Bold Custom Pricing: Wholesale

Bold Custom Pricing: Wholesale

by BOLD

Wholesale Pricing, Member & VIP w/ Quantity Breaks! NEW

Kaffeina Group B2B

We used this app for a number of years on our B2B wholesale site. Combined with Locksmith we had a great B2B secure site. 2 months ago we started having issues with the app, when we asked for support, Bold upgraded us from version 2 to version 3 without asking and without any considerations to the site. By doing this they broke our site and we had to take the site down for several days. We kept escalating to their support team and eventually managed to get a patched site together, After 6 weeks of dealing with them with NO progress or support, we eventually decided to look at other apps. We received the nice sorry cannit help and if you need anything contact us email. We use Bold apps across 4 sites we run and have really noticed a change in the last 12 months in their level of support and continual increases in prices. My recommendations are that you look at alternatives for a long term partner. They are not as "hungry" and supportive as other app providers. I think they have just become too big. Such a shame. Stay safe everyone.

October 9, 2020

Thank you very much for your honest feedback, I am sorry to hear that you have had a less than positive experience so far, our goal is to help you succeed. I have checked in with our support team and can see that they have reached out to learn more - please keep an eye out for email communication from us to help you get the issue resolved!

UK PPE Warehouse - Leading PPE Supplies

We've been waiting for install for over 2 weeks, have chased every two days, have raised support tickets and just been ignored, but we're still charged for the app. Would avoid if their customer service is this bad.

October 6, 2020

I'm so sorry for delay on the installation. Our team has reached out to ensure that the correct app version is being installed based on the features that you are looking for. Our installation team is currently reviewing the ticket and is committed to resolving this as soon as possible.

Neutrog Member Area

We added this app 2 months ago to our site and yet to get it running correctly. Prices would not update /sync between bold and shopify and when they finally fixed that the checkout lines where still displaying native shopify pricing. A change has now been made but now the BOLD app wont even start. Tells me there is an error and I must contact BOLD support. We are urgently needing to get a project going and this is holding it completely back. So frustrating as when you read the description of the app, it should be doing exactly what we require.

Textildruck-Großauflagen

Hello!

The app does not work properly in my shop and the installation team is overwhelmed with their work and has not been able to find a solution until today!

The support is also very, very slow and the work is not checked. There is no good quality management at BOLD.

On September 5th, 2020 I installed the BOLD app for testing and today is September 22nd, 2020 and it still doesn't work and I have been waiting for the last feedback from support for 2 days again! I cannot recommend this app + company!

I now have another app to test and it works very well for me and the support is very helpful and quick with its answers! The app costs more money, but it's worth it to me!

Have a nice day!

Greetings from Germany!

Australian Face Masks Seller

I used bold custom pricing and very disappointed. It does not work at all with automatic install and with manual install have been waiting for 2 business days still nothing.
It was only working on cart and when we open checkout, all the discounts are gone so pretty much makes this app useless.
they dont event reply to email in 48 hours. Better of getting some other product that can provide better support

Ava William

Dumb app messed up my cart page. My cart page use to auto update the quantity increase and decrease after the install it stopped updating automatically plus there's a little widget appears in the cart page that shows the discounts applied. I want it to auto update too. They told me it will require a custom customization which starts from $1000. Which is too expensive. I would suggest to stay away from bold apps. Very expensive service and uncooperative people.

3DPPE

Bold Custom Pricing caused the variants in our dropdowns to behave abnormally. Each time you select a new variant the site becomes progressively slower, and unusable. There are errors in the console log, and the browser would crash. Bold Support first blamed other apps for the issue which caused us a lot of wasted time going back and forth. Finally, they owned the issue after providing details from other app developers. They claim they will fix the issue, but it will take multiple weeks and testing (doubtful). Shame on Bold for not being accountable, and trying to pass the buck. I also want to point out that we requested an uninstall request from Bold, but they sat on the ticket for days without helping. Everyone blames Covid-19 for their lack of support these days, and Bold is no exception. S-H-A-D-Y.

Melanie Newman UK

App screwed up my store pricing, lost customers - tried to contact Customer Service to rectify and still waiting 5 days later - POOR

Siqura

Bold Custom Pricing works from the shop side, but has some significant limitations for true wholesale use. The app only works on the shop side, it does not apply 'wholesale pricing' to draft orders through the admin portal.

It's not uncommon, when working with wholesale customers to need to supply a pro forma invoice etc. for payment or to enter a paper based order manually, which we can do in Shopify using a draft order. Bold Pricing hasn't been integrated into the admin side, so you manually have to apply discounts to make it work. Good if your wholesale customer always puts their orders in using the shop side, but fails if you need to generate a manual order. If you are entering some orders on behalf of customers, this (to the best of my experience and knowledge... happy to be proven wrong) will not work as a good solution to wholesale pricing.

The work around (can't believe they suggested this...) is to create a dummy customer, create an order, get the discounts, go back to a new draft order (still with me..?) manually update the new draft order with the price and process the order.. (really,.. ok).

Customer support is slow to respond (I assume it's ok in US timezones, but outside of this.. hmm). The app will work well for some users, but understand it's limitations.

Get's one star (probably more due to the supports idea on how to work around the problem) rather than fixing it. It's another app that has great intentions but (in my opinion, others will differ) fails to understand how this type of business process flow is likely to operate. Hopefully they consider making this 'added functionality' something in an upcoming product release.

Gifts Connect

Destroyed my entire theme in less than 1 hour. Tried to uninstall the app immediately but couldn't do that too.

Too bad, there isn't any "Urgent Email Support" for customers.

I was pretty sure that I installed the "Bold Quantity Breaks" app but it showed "Bold Custom Pricing- Wholesale" on my Shopify admin app section.

Still, in a features perspective, quantity breaks by website-on-demand is better than bold's app. The pricing is better too. The only reason i decided to try Bold's Quantity Breaks is because of the integration with Zipify OneClickUpsell.