Digital Downloads

Digital Downloads

by Shopify

Sell digital products in your store

The Carolina Atc

App currently does not allow you to add downloads to a product, at least for me. Has worked well in the past but now is not functioning.

Shoppelove

Watched the youtube video and did exactly the same way, but I cant see any upload file button on the app after adding product

Curlmix

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS APP!!!! I literally just downloaded it for 2 seconds and it began breaking ALL the images on my site. After removing it, a few came back but now, even when I deleted the broken images, and upload new ones, it breaks those too.

I had so much planned for today and this app just added several hours of work for me. Worst download ever. Save yourself the trouble, it's going to cost you time and money. No wonder it's free.

Digitizersfriend Embroidery

did love this now all of a sudden won't let me upload my files

Ocrb

A nice start, but one star from me until you can attach multiple files to the same product variant. Shopify's suggestion of attaching a .zip file is useless: many people don't know how to use them, and we lose the vast number of customers who are purchasing on mobile devices that can't handle .zip files.

6131 Records

I agree with the last two reviews. This app was PERFECT when it allowed for manual fulfillment at a later date, but sent the download immediately upon checkout completion. Now, that functionality has been changed / disabled and support has given me a similar response, stating that functionality was incorrect (although, sounds like at least a few of us didn't think so). Maybe let the app do what customers want, even if it wasn't the original intent?

Artist First

As per the previous review, I was using this app for the last 6 months and it was working fine, however it's stopped working now and I'm not sure why. I have tried contacting the developer but no answer yet. I have also tried re-uploading the digital files but that didn't help either.

Natural Hair Rules

I was using this app to deliver mix goods (a physical & digital product). At first, it worked perfectly. Customers could download digital good immediately after a successful checkout while they were waiting fulfillment of their physical item as described in the app's documentation.

From App's Documentation
Reminder
"Customers will still be able to immediately download the digital content even if fulfillment is set to manual. They are presented a link following a successful checkout."

All of a sudden it stop delivering a download URL following successful checkout. I contacted Shopify Support and I was told that the above Reminder was an inconsistency and that the app is not supposed to function that way at all. Which I still can't understand because it functioned in the way described in the App's Documentation for months. Shopify Support and the App's Developer confirmed that the Documentation that describes this functionality is an "unknown error". I guess they're happy that I reported it.

Sweetpea Cards

App doesn't work very well, but when it does its adequate. I tried removing the app, then adding it back into my store, but it 404 errors on the subsequent install.

Knit-O-Matic

TOTAL & UTTER SHIT.

I process between 30 & 40 orders a day for digital downloads and every day I receive complaints from customers that they have not received the download link. I have contacted support several times and they always say that they don't see a reason why the e-mail was not received. When I look in the app I am finding that every 3rd order is going un-downloaded. I'm having to manually go into the app and re-send the download link, which is sucking up an unacceptable amount of my time, in addition to making my business look terrible. Moreover, I can't resend the download e-mail from the Shopify iPhone app, so I have to wait until I'm at my computer and go into the Shopify admin. A ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS!!!! I shouldn't have to pay for an ungraded app just to ensure that my downloads are actually being received!

This software/service was supposed to make my life easier and streamline my work. Shopify's interface is easier to use and the POS is integrated, but I'm starting to regret not going with 3D-Cart.