Lots of new problems I never had:
1) customers complain about paying customs duties. Apparently they weren't charged when I used USPS.
1.5) customers seem to be overcharged for the customs fees. I think this has to do with how the description of the item is being pulled from shipstation. In a few cases, the customer has had to pay as much in customs duties as they paid for the product. Perhaps there is something wrong with what I'm doing. I wish I could figure this out, and I'm trying to. I wish InXpress could make this easier for me.
2) I think InXpress doesn't work so well with shopify and shipstation, there have been some errors there and confusion
3) DHL pickup people don't understand that these packages use paperless customs forms, so they sometimes reject the packages when I try to drop them off.
4) The time it will take to arrive is displayed at checkout. The problem is, it's way too fast, it's not accurate, so it sets wrong expectations, and there's no way to change it.
5) InXpress people send me to DHL customer service, which knows nothing about InXpress, so it's hard to get questions answered.
6) The shipments are SO EXPENSIVE that if something goes wrong, now I've got a lot more money invested in this problem. International shipments tend to have issues anyway, but since they are now 2-3 times more expensive than USPS First Class International (which is lame and super slow, but cheap), the risk is a lot higher.
7) I get invoices from DHL and they say I need to pay them. But they should be getting paid through shipstation. I've called about this a couple times and they haven't gotten back to me.
However, it is nice that shipments get there lightning fast. Perhaps if I can figure out why my customers are being charged huge customs fees and find a way to mitigate that, this will be a great option.
The app is great. Shipping by DHL is fast.
I would suggest call them for faster service as they are very helpful over the phone.