Digital Downloads

Digital Downloads

by Shopify

Sell digital products in your store

Bedurion

Customers can't resend the email to their email accounts if they lost the first email with the download link...

Conectme

This APP automatically fulfills the order even when we set not to do it on shopify checkout settings page. It messes up all of our orders follow up. (After a while we discovered that this is configurable at the app settings, but it forces you to set each variant at a time).

5 Divine

Nice app but it only lets me have one download up at a time

Peat Care

Ok app, but "edit proxy url" settings doesn't work. So you cannot change the default "downloads" url. If you change it, all your digital download links will be broken (not working).

Also it uses http as default and there is no way to change it to use https://

And you cannot change the default download button text or text below the button.

Two and half stars.

Brandi White Crafts

No problems really, I just strongly wish there was an option to attach more than one file per product. Some of my products (digital scrapbooking downloads) can be up to 300MB and customers with bad connections have trouble downloading files that large.

Epicfrench

It's very useful, I have had this app since I opened my shop.
u t I have a big problem: you can only attach one documents, so whenever I have several for one product (and it happens a lot) I compile it into one rar file.
It seemed like the perfect solution, except for people downloading the goods and not being able to open rar files.

Anyway we could be sharing several documents for one product?

Qtsylife

It's a very great start to a digital delivery service. It is a bit clunky and would be very nice if we could load more than one file to be downloaded. It would cut down on a lot of support time spent describing to people how zip and pdf files work. It would be even better if we could also have this just integrated into the listing instead of having the separate app. All in all, it's pretty cool if you only have one file. Thank you so much for your work. Please keep on improving. Excellent start.

Reshapely

Work great but the notifications email should look more professional and a download link in the user account would be a really nice addition because resending an email because the customer lost his download link is counter productive

Ninjanutz 2

It works well, but it would be great if the text was customizable to other languages.

New Loops

Well, It's free but it's also essential to use shopify for digital products. They need to do so much work on this app though. We need to be able to see when a customer has downloaded and from which IP address with order details. I can't delete files for the digital products that have been removed, they are still in the list!

The stat's page needs a complete redesign. Need a global setting for download limit. The list goes on.

It does do the job, but needs some love to make it great!

Updated review: After about 3 months of use - there are problems with large downloads not completing and the downloads are very, very slow, unacceptably slow in fact.

This app is probably OK for small files but for anything over 250 MB I would look else where. Also, the email address that the download links come from often gets rejected as spam resulting in the customer not getting the link and YOU have to manually create a link and send it to them - not good if you have 100's of orders a month!

I will have to move to a PAID app, but that is probably why this free one is so restricted isn't it Shopify?