Digital Downloads

Digital Downloads

by Shopify

Sell digital products in your store

MY FAVOURITE THINGS • KNITWEAR

I have so many customers writing me that they are unable to download their files. Iphone and Ipad. And Safari browser is an issue as well. I've reached out to Shopify Support - but they couldn't solve the problem.

September 18, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that your customers have been experiencing trouble downloading their files. I do see that we've responded to your emails, have you received those responses?

I wasn't able to replicate the issue on my end here. Nevertheless, I'd love to take a closer look into this for you to see what we can find out. I've gone ahead and sent you another email requesting some more information to get to the bottom of this. Please let me know here if you have don't receive it - otherwise, I look forward to continuing our conversation through there. Hope to hear from you soon! - Ryder, Shopify Support

Olive and Fig Designs

it looks like you can only attach one file per link which is kind of odd. Many business ive purchased digital downloads from send more than one file, so im not sure how that works with this app

September 9, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The best workaround for this would be to put the files in a zip archive which will condense them into one single file to attach to your product using the Digital Downloads app. All the best! - Oliver, Shopify Support

Virtualslay

The app has been great until very recently, I thought the issue was fixed but now it randomly doesn't full-fill orders and I am having to send our manual links, it's generating a few complaints from customers and I am looking into an alternative.

September 1, 2020

Thank you for sharing this review, and letting us know about the troubles you've encountered with download links not being sent to customers. I'd like to help look into this further, so I'm going to follow up with you via email shortly. If you still need assistance with this, please make sure to reply directly back to my email once you receive it. I look forward to hearing from you! - Rae, Shopify Support

Stockholm17

It worked for a while and it works well if you have very few orders during the day. In case of release of products and high traffic, the download does not start and the email with the link arrives after 48 hours. My file was 1Mb. After this I had another issue that does not make sense: the app marked as fulfilled an order that included both a product to be shipped and a digital download.

DesignSupply.Co

Decent design but had customers complaining about "corrupt" files and other errors when opening PSD files. I switched back to dropbox links and haven't had any issues since.

PremiumCV

It started well but then suddenly stopped working. It deleted files and I was unable to upload new ones.

Galli Creative

As far as APPs go this APP is okay. It is buggy in the back end if you try and update / revise attachments, you may find yourself using Dropbox and Chimpmail to deliver revisions if you want a real confirmation that people are getting them. Also there is no record of files being sent in the customer order timeline, which I see as a major flaw -- it should show (a) that the attachments were sent and (b) that a revised copy was sent and the date sent. There is no way to even inspect a record of sent digital items.

The upside is -- it is free. But with free you get what you pay for. Also the file size limit is 5GB, much much larger than SendOwl and others who would charge a considerable sum just to send a large file for you, so in that regard, once again it is not a bad product.

Miekoio

Please update the download page to be responsive..

Flying Fitness

Really painful to use this app. You must set the download for each product variant. If you have 100s of variants like me, this is a real time suck. After I spent hours configuring the downloads (which I will have to redo anytime I want to make a change to it in the future), I found out that the app's default setting automatically fulfills the order in Shopify. This was a disaster to go through all the orders to track what had been fulfilled or not. If you're selling a digital-only product with only 1-2 variants, this would work. But it doesn't fit my needs.

Bead Patterns By Jaycee

This app needs to only send the download links once the customers payment has been verified. I am losing money because customer put in their credit card details and the link gets sent. I find out later that the payment did not go through but they still get the files. Some people are so dishonest.

Previous 1