Crowd Control Pledge Manager

Crowd Control Pledge Manager

by Crowd Control

Survey backers, manage pledges, and ship rewards

PARTNERS

This was an awesome resource to use as my pledge manager for my kickstarter campaign for a handful of reasons:
1. Very reasonable price
2. Great customer support
3. I got to direct traffic to my website instead of a third party website
4. Visually pleasing
5. Intuitive interface with easy instructions

Highly recommend.

Tshotsh

The App is quite good, Works well.

We have around 20% of lost emails so made some manual work for sending the links to our backers.

and thanks Jason for taking the time to add a little feature, that's amazing!

Kickstarter Survey: T2 Iso-Trainer

We looked at several companies to manage our Kickstarter backers. Crowd Control's low cost was the deciding factor but the great customer service and guidance we experienced was top notch. We would definitely use them again!

Dirt Cheap Dungeons

We used Crowd Control as a pledge manager for two of our Kickstarters and would definitely recommend them. We started using them before they were in the app store and they have improved a great deal since then. It says a lot about the company, that they are willing to accept feedback and grow. During our second Kickstarter's pledge manager we literally had zero issues, you really can't go wrong with this app.

Having all of our orders go into Shopify was such a great benefit. It saved our company a ton of time not having to input all of that information ourselves.

The pricing for this app is wonderful as well. There are a lot of pledge manager options out there and most of them want to take a chunk out of your total Kickstarter money, which I am personally never ok with. If someone didn't help with the many hours it takes to host a Kickstarter they don't need to be getting a portion of it. Crowd Control only charges a small amount per backer and a percentage of what they upsell. That is fine by me, because they are directly involved in upselling more products & managing backers, and the service is worth it.

Some tips for using Shopify and the Crowd Control pledge manager:

Make sure to deactivate Amazon Pay while the pledge manager is active. You are not allowed to accept money on most pre-orders with Amazon and they will be unhappy if you do. They see Kickstarter items as pre-orders just to clarify, since you don't get the product right away.

If you already have an active Shopify store, make sure to use a tagging app to auto tag orders, and separate the Kickstarter orders from your regular store orders. This will help figure out what you need to ship right away as opposed to when you fulfill.

All of the great features, combined with tech support, and good customer service make this app work so well. I mean it, if you use Shopify or want to use it and launch a successful Kickstarter, definitely use Crowd Control. They will accomplish the job well and save you money in the process.

Paperlike

The biggest appeal with Crowd Control was the ability to use the existing operations for our well-established store to deliver rewards to our 9700+ backers. The easy add-on sales are a nice plus (almost 10% bought add-ons) but I think the best part is the long-term value that we gained. Requiring backers to visit our website and become part of our customer management and marketing strategies is invaluable. I wish this app had been around for my first Kickstarter project.

Draft Top

Crowd Control was great. The team is super helpful if you have any questions. This was a no brainer for us because there are always stragglers to fill out the KS surveys. My campaign from 2015 is still has outstanding surveys. For my latest campaign this was fantastic because it takes the leg work out of getting surveys to late backers. Plus it allows us to easily track returns and replacements directly through our shopify store.

Topo Game Studio

I really enjoyed using Crowd Control for my Kickstarter back in 2018 and I know it has only gotten better since then.

Going straight from Kickstarter to Shopify was super valuable when I was managing and full-filling orders 9 months after the Kickstarter was complete. I could place new orders, sell them directly through Shopify POS, and manage all original backers all in one place. So that every order regardless of platform or time were routed through the same system and automatically sent to the distributor for shipping. Way better than managing my backer list, a backer survey, and another e-comm platform and trying to make sure there were no loose ends. Highly recommend!

Declan

Crowd Control is exactly what I've always wanted for our Kickstarter campaigns. Sending backers to our store to simplify reward delivery and grow our business just makes sense.

mannkitchen

If you have a shopify store and a successful kickstarter, Crowd Control is a no-brainer. I'd estimate that this app saved me weeks of labor while adding thousands of dollars of value to the campaign. Support was responsive and knowledgeable. App has built in answers to questions about Kickstarter fulfillment that I wasn't knowledgeable enough to even ask yet. Will use again.

Skill Board LLC

I used crowd control for my latest Kickstarter and am very happy that I did. We generated nearly 40k in extra revenue on a 260k kickstarter and so far we've had no issues with any backers. The user interface is intuitive and it allows a lot of flexibility for the unique pledges that always occur when doing crowdfunding campaigns. It's easy to create upsell friendly checkouts and it's so nice to have all of your orders on shopify so you can fulfill from there versus another platform. Highly recommend!

Previous 1