Shopify Collabs

Rating (2.9)
Developer
2.9
January 17, 2023

This app seems to have had a lot of problems recently. Currently, my community members are getting an error when trying to sign up: ''We were unable to verify that your request originated from Shopify.'' Shopify instructs the user to reload the page, but this doesn't always work. It seems to be happening more with the safari browser than Chrome. Shopify, please fix this as I'm losing valuable community members!

If this gets fixed I will revise my rating to 4. One star off because I could manually add an influencer would be a better user experience.

Mother Mother
Time spent using app: 6 months
Shopify replied January 26, 2023

Hey there,
Jason here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Shopify Collabs App with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles some of your members are facing. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and see if we can address this concern.
Jason | Shopify

December 12, 2022

If you're thinking about switching your influencer platform because you've heard Shopify Collabs is great, be careful! This used to be a great app with an easy onboarding process (hence all the buzz). But Shopify recently changed the onboarding process, requiring the influencer to sign up for a Shopify account and verify their email before they even land on the brand's application page (and then they need to apply for the brand too!). This has led to a big drop in influencer signups for us, and it seems like the same thing is happening with other brands. We went through a big hassle to switch to Shopify Collabs because it was easier and less complex than Refersion. Now we might need to switch back. What a disappointment.

Lorals
Time spent using app: 4 months
Shopify replied December 13, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback for the app. I'm sending you an email to open the lines of communication and offer further support.

Vance | Shopify

November 14, 2022

1. Older signup process was better, I seem to remember it just had social handles to add?
2. The confirmation emails to applicants need to be able to be customised with a template. The default wording should be editable.
3. There should be an option to contact confirmed applicants, in segments/tiers, or send them newsletters or even contact them individually.

S.P.C.C Official Store
South Africa
Time spent using app: 5 months
Shopify replied November 15, 2022

Hello,

Ashley here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. We're going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication so that I can pass your suggestions along to our developers.

Ashley | Shopify

November 12, 2022

I am surprised that this app does not support the native Shopify multi-language feature. I have French and English on the same store and the Shopify Collabs is only showing English. Tried using translation app in Shopify to translate but it seems incompatible because the shopify collabs run within its own iframe.

IREN Shizen
France
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Shopify replied November 15, 2022

Hello,

Ashley here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. We're going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see if we can address some of the issues you were having with the app.

Ashley | Shopify

October 30, 2022

I don't recommend this app at all. The sign up process for applicants is too complicated. They are required to create a Shopify account just to apply. On top of that, they are required to link up a social media account (not just provide their handle, but actually give permission to Shopify to connect to their personal accounts) BEFORE even being accepted. My applicant can't even finish the process because of error messages. When I reached out to support, all they told me was to have her clear her cache which did nothing to help, she tried multiple devices. I'm uninstalling.

Topaz & Pearl
Time spent using app: 3 days
Shopify replied October 31, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for leaving a review of our app. My name is William with the marketplaces team and I wanted to help address some of your concerns. Creating a Shopify account actually adds to the security of both merchant and creator information as this app does track the commission a creator earns and allows them to work with multiple creators simultaneously. I can reach out to you to discuss further if you'd like to try and resolve the underlying issues. Please watch for my email.

October 25, 2022

HI, Multiple ambassadors are trying to sign up but are getting following error messag: ''We were unable to verify that your request orginated from Shopify.'' They have cleared cache and also reload the page.
Could you please advise?

NO FACE NO CASE CLOTHING
Netherlands
Time spent using app: About 3 hours
October 17, 2022

Overall, the application is great and has great potential. PROBLEM: Like everything else lately, they create the flow with the Shopify brand throughout, so it's not your own brand solution. This makes every vendor look like a shop and not a brand.
It's a shame that shopify is using our business to promote theirs while getting paid by us. Even to get an account as an influencer you have to register in shopify platform.

DICCI
Portugal
Time spent using app: About 5 hours
Shopify replied October 19, 2022

Hi there,

Thank you for trying out Shopify Collabs and leaving a review for us. We're always looking for ways to make our app the number one choice for both creators and merchants to collaborate with each other. I'll reach out to you to get specific feedback that I can pass on to our development team.

September 28, 2022

Very unhappy, especially as a ShopifyPlus customer! This is not like GRIN or UPFLUENCE. The system is almost impossible for influencers to work with you. The sign in process is confusing, the gift section is confusing. The influencers have to go through so many steps and technical issues; they practically don't have time to concentrate on your products. This needs a TON of work. ShopifyPlus should actually find out how to run an influencer program before launching an App like this. I wish I didn't dig into it until it had been out for longer. Hoping for a much better experience in the future whenever this gets completely redone. Terrible.

H2BAR
Time spent using app: 21 days
Shopify replied September 30, 2022

Hello,

Jackie here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. We're going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see if we can address some of the issues you were having with the app.
Jackie | Shopify

September 27, 2022

I have multiple influencers trying to sign up as an ambassador but they are just getting the error message "We are unable to verify that your request originated from Shopify". Now when I test myself to try out you are required to create a Shopify account just to signup as an ambassador? What is this Shopify???

Notionified
Sweden
Time spent using app: 2 months
Shopify replied September 28, 2022

Hi there,

I'm William from Shopify support. I understand that this experience is new however it is part of our efforts to ensure that merchant and creator data is protected in our authentication system. I'll reach out to you via email to discuss the specifics and work out any problems that you have with any of your ambassadors.

September 26, 2022

Our team was SO EXCITED for Shopify to further build out Dovetale's platform. Unfortunately, whenever the integration happened it disallowed us from modifying or creating new tiers. It also is evidently glitchy on adding collaborators. We've yet to figure out either. When I submitted questions to the dev team to help enable the app, we received lackluster explanations. Just frustrating. So much potential. Looks like we will need to go another route.

tryFloral.com