Bold Custom Pricing: Wholesale

Bold Custom Pricing: Wholesale

by BOLD

Wholesale Pricing, Member & VIP with Tiered Discounts! NEW

Siqura

Bold Custom Pricing works from the shop side, but has some significant limitations for true wholesale use. The app only works on the shop side, it does not apply 'wholesale pricing' to draft orders through the admin portal.

It's not uncommon, when working with wholesale customers to need to supply a pro forma invoice etc. for payment or to enter a paper based order manually, which we can do in Shopify using a draft order. Bold Pricing hasn't been integrated into the admin side, so you manually have to apply discounts to make it work. Good if your wholesale customer always puts their orders in using the shop side, but fails if you need to generate a manual order. If you are entering some orders on behalf of customers, this (to the best of my experience and knowledge... happy to be proven wrong) will not work as a good solution to wholesale pricing.

The work around (can't believe they suggested this...) is to create a dummy customer, create an order, get the discounts, go back to a new draft order (still with me..?) manually update the new draft order with the price and process the order.. (really,.. ok).

Customer support is slow to respond (I assume it's ok in US timezones, but outside of this.. hmm). The app will work well for some users, but understand it's limitations.

Get's one star (probably more due to the supports idea on how to work around the problem) rather than fixing it. It's another app that has great intentions but (in my opinion, others will differ) fails to understand how this type of business process flow is likely to operate. Hopefully they consider making this 'added functionality' something in an upcoming product release.

Gifts Connect

Destroyed my entire theme in less than 1 hour. Tried to uninstall the app immediately but couldn't do that too.

Too bad, there isn't any "Urgent Email Support" for customers.

I was pretty sure that I installed the "Bold Quantity Breaks" app but it showed "Bold Custom Pricing- Wholesale" on my Shopify admin app section.

Still, in a features perspective, quantity breaks by website-on-demand is better than bold's app. The pricing is better too. The only reason i decided to try Bold's Quantity Breaks is because of the integration with Zipify OneClickUpsell.

Zadikase

At first all looked as working well. When I noticed an error in the install they make it hard for you to request help. They Keep emailing you redirecting the matter with fixes that aren’t even close to your needs.

EthnicRoom

Worst App. It will mess your entire product structure. It creates duplicate variants for all your products and this remains with shopify and bold team cannot undo this. I have been asked to manually delete these variants.

DONOT install this app.

Chefs' Insider

Horrible customer service. The app wont express install and it required me to open a staff account for their team to install, then i reached out but no feedback at all. I cant get a hold of them.

I will change the comment once i get help.

Goodery

Experts failed to install the app. Twice.

The support was lackluster. Tier I support was completely useless. App was buggy and wouldn't integrate with Streamline, our theme of choice. Had to regenerate subscriptions each time you wanted to change your pricing.

We didn't want to use the wholesale pricing feature, we wanted to have custom prices for Members that we setup with Bold Memberships.

But nope. No such luck.

Our workaround is to create a product that is public-facing, duplicate it, tag it with a special 'Member' tag, create a 'Members-only' collection and show this only to members. Pain in the ass, but it works.

Rue Porter

This app is so crucial with our business - we are doing 6 digit revenue in monthly sales and growing at 300% MoM

Unfortunately, months of months of issues with checkout - the wholesale application is rampant with bugs. Wholesale price randomly does not apply to orders. Our customers will therefore either abandon the cart or we would have to refund them manually. It's very annoying especially as a rapidly growing business that this app cannot do its simple job.

It does NOT work with third-party checkout buttons like Amazon Pay, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.

As another reviewer mention - It does NOT work with Shopify discount codes. SO a lot of times will have to create an order manually just to apply a special discount code/credit that we issued.

Basically, for whatever reason, our customers will order X amount and the pricing will revert back to regular pricing without any wholesale price breaks applied as it should have. Can you imagine, having to tell customers on your IG DM to "please try another browser or redo the order in private browsing and get back to us if it works - if not we will create the order for you manually"

NOT A VERY DEPENDABLE APP AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE AS WE WRITE THIS.

SupplyMe

Before installing this app and wasting your time, make sure you read BOLD's documentation, especially this article: https://support.boldcommerce.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005305726.

There are some significant, deal breaker type limitations with all versions of this app. The most recent version, Version 3 has the following limitations according to the page linked to above, and confirmed by their live chat support:

It does NOT work with Shopify discount codes.

It is NOT compatible with some inventory management apps.

Draft orders remain in your Shopify admin after a customer has checked out.

I wish I had known these things upfront, which is why I'm posting this review so it will hopefully help others before they waste their time if any of those things are deal breakers like they are for me.

ACOPOWER

Liquid installation will smartseo.collection.jsonld.liquid insert \< script type = 'application / json' class = 'bold-product-json'> {{product | json}} script>, Causes the collection to display code

Gear Republic

We are using several Bold apps and none of them are working correctly. The customer service could not be worse of they tried. Their answer for their app not working is to offer custom development, ok no problem ... except we have filled out their custom development form and been emailing them for a week and recieved no response. Bold is everything wrong with the app community, all about numbers no time for helping Customers. I'm floored at how poorly they have handled our Issues. Maybe this will get their attention or more likely they just don't care.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7