CustomCat ‑ Print on Demand

CustomCat ‑ Print on Demand

by Bespoke Technologies

Custom Print On Demand & Dropshipping. 550+ Unique Products

KAAPO Exchange

CustomCat products are a hit or miss. We had to drop another product because their print quality was horrible. We received a picture of a embroidered hat from a customer today that looked like someone just learned how to use the machine. We are a startup company and this isn't a good first impression to have, especially after the customer has been waiting two weeks for it to arrive. Do they not have someone QC the products before they are shipped?

January 17, 2020

Hey! I just want to say your store looks great! You have a ton of great designs that are conducive to embroidery, but the order I feel like you are referring to is a bit too complex to yield results you might want. It have 5 lines of text and a big circle. It is very difficult to allow that to fit within a 2.4 in. width....I am confident we can work with you, but would also love to go over this order with you in more details. You can reach me at brett@customcat.com I look forward to hearing from you :)

Remnt AE

CustomCat has quality dtg prints that looked great, something I would sell. The prints were a lot better than Printful's, but there delivery took 2-3 weeks to arrive. Printful's took 7 days, but the quality was poor and I would not sell what Printful sent me.

In summary: Good dtg prints, really slow fulfillment.

October 7, 2019

Thank you, for the nice compliment on our DTG printing. My name is Mike Blotkamp and I reviewed your order history. The reason this order took longer than our current 1.9 business day average can be attributed to the size of the order but more importantly, one of the shirts in your 1st order did not pass our stringent QC stations so we ordered a new blank shirt and reprinted before shipping. We think its better to wait a few extra days compared to sending an item we dont feel is up to yours or our standards so we paid to remake one of the shirts before it ships. Had that shirt passed QC, your order would have shipped in less than 3 business days because all the other shirts pieces in your order were ready to ship when one did not pass QC. Our stated lead time is 2-3 business days but 90% of our orders do ship in less than 3 days. I just checked todays production report and over 4,000 orders shipped today with less than one business day in production!!! Pretty sweet indeed. I'm confident if you place 9 more orders, even with the 1st order taking longer than usual, your average lead time with CC will be 2-3 business days or less once you have at least 10 orders orders under your belt and can accurately draw a fair conclusion for average lead time. We also invested $18mm in 2019 into new equipment and built a 125,000 square foot addition for the busy holiday season. Even during the weeks leading up to Dec 25th, you should expect production will average less than 3 business days! Stick around and hopefully you can update the 2 star review after a few more orders to see our average lead time. Thanks, for choosing CustomCat!

Battleship Beanery Coffee

I signed up with Custom Cat because of the reviews. Now I am beginning to regret it. 1st I ordered shirts for myself just to check out quality. I received 3 shirts, 1 of which should have NEVER passed quality control. The printing was TERRIBLE and looked like the printer was running out of ink. I sent multiple emails, newer received a reply, replacement or refund. I just ordered 2 more shirts which according to the app my store cost should have been $16 each, but I was charged a total of $42. Even with the additional shipping cost, my cost should not have been over $38. Prior to this, I have had orders rejected because the item was no longer in stock, but I was never notified and had to issue refunds. On another order for embroidery, I had to refund a cap, because my artwork could not be used for the logo, although I have used the same artwork for local embroidery. Not sure why there is a 4.5-star rating if Custom Cat is doing business like this. If you are using them for your store, you better double-check what you are being charged on your orders and definitely need to place a couple quality control orders to inspect what you are selling. Battleship Beanery

October 3, 2019

When designing shirts with a front & back print, there is a $5 added cost for the second location print. We found no record of any inquiry from the May order you referenced for the shirt you felt was not up to quality. We stand behind our service 100% and have an amazing track record for replacing any irregularity. Can you please email me direct at mikeb@customcat.com so we can address the shirt you are referencing? I'm sorry but there is just no way we could embroider the logo as submitted in the order we had to refund. When we chat, I'll be happy to explain why and walk you through our POD embroidery guidelines. We can also be reached by phone at 844 874 8623. Thanks!

Kobra Athletics

You know, I used to like this app.

The profit margins were absolutely solid, it offered up to overnight shipping, everything was all good, right?

