KartDiscount ‑ Coupon on Cart

KartDiscount ‑ Coupon on Cart

by Anglerfox WebSolutions

Add Discount Coupon Field on Cart Page

NOYB Candles

Don't let the $4.90/month price fool you, or the fact that every pricing structure on the home page of this app doesn't tell you what you are and aren't receiving. For $4.90 all you get is the discount code to physically show on your cart page. You don't get to use multiple/stacked discounts until you go to the middle package and pay a one time $28 fee, and you don't get to use automatic discounts until you go to the TOP package, and again a one time $28 fee. This was unfortunately the first app we purchased on shopify due to the number of 5 star good reviews, and I feel like it's a $4.90 loss with a big lesson learned.

New Bark City

The app has great potential. It runs very smooth. However, the installation process is a bit of a nightmare. You will need to wait for 12 "working" hours before it can be installed by the team even though it states within 12 hours of app installation. In total, I waited 16 hours just for installation. After it was installed, I had to wait again for adjustments to any design changes. After another 5 hours of waiting and no changes made, I gave up. Their response was that nobody can do the design requests in 5 hours. Sorry, but this app is not free. We paid for it and there are plenty of other apps that can do the changes within 5 hours. I already know a few on top of my head right now.

For sellers spending on ads, you know how important time is. Overnight I had about 6 customers who messaged me how much the total was after discount. This was because the "total cost" after discount in the cart page was not set up on my cart page by the team, which i requested prior to waiting and going to sleep at 3am. Keep in mind I had already waited 16 hours, and stayed up until 3am to wait for this app to be installed because I had to disable the other discount app to prevent users from being confused. The developers are based in another timezone and being in the US, I had to wait until night time to hear back. The customers ended up leaving my store and costing me money because they thought the discount did not work. This also did not include potential customers that did not message me. I was very frustrated because this was a loss of several hundred dollars. My store tends to have a fairly good conversion rating. Even the other free cart discount apps convernted for me because they notified visitors discount will be applied at checkout. But because the total cost after discount was not implemented, it confused my customers because they thought even after the discount, the price was still the same.

I also seriously suggest the developers to implement a way for users to manually install and have the ability to adjust styling and design changes themselves. At urgent times like this, we cannot afford to sit and wait for 16+ hours when we're running several hundred dollars in ads. Imagine if we were spending thousands on ads? This app does not allow us to install ourselves or make and design changes, and we have to heavily rely on their support team during "working hours".

My suggestion is to either hire more reps to help install your app outside non-working hours, or state clearly in the app description that app installation may take up to 24 hours. Also include a way for users to manually install in the case that you guys are unavailable.