Store Pickup + Delivery

Store Pickup + Delivery

by Zapiet

Supercharged Curbside Pickups, Local Delivery and Inventory

Moon Juice Shops

We have sent 2 emails and a support ticket but have received no response on an issue with inventory syncing. Very frustrating.

April 28, 2020

Hi Moon Juice Shops,

Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm truly sorry for the poor experience you had back in April.

As i'm sure you can imagine demand for our app skyrocketed exponentially this year. We certainly struggled to keep up on the support front as we just did not have enough man hours available to keep up.

We have since grown our support team and have implemented a huge number of process and technical improvements. As you will see from our recent reviews we have successfully scaled and are back on top form.

I have documented the improvements we made at length in this blog article: https://www.zapiet.com/post/surviving-the-pickup-ocalypse.

I'd be more than happy to personally hop on the phone with you anytime to help get you setup and clear up any questions you may have about the app or our business.

Rockford Art Deli

I tried installing and setting up the App. I didn't have any luck with getting it working. Submitted two support requests with no luck getting help.

Hi Rockford Art Deli,

MOXIE BOX

I purchased this app to be one of the foundation elements of my online business, with zip code verification and local delivery as my main focus of use. Unfortunately I will likely have to figure something else out as their customer support is awful/unresponsive and the app does not seem to work with my (paid) theme, even though they have a widget for it.

Initially the CS was slow but eventually responsive with a smaller issue, though I had to answer questions in order to get moved on to a "specialist" that could help me. I was supposedly moved on to this "specialist" 5 days ago and have heard nothing back. 3 days ago I saw that despite the app having a specific widget for my theme, it is causing my ENTIRE CHECKOUT to stop working. Even after I removed the app, I STILL had to go in and delete code. Then when I re-installed it (and was re-charged $ for it, which also needs to get handled now) none of the installation happened, and it all had to be done manually. Throughout this entire process I have heard nothing from support. I called the phone number in the support email and all it says is that Zapiet is "closed."

This is incredibly sketchy and understaffed at best, and is a complete rip off at worst. I'm disappointed in Shopify as well, as this was one of their recommended apps.

Don't waste your time and money.

Hi Movie Box,

Viande et Plus / Meat & More

I downloaded this app because my store does store pick-ups and delivery. After a month of customer service answering me once every 3 or 4 days, not being able to speak with someone, being passed from one person to another and now I'm paying for a transaction app they said would fix my problem but didn't...enough is enough. Absolutely terrible customer service

Hi Meat & More,

Tasty As Fit

I dont know if it's the current times or excess use, and I have tried to be patient, but this app has failed us during critical lunch hour peaks now three times over the past 3 weeks. Customers are not able to select a day or time to check out for hours and sometimes It stops working for the rest of the day.

* POST-COVID LOCKDOWN UPDATE - Sept 2020 *

Hi Tasty as fit,

Lani Online Shop

Unfortunally this app is very unstable. Three times in 3 weeks their app has been down, which made it impossible for customer to buy anything on our webpage... There is also no 24h Support, so when the app is down, you can just wait and hope. Sorry, you lost me as customer

Hi Lani,

It's Andy here the Founder of Zapiet. I just wanted to express my sincerest apologies for the issues you have faced recently whilst using the app. Our infrastructure has certainly been hit hard recently with the surge in demand of deliveries and pickups.

After some thorough investigation we have discovered that each of the three downtime periods you mentioned were caused by a single stores sheer volume of traffic. The merchant is a national supermarket chain with ties to Masterchef. When Masterchef airs each week, people start ordering on mass. That's why the downtime has been consistantly the same day and time of the week. We have now migrated this particular merchant to their own server so not to effect other users of the app.

Behind the scenes we have also rapidly been rewriting all key parts of the app to improve stability as well as performance. Tomorrow I will be sending an email to all existing merchants detailing the exact steps we have taken to mitigate these issues going forward.

With regards to customer support please feel free to contact me directly on andy@zapiet.com should you feel you aren't getting a response from my team in a timely manor, or for any other issues or questions you have.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

Emerald Vinyl

If I can give zero stars, I would. With everything going on, you want your online store to be efficient and streamline. I've put in more tickets to have my issue resolved than orders received! They would escalate and nothing would come of it. Very disappointed!

Hi Emerald Vinyl,

I'm really sorry to hear of the experience you faced trying to get support from my team. Since the start of COVID-19 crisis we have been hit hard on the support front. Only a couple of weeks ago we was a super small team of six people, with an average response time of 2-3 hours.

Since then everything has changed.

I'd love a second chance to show you what Zapiet is made of and how positive the experience can be. Please feel free to drop me an email on andy@zapiet.com and we can arrange a time to hop on a call and discuss further :)

Speak soon!

Andy

Lady Glaze Doughnuts

Several issues that I can't seem to get any support for. Days between replies or sometimes no response.

App continues to degrade. Someone at shopify needs to step in. They have to fix the issues or be removed. Countless hours of time wasted dealing with them and errors in orders they create.

Third request for support as the app keeps going down. It takes days if not weeks for a response just to be told "we don't see the issue."

Last chance to save me as a customer before I delete your poorly supported app.

Hi Lady Glaze Doughnuts,

Since then everything has changed.

Speak soon!

Andy

Robert Withecombe Butchers

The app itself is actually very good. However, the company are clearly struggling to keep on top of the volume of new customers that they are getting, and rather than stopping selling to new customers, they are continuing to take them on.

This means the app is regularly going offline for all customers and is costing stores a lot of money as the checkout completely breaks.

In case it helps other people, the status page is here: https://status.zapiet.com/

Hi Robert,

It's Andy here the Founder of Zapiet. You are 100% correct in that we have been struggling to keep on top of the sheer demand for our app. We did indeed take the decision to halt new installs until things were back under control.

After some thorough investigation we have discovered that each of the three downtime periods you mentioned were caused by a single stores sheer volume of traffic. The merchant is a national supermarket chain with ties to Masterchef. When Masterchef airs each week, people start ordering on mass. That's why the downtime has been consistently the same day and time of the week. We have now migrated this particular merchant to their own server so not to effect other users of the app.

Once again i'm sincerely sorry for the issues you have faced recently and really hope that we can rapidly regain your trust.

Kindest regards,

TasteBuds

Very unstable. Today is 18 April, all of a sudden for both of my website, the date and time selection modules become partial disabled and we are losign customers every minute. And they are uncontactable! I am a premium paying customer on their most expensive package! REPLY MY EMAILS NOW! cavendishmeat@gmail.com

Hi TasteBuds,

It's Andy here the Founder of Zapiet. I just wanted to express my sincerest apologies for the issues you have faced recently whilst using the app. We have done a huge amount of work since we last spoke to improve both our infrastructure and support team.

Only a couple of weeks ago we were a super small team of six people, with an average response time of 2-3 hours. Since then everything has changed due to merchants switching to pickup and delivery first in response to COVID. We are now a team of 20 and are still actively recuriting. With the aim of getting our response times back down to the best in the business.

I'd love a second chance to prove to you how awesome our app is! I'm going to drop you an email now from my personal email address and we can take it from there :)

I'm looking forward to getting things back on track!

Kindest,