Crush.pics ‑ Image Optimizer

Crush.pics ‑ Image Optimizer

by Space Squirrel Ltd.

SEO & Image Optimizer + Compression + Site Speed Optimizer

The Italian Knife Maker

Terrible...ran the compress and rename routines...it showed magnificent results in control panel. Then checked...the alt tags werent hahaged, file names not changed, and no compression when I looked at the actual files.. Will be removing this...

May 17, 2019

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced problems with our app. After our support team contacted you, we determined that you were having problems with compressing images stored in Shopify's Files (Shopify Admin » Settings » Files) section.

Unfortunately, Shopify doesn't allow third party apps access to these files so we, or any other app, are unable to compress them. However, Crush.pics does provide a Manual Upload feature that allows you to compress images before adding them to the Files section.

We have issued you a full refund and are sorry that Crush.pics didn't work out for you.

If you would like to learn more about how we can help you compress these images please email us at support@spacesquirrel.co

Lolsocks

That doesen't make sense at all but after using this app I tested again the speed of my website on www.gtmetrix.com and the score was lower. How is it possibile if I compressed the pictures? It switched from B89% of speed score to B81% and from C74% of slow score to D62%
So this app basically and magically made the performance of my website worse instead of better

Hi there,

We're really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our app. Sites like GTMetrix are a good analysis tool to get ideas for optimizing your site, but they has a few flaws such as (1) the scoring system doesn’t correlate to actual speed, (2) Sometimes you can make your site faster with these optimizations and the score will drops, and (3) if you have 3rd party apps (every Shopify site) you’ll get warnings that can’t or shouldn’t be cleared.

So while these can be great guidelines, the scores on these sites don't actually equal speed increases and speed increases don't guarantee a better score.

We'd be happy to explain it in more detail or answer more questions so feel free to reach out to use at support@spacesquirrel.co

Marytea

it did 1 product pic (the main one) but not the additional ones. Not at all intuitive and confusing to use.

Hi there,

We're really sorry that you had a poor experience with our app. One thing we work really hard on is improving the user experience and we've recently introduced an all new dashboard that is much easier to navigate. We also have Getting Started Guides and other resources that can help you use and navigate our app.

We would love to help you use our app and if you have questions, please reach out at support@spacesquirrel.co and we'd be happy to help.

Fearless Eyes Mexico

im trying the free version and it is not possible to select only the ones you want to crush in batch, so you have to click on details and then crush one by one. which its really bad. There isn't like a selecting process one by one so you can crush batch.

Hi there,

We're really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our app! Our free plan is intended as a trial of our app so you can try compressing some images manually to see if you like the compression or not. We keep it manual so that images are not accidentally compressed and you use all your quota by mistake.

If there's anything we can do to help, send us a message at support@spacesquirrel.co - We look forward to hearing from you!

Toddle Tunes

Made me upgrade, then I didn't use all of my quota.

NOT happy.

- Lisa
toddletunes.com

Hi Lisa,

We're sorry that you didn't have a good experience with our app! We certainly don't want anyone to feel forced to upgrade and offer the free plan if users only need to compress a few images. We have to pay for each image compressed so that's why higher quotas and features are reserved for the paid plans.

We have all sorts of guides and help articles that may help and our support team is always happy to answer any questions you might have. You can reach us anytime at support@spacesquirrel.co

Mywatch Ma

This a really bad application not convenient at all and not giving a good result. I tried to run it several times but it does not offer good results. I still have many pictures with bad dimensions. The support team does not reply at all and are not available for any help. I do not recommend it at all. I would like to get refunded and please stop my subscription. Crush Pics is a Low quality shopify application.

Hi there,

We're really sorry to hear that you didn't get the results you expected with our app. We are continuously upgrading the app and we've added more compression methods and improved existing ones. If one doesn't work, there's a very high chance another method will be exactly what you need.

It's also worth mentioning that we do not resize image resolution/pixels/dimensions. Our app is designed to compress file sizes in terms of kilobytes or megabytes and not to resize image dimensions.

If there's anything we can do to help, you can reach us anytime at support@spacesquirrel.co.

Grab And Go Central

Yeah, it made my site slower. I condensed the images thinking it was going to speed up my site a bit, but that didn't happen

Hi there,

We're sorry that you didn't enjoy our app! Our app is designed with a few fail-safes and one is that your images will never be updated to be larger than it used to be. This is to ensure that even if compression doesn't save much on an image, it will at least stay the same as it was before.

Site speed tests vary day-to-day based on a lot of different factors, so it's possible that you encountered this. Regardless, if you have any questions or concerns, you can always email us directly at support@spacesquirrel.co

2 Next