feature called the Carrier Service API. The Carrier Service API is the only way that app developers can generate rates within your checkout. Zapiet take no commission and have no financial benefit from this charge. This is a business decision set by the powers that be at Shopify. You can use our app without this feature, but we won't be able to prevent your free pickup rate from appearing when a customer selects delivery.

2. Subscriptions
We currently have an active integration with Bold's Subscription app. It is used by 100s of merchants each day. We are actively working with the other major subscription players to provide additional support for their apps as well.

You mentioned you had a "Major Conflict", can you please email us and let us know what that conflict was? We can then work to address it for you.

3. Uninstalling
After the previous review you mentioned we have updated our app to simplfy both the install and uninstall process. You can now specifically select which theme you want to install our app on (or choose none). When you uninstall now, our widget will be immediately removed from your store.

There is then some additional steps required if you wish to fully remove all our code from your theme. But from the moment you click uninstall none of our code will run, and your theme will function as it did originally.

The reason we have to inject our code into your theme like this is so that your customers can't checkout before first selecting their pickup or delivery date and time. It is not techncially possible on Shopify to do this any other way.

We also have near 24/7 support now. So if you do ever have any questions or get stuck just hop on live chat with us.

4. Design
We're super glad you like the design of the app! We've spent a lot of time trying to perfect the user interface to make it as easy as possible to use, and to fit in with the rest of the Shopify ecosystem.

Thanks again for your feedback! We hope the above shows that we are actively listening to both yours and other merchants feedback and that we are rapidly implementing improvements when and where required.

Kind regards,

Andy

The Flower Petal

Terrible customer service and support. I use this app for my flower shop for local pickup and delivery. Everything worked great for awhile, but lately we've been starting to have some issues. We have had two orders where there was no delivery date. We reported this problem last week and haven't heard back. I sent a follow-up today, and couldn't talk to an actual person, just a bot that basically told me to wait another day.

Keto Cakes Utah

I had high hopes for this app, but it was really hacky around the main theme I was using. It would appear as a selection in the cart, but then open the cart again and you get "no local pickup available". If you move to checkout, the pickup address is put in the shipping address slots and is changeable by the customer. I felt this was going to be more problems than it's worth.

Because my pickup windows are very limited and my products are simple, I decided to go with adding my pickups as product variations and not allow that verison of the item to be a physical item. It's a hack, but it's way more stable than Store Pickup + Delivery.

Turcomp Gasket

When I click on Store pickup on Checkout, the price for Delivery is still charge. Hope to solve this issue ASAP