Bold Custom Pricing: Wholesale

Bold Custom Pricing: Wholesale

by BOLD

Wholesale Pricing, Member & VIP with Tiered Discounts! NEW

Chefs' Insider

Horrible customer service. The app wont express install and it required me to open a staff account for their team to install, then i reached out but no feedback at all. I cant get a hold of them.

I will change the comment once i get help.

Goodery

Experts failed to install the app. Twice.

The support was lackluster. Tier I support was completely useless. App was buggy and wouldn't integrate with Streamline, our theme of choice. Had to regenerate subscriptions each time you wanted to change your pricing.

We didn't want to use the wholesale pricing feature, we wanted to have custom prices for Members that we setup with Bold Memberships.

But nope. No such luck.

Our workaround is to create a product that is public-facing, duplicate it, tag it with a special 'Member' tag, create a 'Members-only' collection and show this only to members. Pain in the ass, but it works.

Rue Porter

This app is so crucial with our business - we are doing 6 digit revenue in monthly sales and growing at 300% MoM

Unfortunately, months of months of issues with checkout - the wholesale application is rampant with bugs. Wholesale price randomly does not apply to orders. Our customers will therefore either abandon the cart or we would have to refund them manually. It's very annoying especially as a rapidly growing business that this app cannot do its simple job.

It does NOT work with third-party checkout buttons like Amazon Pay, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.

As another reviewer mention - It does NOT work with Shopify discount codes. SO a lot of times will have to create an order manually just to apply a special discount code/credit that we issued.

Basically, for whatever reason, our customers will order X amount and the pricing will revert back to regular pricing without any wholesale price breaks applied as it should have. Can you imagine, having to tell customers on your IG DM to "please try another browser or redo the order in private browsing and get back to us if it works - if not we will create the order for you manually"

NOT A VERY DEPENDABLE APP AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE AS WE WRITE THIS.

SupplyMe

Before installing this app and wasting your time, make sure you read BOLD's documentation, especially this article: https://support.boldcommerce.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005305726.

There are some significant, deal breaker type limitations with all versions of this app. The most recent version, Version 3 has the following limitations according to the page linked to above, and confirmed by their live chat support:

It does NOT work with Shopify discount codes.

It is NOT compatible with some inventory management apps.

Draft orders remain in your Shopify admin after a customer has checked out.

I wish I had known these things upfront, which is why I'm posting this review so it will hopefully help others before they waste their time if any of those things are deal breakers like they are for me.

ACOPOWER

Liquid installation will smartseo.collection.jsonld.liquid insert \< script type = 'application / json' class = 'bold-product-json'> {{product | json}} script>, Causes the collection to display code

Gear Republic

We are using several Bold apps and none of them are working correctly. The customer service could not be worse of they tried. Their answer for their app not working is to offer custom development, ok no problem ... except we have filled out their custom development form and been emailing them for a week and recieved no response. Bold is everything wrong with the app community, all about numbers no time for helping Customers. I'm floored at how poorly they have handled our Issues. Maybe this will get their attention or more likely they just don't care.

SWOLVERINE

This app SUCKS! After this APP was expert installed, it created duplicate variants in all of our Google Shopping Campaigns, showing discounted prices to consumers. After I spoke with customer service, they had NO FIX FOR THIS! Additionally, it created an issue, where customers could not select different variants or flavors of products, and page descriptions would not scroll so that customers could read about the products. Tons of lost revenue. If you have a very ‘simple’ store then I suggest reading the tutorial on how to duplicate your theme and create your own wholesale customer store. Do not download this app.

Stonemaier Games

I was hoping to use this app to sell to select customers (retailers) who had a retailer tag in Shopify. However, after I created a 50% retailer discount in this app, the discount was visible all over our webstore, and if anyone added more than 1 of any item to their cart, they received a 50% discount.

Now, perhaps I simply misunderstood the app. But this is when the bigger issue arose. When I discovered that the app wasn't doing what I thought it would, I deleted the setting I created in the Custom Pricing app. But nothing changed. So I deleted the entire app. STILL nothing changed. The app had made permanent changes in my Shopify theme. I'm lucky to have a designated customer service helper at Bold, but if I didn't, it may have been days before Bold's team could have weeded out the old code (fortunately it only took a few hours).

I had high hopes for this app. While I love and will continue to use other Bold Apps (Upsell, Recurring Memberships, Brain, Bundles, and Store Locator), I would not recommend Custom Pricing given the issues I described.

Serene Vibe

Cody was very helpful. The concerns I had were solved very promptly by Cody. I haven't used the app yet but cody was very helpful. Guri too

Wrong - They forced me to say this and never even helped me in the end.

September 13, 2019

Hi there - thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback.

We're very sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our service! As of this morning, the installation of Custom Pricing has been completed - we're very sorry it took longer than usual. Sometimes, other apps will conflict with our apps' ability to work properly, and it takes some extra time for our support team to make things work properly due to the conflicts.

We're happy to share that the app is up and running on your store now, as Cody has mentioned in an email. Should you prefer to discuss this over the phone, Guri is more than happy to give you a call.

Please let us know what you'd like to do! We'd really like to rectify things with you, and are again very sorry about any trouble this has caused for you.

Osopardo

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

September 3, 2019

Hi there! I took a look at all of your email correspondence with our customer service team. First off, I just wanted to say we are so sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with our app! It looks like there were a lot of roadblocks and changes that needed to be made in order to get it working due to conflicts with other applications on your store, which certainly is a negative experience.

It looks like we last left off on a good note after our Tier 2 support team made some changes to your code in order to allow two conflicting apps to work together.

Would you mind responding to our most recent email with your phone number and a good time to call you so we can sort out any other issues you might have? I just wanted to let you know that *we have somebody who can speak with you in Spanish over the phone*, as I saw that was a barrier in earlier conversations. :-)

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7