Codisto ‑ Amazon & eBay

Codisto ‑ Amazon & eBay

by Codisto

Sell on any Amazon & eBay site directly from Shopify

Gofybr - Hair Building Fibers

I never write reviews, but this app is rubbish :( it's caused me so countless customer issue problems. It sends some orders through to Shopify and not other & if you use a fulfilment centre and want the orders to push through once dispatching them from Shopify the app only partially works on this front as well. I tried asking their customer service team and i simply get referred to either Shopify or my fulfilment centre...what a headache!!

June 23, 2019

Firstly, sorry to see you having problems - of course it's frustrating when things don't work as expected but you have to be careful to vent in the right place/at the right source.

This review is inaccurate and misleading because Codisto has correctly sent all orders to Shopify. The errors lies with the order fulfillment app NOT Codisto. Leaving inaccurate reviews causes problems for everyone in the app ecosystem (not just the app developers).

If you reinstall the app and reach back out to support we can find the thing causing your fulfilment provider to crash by looking at the set of orders failed and then you have sufficient data to work with their support.

Radical Fingerboards

I liked this app at first, as it linked ebay to Shopify without having issues with inventory. But the default description makes the ebay listing slow and clunky due to it being badly coded. This software is very expensive per month for its simply not amazing UI.
And the final blow was when this app started listing items way under price, as on ebay we mark our products up, and then app free shipping. But this app is constantly listing items to Ebay incorrectly. Making us lose money of a number of sales due to international shipping being FREE, and not marking the product up at all.
And now there is a direct integration between Shopify --> eBay, so why pay for this clunky software....?

March 11, 2019

Thanks for the leaving the review - all comments are helpful.

We acknowledge your comments on pricing but firmly believe that quality software costs money to develop. We believe our pricing offers tremendous value for what it provides and believe merchants should be careful when being offered complicated integration software for 'free' as there is little incentive for these developers to maintain and improve the software. The performance, user experience and functionality of Codisto is market leading. Please visit the 'compare us' section of our website for more details.

We aren't sure what you mean by "But the default description makes the ebay listing slow and clunky due to it being badly coded" - by default we take your Shopify description to use on your marketplace listings but it's easy to switch to a custom description or amend the current Shopify description. Please email support if you'd like to learn more.

Regarding incorrect listing, the software will never list items 'under price', with free shipping when not intended or otherwise incorrectly. Listing will only occur with the settings used in the product. We can only assume you hadn't configured the settings correctly at the time of listing.

Last Shadow Marketplace

The first time I used this app it corrupted my 800 eBay listings. I had to delete all of them and relisted them. I decided to try it again for Amazon. It caused every product to over sell. I even got orders for items I have been out of stock on for a while now.

I don't know if it is USER error or not but I can tell you this...
The eBay and Amazon apps from Shopify do a much better job and they are free. BEWARE and know this app is 100% unnecessary.

Codisto LINQ enjoy the $85 you charged me for 3 days of sales. You only created a mess and hurt my customer experience.

March 11, 2019

Thanks for the review and sorry to hear you had problems. But we are very surprised with the content of your review. "Corruption of listings" and "over selling" are anathemas for software like ours.

We couldn't successful provide thousands of Shopify users with Amazon/eBay integration if the problems you described were inherent in the product. That is further supported by the app reviews.

Our strong suspicion is that it was misunderstanding or user error that caused your problems. We wish that you had waited for our support to respond and help you prior to uninstalling.

The three days of sales were not charged, only the $29 monthly fee.

We respect your opinion but firmly believe Codisto is providing crucial functionality for selling on Amazon/eBay not found elsewhere in other solutions. Please see the 'compare us' section on our website for more details.

WatchandClockParts.com

29/03/2019
Again more problems on Amazon. today was a catastrophic failure of Codisto with most of my listings either having no price, wrong price, wrong photo or wrong description, this error seems to have coincided with a new update today . I was told 7 hours ago it was fixed and it wasnt and now i cant get any replies. I now have an Amazon business that has totally wrong data on most of my listings

I am always shocked how fast i must reply to my customers but how slowly shopify app developers reply to questions, i really think that to sell apps on shopify they should guarantee a reply time of atleast 1 or 2 hours , or better still they should have a live chat

works great with ebay but so many problems with listings on Amazon , constant errors that cant really be explained properly.

If it worked on amazon as well as ebay i would give it a 5 and therefore really isnt worth the money they are charging

March 13, 2019

Thank you for your review. Apologies that you have experienced delays in support responses. We do offer live chat when agents are available and generally our support time is very prompt (as evidenced by many positive reviews about the quality and speed of our support). However, we acknowledge that at times, due to volume, responses can be slower than desired. The app has been a huge success and we are actively training new support staff to meet the growing demand. We apologise again and thank you for your patience at times in responding to support queries.

Amazon can sometimes be challenging if Shopify data doesn't match the structure that Amazon require. Codisto already contains many automated elements that solve problems listing on Amazon (unknown by many users). Whilst merchants will still be required to provide and amend data in certain cases, we are continuing to improve the product to automate as many Amazon requirements as possible.

