Digital Downloads

Rating (3.1)
Developer
3.1
October 29, 2016

Great app, very easy to use and it has been working very well for us. My only complaint is that it would be nice to offer more than one file. If I wanted to sell a bundle of books/downloads, it would be nice to be able to do that.

Real Life Rosary
Time spent using app: About 3 years
October 5, 2016

It's free and bearing that in mind it's superb.

Born To Produce
Time spent using app: 11 months
Edited January 19, 2017

It does the job, but it would be very helpful to set the download limits at a global level instead of individually. But, most importantly, I'd love to be able to add more than one file.

EDIT: I'm increasing my star because I found I can attach a zip file.

My only wishlist for this app is that we have the ability to send a note to customers when we update the file giving a summary of what changed.

Style Sew Me Patterns
Time spent using app: 6 months
June 2, 2016

Easy to use and a good free app to get started with. Does have some limitations as you can't bulk upload files etc but does what it says.

Maplogic
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
May 10, 2016

Works well as long as you already have the digital downloads ready to go.

Titan Design Technology
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
May 5, 2016

If it was more customisable it would be 5 stars. I would like to have unique product update email templates for each product... please :)

Mastering The Mix
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
April 18, 2016

Great App that has made feeling digital goods very easy to my shop.
I wish there was a way to sell items that are unique behind one product instead of duplicating many of the products so that they get individualized download links using this app. Who know maybe in the future it can be added.

Thanks for the app!

The Coupon Supplier
Time spent using app: 4 months
March 23, 2016

Works pretty well, but lacks a few features that would make it more convenient to use. For example, there is no way to make bulk edits to the settings for all items - we wanted to change the download limit for our products, but there is no way to set them all at once, so we have to change each of the 1,700 individually.

Luckyfish Art
Time spent using app: 7 months
October 20, 2015

This app is almost perfect - just one glaring omission. Why can't customers who are logged into their account download their items from their order page? I know it's possible because both Etsy and Craftsy have that feature. I hope this is something in the works for the future. Otherwise everything is fantastic - great interface and very easy to use.

Shiny Happy World
Time spent using app: 8 days
February 7, 2015

This is a good app and I would rate it 5 stars if it wouldn't mark a product as fulfilled if "requires shipping" is checked. I have books that have 3 options: digital, physical, or both. I let customers add the digital for a fraction of the cost of buying both separately and it's been a great upsell for me.

Problem is that if I have Shopify auto fulfill the "both" order it marks the entire line item as fulfilled and thus the entire order and risks that order not being fulfilled.

I don't want to create several different products that are visible to customers and shopify does not allow hidden products or products with no category to be added to a bundle.

I did contact shopify and they said I had 2 options: fulfull all orders manually or give customers a 100% discount code for the digital product. Both options are a hassle and I'm still looking for a good solution.

As a side note to a below comments, I have received zero complaints about being able to download the file from the link provided, and had no problem figuring out how to set the download for a product.

Steve Rude Art