Discount Ninja

Discount Ninja

by Limoni Apps

Build discounts & special offers. Boost conversion & revenue.

Liz.Beth Jewelry Co.

After trying so many discount applications, I am so happy to say that this is hands-down the best app in the Shopify Store! The powerful ability to configure everything about my promotions and discounts, the granular control over messages and display on pages, and the thorough thought and coding that has gone into this app is just amazing!

If you are searching for the ability to have TOTAL control over your discounts and promos, then search no more--this is the app!

In addition, the support team is the best in the business. They take the time to help you through your install and configuration.

Thank you Bart and Andrea--you're the best.

Matcha Alternatives

We really are appreciating this app. Exactly what we wanted - to incentivise spending more in a completely automated way, and without manual discount codes etc. that the customer has to remember and use. The service we received when we had issues or misunderstood something was quick and accurate. Excellent service. Most apps we think surely aren't worth the money given how relatively expensive they are compared to Shopify's own price, but after programming some discounts and seeing how they work, we think this app will really make a difference.

Bee Equipment

This app has massive potential - I like the ideas it has and the interface it uses.

The problem is each thing I tried to do with it didn't work and I had to contact the support each time. I do not have time to wait around for fixes for rudimentary functions.

The product search function responded to every word in the term rather than the whole phrase, meaning a simple 3 word product title search would return every product matching one of the 3 words. The devs did make changes to this within 24 hours which was good, but it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. It can only search via title, not via SKU.

The critical issue was a sale wouldn't respond to changes, leaving a default animation on discounted prices firstly which I didn't want. I then tried to turn the sale off and it wouldn't turn off at all. This is a big, potentially costly bug in my view, and if something like this exists this app should not be on this app store yet - no matter charging customers for it. I disabled and removed the app shortly after to resolve the issue.

The app also does not change prices in the "compare at" field within Shopify itself, rather it creates a discount code which is applied in the Shopify, causing knock-on effects with other apps or automated collections, as well as PayPal and Google checkouts. This is logical but should be considered within the setup of your store.

January 10, 2020

Hi there, thank you for your review! I wanted to provide some feedback since we have released a new version of the app last November which addresses some of the issues you have mentioned in your review.

Changes to a (sale) promotion are now 100% instant. Once you deactivate or delete a promotion the effect is immediate.

The ability to combine Discount Ninja promotions with other apps has been improved significantly in the latest version of the app, making it more compatible with other apps than ever before.

We have also introduced new features, including "buy x, get y", "bogo" and "free gift with" as well as a "promotion code field"!

FERKOS FINE JEWELRY

I have used Discount Ninja for a sales event. We can control more parameters than any other app we previously used. We used Ninja to combine two discounts and it works very well. It solved one major problem: We don't want customers to use discount coupons at the same time with a sales event. The countdown timer works great. Thanks to Bart and Andrea, installation of the snippets done perfectly and we can show the discounts on every page. A very good designed app and perfect customer service and guidance.

dragonpharmalabs.com

So far my worst review to any App on Shopify. Very disappointed. The app say that you can do a lot of configurations, and after install it you see that most of what the advertise is Coming Soon... so I first installed it in september/2018 and contacted them about the coming soon parts that I wanted, and was told soon would be released... so far it still have the parts I want as "coming soon" and I didn't use this app until now, and I am been charged 49$ per month because the version that was supposed to have those features charge that amount per month... I will never use again any App from this developer!

January 10, 2020

Thanks for your review! We understand that it can be annoying to wait for new features to arrive.

To add the features marked as "Coming Soon" in version two we've had to completely rebuild the app. Software development can sometimes take longer than planned, which is what happened here. Our communication on this could and should have been more transparent.

The good news is that the completely revamped version of the app has been launched a few months ago and includes all the features our users have been asking for, including:

- Cart rules: trigger a promotion when customers spend x or buy x
- "Buy x, get y" and "BOGO" promotions
- "Free gift with" promotions
- More powerful abilities to stack discount codes
- Promotion code field in the cart
and much more

Hydrus Board Tech

I used this app to combine discounts plus show discounts on product pages. It works great. I have a less common theme which caused some issues. Discount Ninja support was extremely helpful and they even set everything up for me.

EstrallCosmetics

Very happy with this app, i have been using the site wide discount popup and it has been converting very well. I love the layout, it looks professional and the fact that it has a timer for the code is great! Love it and would definitely recommend it :)

Holistic Habitat

We had an exceptionally frustrating experience with this app. We used it to launch a huge Black Friday sale with a threshold discount (buy $150 get X% OFF, buy $250 get Y% OFF). The discounts were supposed to automatically populate based on the cart totals for customers. We correlated our FB ads and all social media along with a huge email push to promote. The app CRASHED the night we launched the sale requiring me to create several fixes with discount codes and babysitting the site until 4:30 AM to make sure everything was working. Remember: all of our marketing was timed to launch at the same time the app was supposed to create the sale. So, at one point, we had about 60 people on our site looking for the discounts and none were to be found until I created banners, popups, and sliders with quickly created discount codes. It was a mess. Finally, Discount Ninja's tech department let us know they had fixed the problem and things started working again.

During the 5 day sale, we received 12 messages from customers letting us know the discounts were not applying to their carts automatically so we had to deploy more discount codes. The whole reason for using the app was to avoid making the customer use codes! So, that was 12 saved sales but WHO KNOWS how many customers didn't reach out. Despite all of this trouble, we had a pretty successful sale but I think it could've been far more successful had it actually worked consistently for all of our customers. Additionally, the app turned off too early and when I tried to turn it back on, it was so glitchy that I had to create yet another campaign to fix the fact their app stopped working. The "end time" was impossible to change to the correct time. Each time I would save the correct time, it would revert to an incorrect time. I do NOT recommend this app. It is glitchy, inconsistent, and cost us a bunch of sales.

ALLOYD Studio

I'm really impressed with this app! I've tried several sales apps and have had some pretty bad experiences. Discount Ninja is the best I've found. I like that you can set an automatic discount so the customers can see the sale price without adding it to the cart. The popups are great for adding urgency and you can customize them. What I'm most impressed with is the support team! I had a couple issues when I first started and they were incredibly responsive and had things fixed lightning fast. There are tons of customizations you can do and I love that you can upload your own photos to the popups so it fits into your brand. Really good stuff. My only complaint is that you can't schedule sales without subscribing to their $50/month plan. If you'll be running sales and promotions often, this is definitely worth the money

Rivieras World

Best discount app ! Very easy to use, and provides a lot of settings that help you custom your discount as desired.
Also an amazing support team, specially Bart who help me set everything up for black friday sale. Now everything is running perfectly. I totally recomand it !