Swimsale.com

That was exhausting. Such high hopes...but last review sums it up perfectly. Hate to leave a bad review; but after a week of wasting so much time back/forth and waiting on support...it was all for nothing.

The worst part that bothered me today; was that in the middle of things not working...support asked me to upgrade to paid; despite the 30 day free trial.

It was constantly having me believe things are fixed and will be fixed...for days on end. I do not recommend using this app.

March 11, 2019

Thank you for your review and apologies for the problems you experienced. Amazon can sometimes be challenging to list on if the data in your Shopify catalog doesn't match the format Amazon is wanting. That said, I agree support could have been clearer on this occasion to avoid you becoming exhausted. We will do our best to ensure support agents are fully clear on how to succinctly help with the Amazon errors you were being presented with.

To be clear on the plan upgrade - you were not being asked to upgrade to paid, only to select a plan during trial which increases the listing allowance during trial that's all. Again, apologies if this wasn't clear.

Masala Pop Store

This app is horrible!! Its soooo slow and the statuses don't make any sense. The guide to the statuses is not in sync with what you see and they are far from specific. There is no clear update/insert/edit settings to manage how to push the changes. Less than 10% of my listings got posted and created a lot of errors, the most annoying one being, it pushes product variants as seperate listings without the variant info, so now if i have a tshirt in 5 sizes, there's 5 listings instead of 1 with size options and the size options isn't even mentioned on the listings, so I guess the shopper is just supposed to guess? This really sucks! I want my money back.

March 12, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review and sorry to hear you had a poor experience. If we may offer some comments that may help:

Amazon do not allow creation of variation listings if the data contained in the variation products inside Shopify is inconsistent e.g. Brand has different values. To fix you need to cleanse the data in Shopify first then relist.

Amazon will return errors if the product data in Shopify isn't sufficient to create listings e.g. missing UPC/EAN data.

We believe the statuses are logical and correctly reflect Amazon sync status. Your report of slowness is surprising to hear about - it's very rare for us to receive this kind of feedback.

Having said all this, it's our job to make you easily understand how to use the product and feel comfortable doing so and unfortunately your experience suggests we failed this time in that regard. We will review our in app messaging, support responses and help articles in order to meet our commitment of constantly improving our communication and product feedback.

Apologies we weren't able to meet your expectations this time.

Brief Jungle

The most complicated thing i have ever come across. Also they are not available 24/7 for support, and when they are it has to be done over emails, or you need to install another software for chat (on their working hours) so trying to figure out how to set it up could take a while. So far it is still not working for me....also from what I have figured out, if your products do not have GTIN, or if you did not register them when you were creating the listing in Shopify, this wont work for you

March 12, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry you found the product to be complicated.

Listing on Amazon/eBay requires a different mindset compared to listing on your own website as they have predefined fields that may not match your existing Shopify data structure. For example, Amazon generally requires GTIN data to create listings (this is not something that is possible to avoid by sellers or 3rd party integrators like us). We have done our best to take something that is very complicated (listing/syncing with Amazon/eBay) and make it very easy. Other reviews left tend to support this. That said, we acknowledge there is always room for improvement and all ideas and feedback is welcome.

We would like to point out that support is provided 24/7 and can be by phone/chat/email. Apologies is phone/chat wasn't available for you at the time - agents would have been busy on other calls/chats hence why email support was offered.

Usofficestore Com

Support is very friendly but will not take any responsibility for any error. All the faults are users. This app is not capable to create proper ASIN, and it is not the fault of this App this is something user is doing mistake to upload the product.

March 13, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We're sorry that you experienced problems with the app. But as mentioned via support, Amazon doesn't allow ASINs to be created if your GTIN (UPC/EAN) data in Shopify isn't in the correct format. For existing listings, Amazon will return the corresponding ASINs from matched GTINs in the Amazon catalog - Codisto does not control the GTIN/ASIN link - that is controlled by Amazon.

Inter Deals

Incorrect inventory quantity on amazon leading to orders i cant fullfil plus it costed around 80$ in ebay insertion fees after i uninstalled it. My opinion it doesnt work properly

March 13, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry you were left with the impression that the app was not working properly. The app only acted on the settings that were user driven.

The problem with your Amazon quantity was that you had set quantity to be 'Fixed=1' as opposed to using your Shopify quantity.

Codisto cannot create eBay listings (and cause related insertion fees where you don't have an eBay store subscription) when the app is not installed. All listings were created during the two occasions when you had the app installed.

Whilst it is rare for us to receive comments like yours, we are always looking to improve our in app messaging and user experience and will take your comments on board when developing improvements to how merchants can view their settings.

Beaumonde Creative

Unable to cancel the app. Causing issues with my Amazon inventory. Does strange things and does not update quantities. Inventory is in tatters now.
Additionally, the developers at the Codisto LINQ accessed our Amazon account after we had finally managed to delete the app so please ensure you Revoke Access on Amazon permissions once after the App is deleted.

March 13, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We're sorry you experienced issues with the app. However, the app can always be cancelled and uninstalled and the problems you were facing with inventory would have been explained if you had contacted us via support prior to uninstalling. As you can see from the other reviews, many businesses rely on Codisto for catalog, price, inventory and order sync with Amazon/eBay all over the world.

Previous 1