Digital Downloads

Digital Downloads

by Shopify

Sell digital products in your store

C D

Generally, the app works. However, there are some issues that would have been nice to deal with. Shopify does not support this app properly. Shopify does not update the app. It's extremely disappointing how Shopify treats users of the app. 1) There is no search by order number, this implies that you have to manually flip through pages of customers, which takes , to get into one particular customers' details. 2) Shopify has not updated an app and around a year ago, it stopped opening in Safari. I am sure if Shopify looks at the stats - a lot of ecommerce store owners use Mac computers. None of my requests through Shopify support lead to any changes. Shopify does not care and does not listen. Which is a bad practice in my opinion. 3) Yes, sure, it's a basic app and on average works well, but download speed can be slow sometimes. Maybe it would make sense to add a feature, where for extra $x download speeds could be improved. But this is a secondary question.

September 16, 2021

Thank you for writing your review and for sharing your experience using the app here, and I'm sorry to hear that you've come across these issues. I can appreciate your frustration with these limitations and that they have not been addressed sooner. Our development team still ask that we provide feedback on the app from merchants to them so that they can be reviewed and considered, so I will be sure to submit your comments to them. Thanks again for reaching out. -Victor, Shopify Support

Beehive Wool Shop

This works well to add a single file to a product. However, it is exceedingly irritating to have to make adjustments on the variant level instead of product level. Ex, to change the fulfillment settings from automatic to manual. Or to add files - you have to individually add each file to each variant. I feel like there should be a tick box, or something in the general settings, to choose to make these changes on the product level. If digital downloads are a core piece of your business and you have a wide inventory, I would look at using another app!

July 29, 2021

Thank you for providing your feedback to us here and I can appreciate why the suggestions you have made would make the Digital Downloads app a more intuitive and useful app to use for your Shopify store. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our development team as merchant feedback is heavily considered when upgrading and improving the platform and our apps. -Victor, Shopify Support

Future in Hands

MAJOR BUG It has one major problem which needs to be corrected to improve the quality. It is not synced with the Shopify Products Admin. When we delete any product from Shopify admin, it doesn't get deleted from the digital download app. Even we cannot delete it manually afterwards. One more major issue is in my case that its showing duplicate attachments in my digital download dashboard. Means it is showing 2 rows for the same product in the Dashboard Page. When I try to delete one the one is still showing. Its very confusing... it must be rectified as its a bug..

July 27, 2021

I am sorry to hear that you've experienced these issues with the Digital Downloads app but thank you for providing us with your feedback here. I can see why these bugs would be an annoyance and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our development team. Merchant feedback plays a big part in how the Shopify platform and our apps develop over time so we appreciate you getting in touch here. -Victor, Shopify Support

IICONOICON

Digital Downloadersを使ってみて
結論でいえばDigitalコンテンツの販売がこのアプリを使うと簡単に実現します。とても便利でオススメします。
ただし問題点も多く混在します。まず商品リストの商品名を変更するとアプリのリストに反映されない!つまり商品名は永遠に訂正できない!
アップロードしたアタッチメントデータを削除しないで商品を削除すると、アプリのリストに削除した商品名が永遠に記載され続ける!
商品全て削除削除し、新規作成しない限り訂正手段がない!その場合、順番も変えれないのでチェックリストとして機能しない!
など、考えられないバグが存在します。このような問題があるので使用に際して、気楽に商品名を入力するとあとで訂正するのに大変な労力が必要なので使用する方は、この点を十分注意してください。
この点がなければ、とても機能的に優れてアプリなので早急の改善望みます。

www.HairPerfexion.com

It's good but slow. All my customers say they don't get their link to download until hours later. if the links popped up faster, this app would be amazing!

March 16, 2021

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying using the app but am sorry to hear about these slow delivery speeds! I would recommend reaching out to our support team directly so that you can be authenticated on your store, and this issue looked at more closely for you: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and provide us with your feedback. -Victor, Shopify Support

Miasma Records

This app is just ok. Has basic features that allows to upload big files, but lacks lots of other important features.

November 3, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback here. I'd like to hear more about the types of features that you'd be interested in seeing here, so I'll follow up with you via email for some more details. Cheers! - Brie, Shopify Support

NFP Sports CT West

We have a customer that purchased 14 downloads and only received 10 links. I checked the download limits (all zero). The customer also fowarded me all the emails they received, so I confirmed only 10 links. What could have caused this and how can we fix it?

November 5, 2020

Hi, there! I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you. The one thing that comes to mind is the customer having some sort of filter that began marking the digital deliveries as spam. I'll follow up with you via email so we can do some troubleshooting together. Talk to you soon! - Oliver, Shopify Support

JoeyTaylor

App is good for the most part but im having issues with customers not getting the download link or the download link not working sometimes. Whats up with that?

October 12, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for letting us know about the troubles you've encountered with the app. I'd like to look into this further with you, so I'm going to follow up with you via email shortly. If you still need assistance with this, please make sure to reply directly back to my email once you receive it. I look forward to hearing from you! - Oliver, Shopify Support

Debt Free Charts

DOES NOT WORK ON MOBILE - have to direct customers to download from a computer constantly. Make this work on mobile and it would be great, make it possible to attach multiple files and it would be fantastic.

September 1, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your feedback. I think there may be some workarounds we can explore together so I've gone ahead and sent you an email to discuss this further. Hope to continue the conversation on this there! - Oliver, Shopify Support

Digell - Stock Photo, Video, Audio for Creators.

Review / Stars based on my opinion and the store I was trying to create for content creators.

It's alright, I do videography, photography and capture my own audio files. This app does not support and doesn't show much support for audio/ambient/foley artists and videographers. The reason I say that is, one it does not support .wav files as standard and .mov files or prores files.

So those looking to maybe use this platform (Shopify) and this app (Digital Downloads) as a native solution to provide content or assets in uncompressed assets you need to look somewhere else.

Unless you're ok with compressing your files in the form of zipping. But if you want to provide the utmost quality, compressing files is not a solution.

Sadly Shopify is not a platform for creators in this sense.

I'm so sad :(