Connected Inventory

Connected Inventory

by InsCoder Limited

Sync inventory quantity across product, variant and bundle

Wandering Wild

I used this app to help me connect my inventory for multiple variants for single products. However I can not get it to accurately update my inventory

February 15, 2020

Hello, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We have sent you an email as we want to help to diagnose and to confirm whether the setup is done correctly. Look forward to hear your response.

Blue Bear Aware

This app is definitely a step in the right direction for a bundle capability that seems to be currently missing in Shopify. We may continue to use with smaller inventory items for now but f it proves to be more work than benefit, we will remove it again and resort to manual inventory syncing until Shopify has a better solution in place. An example of a scenario where Connected Inventory did NOT work for us is below. In those examples, each of the cases in the group were also reduced by 1 each time a purchase was made even if the case selected was a different color. Connected Inventory simply reduces items within the group by 1 with each purchase, regardless of which combination.

****

Each case gets a belt automtically. It's just up to the customer to select which belt size they want. We do not limit the belts to specific cases. I actually have as many as 10 different style cases that all can use the the same belt size. I do need all cases tied to the same belt size because once there is a small number of belts left, each case becomes limited by the number of cases. If I get more technical - It's almost like the belts are the parent and the cases are children. The children control their own inventory until they are limited by parent number.

Let me try several different scenarios
Inventory
15 Small Belts
1 Gold Case
5 Blue Cases

Person A buys 1 Gold Case with 1 Small Belt.
14 Small Belts
5 Blue Cases

Person B buys just a belt because they need a different size.
13 Small Belts
5 Blue Cases

Person C is a club with 10 girls and they want all the Purple Cases so they buy all 10 but they choose 9 Small Belts and 1 Medium Belt. (I would also set up a group for Medium Belts & Cases.)
4 Small Belts