From the time I started with them, to now, the amount of customer complaints has increased significantly. Customers would be getting products that were NOWHERE close to what they ordered, completely different designs, customer orders a small sweatshirt, they get a 4XL T-Shirt with a completely different design.

I hold a very high standard to my brand. CustomCat unfortunately no longer holds up to that standard.

CustomCat offers up to 1 day shipping... Given that they actually deliver great results. Which is probably 70% of the time. I can't accept that.

If your only concerns is profit margin and the latest and greatest features, CustomCat is awesome for you. If you have a brand however, I would be weary.

I wish they would've kept the standards as they used to do. Too bad. I'm uninstalling.

That Merch Store

UPDATE: Only getting worse = Handling times have become excessive, with no explanation. Orders have taken Over 21 days and counting in fulfillment, won't allow cancellation of these orders, even though they are well overdue, but will tell you it's your responsibility, as you didn't pause the order before it started processing. Catch 22, The orders start fulfillment within a couple of hours of you ordering, so after that, there is no way to cancel, change or amend an order.

After discussing with other CC long term users via social groups, I have found i Am not the only one with these issues, a number of users are seeing a decline in quality of service offered by them. Customer service is much less active, not all you messages will get a reply and no very accommodating when it comes to problems.

Custom Cat used to be a great POD company, however recently they have been ignoring users issues. You can no longer receive returns if an item isn't delivered. You can't cancel orders, or when you try, they are still sent out and you will be charged. Address changes have now been limited to the original country.

-------------------------
I have been using CC for almost 3 years and was happy until now. Since they have been making these changes (Late 2018), i have had to eat up over $200 in charges for items i cancelled, but were re processed and sent out. and now another order which i tried to change the address on, within a few hours, but got an email back saying they cant change the address so the items will be sent anyway. (Not very helpful) and the items will now be posted to no where, for me to pay another $45 to do so. (I gave an alternate address, but told they won't change it.)

Very unfortunate as they were doing so well. Just make sure you know their new policies, as you may find your cashflow, and profits being eaten up by order errors like these.

On the good side, they do produce good quality items and have a good selection of products to choose from, just a shame about the their recent customer service and lack of help on these issues.

The Vault

Customization is extremely limited. Prices are okay for Canadians but I would prefer more customization and better mockups.

My Jazz Wear

I decided to start with Customcat being that I felt they had the product availability that fit my vision best. Like the last 2 reviews it hasn't been the best experience. I've got 2 orders I processed as a test that have been waiting to be fulfilled for 5 days now. To be fair I processed these the day after Thanksgiving so I'm really hoping the delay is due to holiday processing and not a regular thing.

What is disappointing however is the service. I've been trying to reach these guys via the contact phone number which constantly rings then goes silent/hang up. No answer No voicemail. I went the email route for help and did get a response within 48 hours which was nice to see however the response did not address my specific question regarding the order sitting in pending status. The fulfillment instructions have been followed so I'm still unclear as to whether my order is in limbo and requires a fix on my end or if there is an issue on theirs.

This really shakes my confidence in these guys if I have an issue that arises with a customer. I'm not ready to trash the app just yet because I've yet to find a POD app that rivals their products for what I want to do, but thought I'd add my experience thus far as a new user that I wish I had set up a test with just one product before taking the time to build out the majority of my store using their SKUs. Lesson learned.

Lattes and Mamma T's Boutique

I hate writing reviews. but I must. I just ordered 3 hoodies as test samples for my children. I didn't like the way the designs were printed. It looks fuzzy. Too bad because I was excited to use a company from my home town. I'm waiting on another shirt ordered to see how it would turn out. I will be uninstalling the app if this shirt doesn't work out.

Update: I was happy to work with Brett who has agreed to replace on of my sweatshirts and suggested specific products that could better suit my store and printing. I am thrilled with the great customer service and look forward to working with the company to create the best products.

G$T$G W.W

its a good app when it works.i left the app for about two months ,and came back it hasnt worked since.

Wagner International Inc.

good product selection but I wasted lots of hours attempting to resize the logo for the embroidered products and watching their tutorials but to no avail! Also, the logo is not simulated as embroidery and looks crappy on on the website.

Previous 1