Digital Downloads

Digital Downloads

by Shopify

Sell digital products in your store

Artist First

As per the previous review, I was using this app for the last 6 months and it was working fine, however it's stopped working now and I'm not sure why. I have tried contacting the developer but no answer yet. I have also tried re-uploading the digital files but that didn't help either.

Natural Hair Rules

I was using this app to deliver mix goods (a physical & digital product). At first, it worked perfectly. Customers could download digital good immediately after a successful checkout while they were waiting fulfillment of their physical item as described in the app's documentation.

From App's Documentation
Reminder
"Customers will still be able to immediately download the digital content even if fulfillment is set to manual. They are presented a link following a successful checkout."

All of a sudden it stop delivering a download URL following successful checkout. I contacted Shopify Support and I was told that the above Reminder was an inconsistency and that the app is not supposed to function that way at all. Which I still can't understand because it functioned in the way described in the App's Documentation for months. Shopify Support and the App's Developer confirmed that the Documentation that describes this functionality is an "unknown error". I guess they're happy that I reported it.

Sweetpea Cards

App doesn't work very well, but when it does its adequate. I tried removing the app, then adding it back into my store, but it 404 errors on the subsequent install.

Knit-O-Matic

TOTAL & UTTER SHIT.

I process between 30 & 40 orders a day for digital downloads and every day I receive complaints from customers that they have not received the download link. I have contacted support several times and they always say that they don't see a reason why the e-mail was not received. When I look in the app I am finding that every 3rd order is going un-downloaded. I'm having to manually go into the app and re-send the download link, which is sucking up an unacceptable amount of my time, in addition to making my business look terrible. Moreover, I can't resend the download e-mail from the Shopify iPhone app, so I have to wait until I'm at my computer and go into the Shopify admin. A ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS!!!! I shouldn't have to pay for an ungraded app just to ensure that my downloads are actually being received!

This software/service was supposed to make my life easier and streamline my work. Shopify's interface is easier to use and the POS is integrated, but I'm starting to regret not going with 3D-Cart.

FREENET

New to this and finding out how to add digital products is infuriating. I'm not dense, either.

AgManuals - A Provider of Digital Farm Manuals

NO MORE EMAILS! They are delayed or going to junk mail. The download screen needs to appear when the customer purchases the product!

Vintage Ad Stock

PROs:
1) It's free.
2) Ummm...

CONs:
1) You can't mistake when setting things up because you can't delete a listing.
2) That means you can have duplicate products listed in the plugin's dashboard.
3) When from your list of apps, if you click "Contact App Developer", it does nothing.
4) I've attempted to find a support section to deal with this app but it doesn't exist.
5) Free is too darn expensive. Go with an app that actually works and offers support.

1 2 4 Next