Automated your marketing
Group your customers by various segments such as how much they spend, what they buy and more!
Control access to the store
Use customer tags to control access to certain areas of the store
Understand your customers
Use the customer tags for more granular and detailed reporting
About Customer Tagger
What does it do?
Customer tagger allows you to set up rules to automatically tag customers if they meet the criteria set in the rule. Customers can then be grouped or segmented for administrative tasks within Shopify, to display customer based pricing on the front-end of the site or to segment for marketing activities outside of Shopify.
Preset tagging rules
- Tag by product - tagging customers based on the products they buy is best used for subscriptions. You can tag a customer with 'Member' and then provide access to restricted areas of the site to those with the tag.
- Tag by collection - tagging customer based on the collections they buy from allows you to segment customers into groups. For example those who only buy from sale collections are highly likely to respond well and convert to emails about discounted products.
- Tag by spend - Tag customers based on either how much they spend in a particular order or their total lifetime spend. Highlight your most loyal customers and reward them for being big spenders.
- Tag by volume - Tag customers based on the number of times they have purchased something on the site.
- Tag by abandoned cart - Tag customers to attempt to buy something on your store and decide against. Tagging them allows you to highlight the 'hot leads' and aim to bring them back to the store and convert.
- Tag customer accounts - Automatically tag a customer when they open an account on your store. This can be used to reward customers with a discount code for signing up. You can assign a discount code to a group of customers tagged with something specific.
- Tag by discount code - Tag all the customers who use specific discount codes, this can then be used to analyse sales patterns and what customers respond well to sales.
- Tag by email - Tag customers who order from the same organisation, highlight customers who might be buying on behalf of their company by checking their email domain.
- Tag by product tag - Tag customers based on the product tags of the product they buy. For example you might have tagged all your products by size meaning you can quickly identify customers clothing sizes and promote specific SKU's to them in future marketing.
- Tag by POS Location - Tag your customers based on the POS location they order from. This will enable you to group your customers based on the store they prefer to shop at, allowing you to create location based promotions and marketing.
Pricing 7-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 9 reviews
Most recent reviews
Judith & Charles
The capability to tag customers retroactively with past orders is so useful ! Staff is extremely prompt to respond also.
Being able to retroactively tag customers with past orders is valuable beyond words. Saves countless hours, and extremely easy to use. Not to mention the EXTREMELY helpful staff. A hidden gem among Shopify Apps.
Great app that helps with segmentation of customers based on what they have bought, spent etc - very handy indeed.
They also have fantastic customer support!