Shopify Collabs , 172 reviews

2.3
September 26, 2022

I couldn't even get past the first stage of set-up before it crashed and told me info had been sent to admin. Why did it crash? Who knows. I didn't even do anything that would warrant making an error since it was only the first stage of installation. But no help forthcoming. I'm sad as there has been lots of hype, and it is a needed app, but if you can't even install it, what's the point?

Everything Bees
About 1 year using the app
Shopify replied September 26, 2022

Hello,

Jackie here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. We're going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see if we can address some of the issues you were having with the app.
Jackie | Shopify

September 17, 2022

For a feature as highly touted as this has been you would think that Shopify would have taken the time to get it right. The entire app is riddled with bugs and pain points. The entire experience needs to be vetted and troubleshot. I don't need to go into detail because so many of the issues have been called out in other critical reviews. I'm just here to encourage Shopify to allocate the resources to get this back on track. Moderator - please escalate this to the decision makers. And decision makers - please get on top of this asap as the holiday sales season is soon approaching.

Polarheads.com
About 1 year using the app
Shopify replied September 20, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience with Shopify Collabs. We definitely want to make sure that your feedback is heard, as this helps make the app experience better for everyone. I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication, gather feedback and help where I can.

- Nate | Shopify

September 16, 2022

I was excited about this app because most of my marketing is through influencers and I am an influencer myself. The first sign of trouble was when one of my top referrers pointed out a sale that came via his referral link and was not registered as a referral. The final straw was when another referrer showed me how his referral link was coming up with a 404 page not found error. I've had to let all my referrers know that I'm shutting down the program for technical reasons. I hope Shopify can sort out the bugs and turn this into an awesome collab system, but in its current state I will not be using this app.

Kewlus
6 months using the app
Shopify replied September 20, 2022

Hi there,
Vance here with Shopify - thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with the app. I've sent you an email to offer you further support.
Vance | Shopify Support

September 13, 2022

LOVED Dovetale, and was excited about the buyout, but unfortunately Shopify Collabs is a far cry from what Dovetale used to be. Our affiliate codes won't work, and it's hindering our user experience.

Go Rings
Over 1 year using the app
Shopify replied September 15, 2022

Hi there,

Thomas here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for the Shopify Collabs app. I've sent you an email to connect and offer further support to work through any issues you're facing.

September 8, 2022

Not what I was expecting. As someone who struggles to find influencers I thought this would be a platform where I could easily offer a collab but the discover tab seems useless? I can't send these influencers an active offer really unless I DM I thought it would be like the middle man type of app.

Brinisity
6 months using the app
Shopify replied September 11, 2022

Hi there,

William here from Shopify support, I'd love to open a dialogue with you about what you need to make this app just right for you. Collabs has launched recently and we're happy to look to where merchants like yourself would like it to go. Please look out for my email so we can discuss.

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist
Shopify

September 7, 2022

I read a lot of reviews before trying this app out and thought maybe some may have been a little harsh. I gave it a try but am already annoyed that I can't edit various things after set up. For example I added the widget on my page to see how it would look, I don't like it but now there is no option to remove it. The app doesn't work as suggested and after fiddling about with a few sections it won't work as advertised. Therefore, I haven't invited anyone to join and won't be. I would like to delete the app but also no option to do this so unless they respond to my email asking for it to be deleted I am going to have to look through the code and hopefully delete all the correct elements to remove this completely from my store. I wish I had not tried it and took on board fully the other bad reviews.

Cottage Fresh Scents
21 days using the app
September 2, 2022

App is useless. Can't set up commissions, can't add/modify tiers, can't pay influencers and can't get a response for trouble tickets. The Dovetale intergration was easy to use, manage and set up. The switch the Shopify Collabs has been terrible.

SSV Custom Transfers
4 months using the app
Shopify replied September 6, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for the app. I've sent you an email to connect and offer further support to work through any issues you're facing!

Vance | Shopify

August 30, 2022

Excited for what this app promises but Instagram account won't connect and PayPal payments to creators doesn't work. Still waiting for my ticket to be answered.

GEO
5 days using the app
Shopify replied August 31, 2022

Vance | Shopify

August 17, 2022

Can't seem to delete the app. Also can't remove the on-site popup that it creates during setup. It's a 1-way street !

Gifts Finder
14 days using the app
Shopify replied August 19, 2022

Hi there,

Thomas here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use the Shopify Collabs app on your store and leave a review. This feedback is so valuable to us - it lets us know how we can improve with each future iteration of our app. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication so I can ensure that your feedback is put on the desk of our developers!

August 16, 2022

I currently use another Affiliate Application for my shopify store, but was eager to switch to this app once I saw that it would be included in my shopify subscription. However I haven't switched over as my current affiliates don't always want to sign up using their social media accounts as they prefer to sign up via email. I wish there was a feature at would allow me to email out an invite or to manually add an affiliate. For this reason alone I'm sticking with my current app even though it costs me additional fees every month. Close but not quite Shopify.

Snufflebean Yarn
5 months using the app
Shopify replied August 19, 2022

Hi there,

Thomas here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. This feedback is so valuable to us - it lets us know how we can improve with each future iteration of our app. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication so I can ensure that your feedback is put on the desk of our developers!