Amazon & eBay by Codisto

Amazon & eBay by Codisto

by Codisto

Sell on any Amazon & eBay marketplace direct from your store

Cool Cat Designs

I really wanted to love Codisto. It has a huge potential. The ability to work on multiple products at the same time from within Shopify (instead of syncing to a different server) is great. The ability to map every field as I see fit, support of metafields and even formulas is great. That's the reason the app gets 2* instead of 1 (or 0).

But unfortunately, it did not work for my business for multiple reasons. First of all, it's very buggy. Following the help pages, tutorials and initial instructions provided by customer support did not work for me. I have thousands of products already listed on Amazon and Shopify and Codisto was supposed to seamlessly link them based on SKU and UPC. On their website they say "follow the in app prompts (including relinking any existing listings which can be done quickly in bulk)". This could not be further from the truth. All of my SKUs and UPCs match my Amazon inventory but still every product I tried to link required several additional manual changes (which the help pages say are not required but support, after escalations admitted they were). And then after taking 3-5 minutes to link ONE product I get an error message from Amazon.

Over and over, whenever I had an issue where something wasn't working as it should have according to their help pages, reaching out to support and having them take sometimes a day or more to respond yielded an instruction or clarification that completely contradicts their website, help pages and in-app help. Moreover, asking two support agents the same question produces a completely different, many times contradicting answer. The app says that if you disable the link between Codisto and Amazon for products that were not published by Codisto, only the link will be disabled. In reality (and what customer support told me after the fact, disabling a product on Codisto will not only delete your offer on Amazon but even the catalog page for the product itself - thus losing your BSR, reviews and any marketing efforts. Even on non-technical questions like how much the product costs I got 2 different responses from customer support, one of which contradicts the website (the websites says that plans are by listing, not SKU but the app says it is per SKU. One support person told me to trust the website and another told me to trust the app. When you sell clothing products, each with 20-40 different variation SKUs, this means a HUGE difference in price!)

To summarize, Codisto has a huge potential and may work for businesses that either haven't started selling on Amazon and eBay or have a few listings. If you already sell on Amazon and have many SKUs, or if you don't feel like having to beta-test a software with no reliable customer support or documentation, Codisto is not for you. I may give it a try again in the future if the software starts working the way they say it should.

March 14, 2019

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review. We are sorry that the experience wasn't as you expected.

Receiving feedback about help tutorials and articles is valuable to us and helps us understand where our weaknesses are (as opposed to just saying 'poor customer support'). We have recently had some videos produced to help with our help articles. Apologies that they weren't available at the time you tried our app.

Amazon can be challenging if a merchant's Shopify data doesn't match the format that Amazon requires for listing or matching. Codisto isn't perfect but as evidenced by other reviews, it generally performs very well. So we are disappointed to hear your experience wasn't good.

Our pricing recently changed (Nov 18) to be more generous to larger SKU merchants and Customer Support is definitely aware of the pricing structure. Apologies that they weren't clear at the time.

The Amazon API can take 3-5 minutes to list products but it's important to point out that this doesn't have to be done one by one. If you just list one product it can take a couple of minutes. However, if you list 1,000 products it can also take a couple of minutes.

Please reach out if you would like to try the app again and we will do our best to help you.

Crown Engraving

works great. they have a very good customer service team. i would recommend using with Google Chrome browser for best results.

eeTags.com

BUGGY APP ...

Problems\/
- In "Manage Marketplace" cant Unlink or add ebay/amazon accounts as the SAVE button dont work !
- Cant update address or setting as the clicking the save button dont work.
on the plus side there are more options than the other marketplace apps.

March 11, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. The problems you describe sound like a browser issue. Codisto works best with Google Chrome. Most functions are supported in Firefox and Safari although minor functionality can sometimes be missing with these browsers. We do not support Internet Explorer.

If you are experiencing any types of issues relating to button execution or on page rendering, we suggest switching to Google Chrome. Happy to explain why in more detail via support.

Delea Schweizerweine

Very usefull app, easy to install and to use. It is perfect if you need to syncronize your online shop with Amazon.
Very efficient and kind support.

Masala Pop Store

This app is horrible!! Its soooo slow and the statuses don't make any sense. The guide to the statuses is not in sync with what you see and they are far from specific. There is no clear update/insert/edit settings to manage how to push the changes. Less than 10% of my listings got posted and created a lot of errors, the most annoying one being, it pushes product variants as seperate listings without the variant info, so now if i have a tshirt in 5 sizes, there's 5 listings instead of 1 with size options and the size options isn't even mentioned on the listings, so I guess the shopper is just supposed to guess? This really sucks! I want my money back.

March 12, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review and sorry to hear you had a poor experience. If we may offer some comments that may help:

Amazon do not allow creation of variation listings if the data contained in the variation products inside Shopify is inconsistent e.g. Brand has different values. To fix you need to cleanse the data in Shopify first then relist.

Amazon will return errors if the product data in Shopify isn't sufficient to create listings e.g. missing UPC/EAN data.

We believe the statuses are logical and correctly reflect Amazon sync status. Your report of slowness is surprising to hear about - it's very rare for us to receive this kind of feedback.

Having said all this, it's our job to make you easily understand how to use the product and feel comfortable doing so and unfortunately your experience suggests we failed this time in that regard. We will review our in app messaging, support responses and help articles in order to meet our commitment of constantly improving our communication and product feedback.

Apologies we weren't able to meet your expectations this time.

La Briqueterie

The app is very good, and have many interesting and powerfull features. The support is good ... when you reach the good person ;-)

BALOO SPIELE

Everything is working as it should and the support is great. I am now selling on Ebay. Thank you guys.

Hand Drawn Tees

I switched to Codisto from Shopify's own Amazon integration and Inkfrog for ebay. Codisto is hands down a superior app as it is native to Shopify - this means edits to your Shopify catalogue are immediately in Codisto and you don't have to mess about importing or exporting anywhere. It's also really easy to do stuff with the grid and set rules up for common things.

The best thing about it was how easy the migration was. It immediately picked up all my ebay catalogue so I was switched over from inkfrog in about 30 mins. Amazon wasn't quite as simple as I had to paste some ASIN's into the grid but it was still much better than doing it from scratch.

As for support, John has really helped me with a few technical issues affecting a couple of products and I'm really pleased with my experience so far. If you're selling on ebay and Amazon, this is the app you need.

March 12, 2019

Thank you very much for your review - great to hear our hard work is appreciated :) xox

funkykidstore

Awesome help after having some difficulties setting the listing on Amazon. Support came right away from Noel and he was patient with a nontechnical person like me. Thanks, Noel

The Superior Products Discount Store

I just started using this app and was extremely impressed with the platform and the intuitive way it interfaces with Ebay and Amazon. Also there is 24/7 live chat which is awesome. The customer service person on the live chat guided me with ease through the process of listing my products. I'm very enthusiastic about finally being able to list my products on Ebay and Amazon through LINQ! Highest recommendation!