Image Optimizer + Compression

Image Optimizer + Compression

by Space Squirrel Ltd.

Crush.pics - SEO Image Optimizer + Image Compression

BmaxStore

Great App. I use this app for first time and had a significant improvement on loading speed for my website. I recommend it.

Handmade Haven

App did not work. for me at all. When I attempted to compress my photos it would keep saying retry and would never compress the images. I tried the automatic compression and it still wouldn't work. Waist of time and money. Also, it will only compress product images, not blog post images.

Queue Jumper

I've used this app on my store theqjumpers.co.uk , after compressing the images, all the images on the website appeared super blurry. I've restored the original images and deleted the app, yet the images still appear super blurry!

January 23, 2020

We're sorry to hear that you've had this trouble with your site but this was definitely not a problem with Crush.pics. On your homepage, you had images being shown at 50x50px and our app cannot change the physical dimension of an image. We've tried to contact you on two email threads multiple times but have not heard back from you. Something had been changed in your theme and your template was rendering the wrong image sizes. This has nothing to do with Crush.pics as our app doesn't change any template files.
We're happy to answer more questions and you can contact us anytime at support@spacesquirrel.co

Tokoro Cases

It actually made my load time worse!! From 4.8s to 8.8s! Would not recommend using this app for your store

November 7, 2019

Hi there,

We're really sorry that you had trouble with your site loading speed. Our entire business is speeding websites up, so we naturally take this type of matter very seriously.

Immediately after hearing of your site speed degradation, we conducted a thorough investigation of your site. On Pingdom Website Speed Test, we saw a load time of 1.5 seconds and the longest loading elements were not images but rather other apps you had installed. https://tools.pingdom.com/#5b4c5269b0800000.

It appeared that Crush.pics did exactly what it was supposed to (reduced overall image file size) and your speeds are now well faster than average from what we can see.

After bringing these findings to your attention; you confirmed, agreed and promised to revise your review accordingly. Sadly (after numerous attempts to contact you) we haven’t heard anything since then.

We appreciate it can be a complicated process troubleshooting the root cause of problems like this, and we do hope everything is still running smoothly with your site. If you have any further questions, or if we can help you in any way, don’t hesitate to re-establish contact with us.

Katina's

Did not work well, images became very pixelated. We deleted app immediatedly. Can not recommend this at all.

July 23, 2019

Hi there,

We're really sorry that you had trouble with our app. We were able to get your images onto a lower compression method which solved your image quality issue. However, we sent you 4 follow up emails and never heard back from you.

We would love to make sure you got what you needed out of the app or if you need something else, please email us at support@spacesquirrel.co

mobile-boutique.com

Wow! Took days to "compress" and didn't do a thing. I thought maybe there was some issue, so I wrote support. They are nothing but smoke and mirrors and why their product doesn't work with a bunch of BS that if I wasn't in SEO, I would probably have fallen for. Beware! They try to sell other people's services that I would really run from, based on how snake-like their Customer Service was. I understand site speed and I know my tools. I am working on all aspects of the site's speed and can certainly tell when the images are fixed. I know there are parts that I cannot control and don't need to be told that, when asking why the images are not compressed.

Hi there,

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced problems with our app. We value this type of feedback and take it very seriously.

After thoroughly investigating the problem, we found that the cause was related to incorrect image dimensions in the templates of your theme. We have advised you via email that this can be easily corrected by changing a liquid tag in your templates but have yet to hear back.

We also checked your Shopify store with the Google PageSpeed Tool and confirmed that all your images are compressed as expected.

We take pride in providing efficient and friendly customer service. We are sorry that you didn’t give us the opportunity to help you further by email.

If you'd like to pick up the conversation you can always reach us through our support email, support@spacesquirrel.co

Lunar Apparel

Firstly, I used the recommended options- this DID cut the overall size down by 63%... BUT some images just appeared as lines, some of the images were too blurry to make out, etc.

So we restored the images- this got stuck for 12~ hours until support decided to contact me back and fix the issue... Doesn't help that we're not down on half a day of sales.

The worst part? I've paid 9.99 to use a third of my 2GB allowance, just to lose half a day of sales and have my images ruined.

Hi there,

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced problems with our app. After your feedback our support team contacted you via e-mail and arranged a full refund.

Again, we're sorry that Crush.pics didn't work out for you. If you have any questions or if we can help in any way, let us know at support@spacesquirrel.co

Boujeecat

Changing the template they try to charge me again for the same pics, reaching out to support to ask for my money back they wont even give me the time. Waste of money.

Hi there,

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced problems with our app. Our support team contacted you multiple times via e-mail to diagnose the problem and offer you a refund, but sadly we never heard back from you.

We take pride in providing efficient and friendly customer service. We are sorry that you didn’t give us the opportunity to help you.

The Italian Knife Maker

Terrible...ran the compress and rename routines...it showed magnificent results in control panel. Then checked...the alt tags werent hahaged, file names not changed, and no compression when I looked at the actual files.. Will be removing this...

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced problems with our app. After our support team contacted you, we determined that you were having problems with compressing images stored in Shopify's Files (Shopify Admin » Settings » Files) section.

Unfortunately, Shopify doesn't allow third party apps access to these files so we, or any other app, are unable to compress them. However, Crush.pics does provide a Manual Upload feature that allows you to compress images before adding them to the Files section.

We have issued you a full refund and are sorry that Crush.pics didn't work out for you.

If you would like to learn more about how we can help you compress these images please email us at support@spacesquirrel.co

Lolsocks

That doesen't make sense at all but after using this app I tested again the speed of my website on www.gtmetrix.com and the score was lower. How is it possibile if I compressed the pictures? It switched from B89% of speed score to B81% and from C74% of slow score to D62%
So this app basically and magically made the performance of my website worse instead of better

July 23, 2019

Hi there,

We're really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our app. Sites like GTMetrix are a good analysis tool to get ideas for optimizing your site, but they has a few flaws such as (1) the scoring system doesn’t correlate to actual speed, (2) Sometimes you can make your site faster with these optimizations and the score will drops, and (3) if you have 3rd party apps (every Shopify site) you’ll get warnings that can’t or shouldn’t be cleared.

So while these can be great guidelines, the scores on these sites don't actually equal speed increases and speed increases don't guarantee a better score.

We'd be happy to explain it in more detail or answer more questions so feel free to reach out to use at support@spacesquirrel.co

Previous 1