Create a custom status.
Assign Statuses to Orders
Notify Customers about the changed statuses
About Custom Order Status
Customise your Order fulfilment workflow
With Custom Order Status App you can create and manage custom order statuses. These statuses can then be assigned to your orders. For example if the order is out for delivery, you can set "Shipped" status. The app also allows you to send custom emails based on the custom statuses.
- Easy installation and setup.
- Create unlimited order statuses.
- Add icons and colours to custom statuses for easy recognition and usage.
- Set status against an Order.
- Set custom statuses against multiple Orders together.
- Create a fallback status, so that when a status is deleted another custom status gets auto assigned.
- Set due date
- Set custom notes for each status change
- View history of the status changes that has happened for an order.
Note: Upon installation, the app will sync your Shopify store's last 250 orders or orders received in the last 60 days, whichever is applicable. All orders placed after the app is installed will be synced in real-time.
Pricing 7-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Installed it fine but the app stopped responding after 15 minutes and can't connect to the developer's server.
This is the second custom order status app I've tried in the last hour that has fallen flat on its face due to issues with the developer's servers.
Someone seriously needs to code something that is more reliable than this.
This app looks very promising, however, it is day 2 after install and Orders will still not load into the app. And, we have not received a response on our question we sent to support shortly after the install. Anybody there?
I'd love to give this app rave reviews if it works.
Only allows the last 50 orders to be found, so it's useless as of now and I cannot recommend it to other store owners until this is fixed.
Hi there, we have recently fixed this issue and now we are syncing the last 250 orders or the last 60 days orders (which ever is applicable) as per the available Shopify limit.