Free gift, BOGO, BXGY and more
Create special offers based on smart rules. Offer a discount, free shipping or a free gift based on behavior, cart value or cart content.
Multiple automatic promotions
Combine & stack promotions. Activate private offers via a link/code. Redeem coupons using a custom promotion code field on the cart page.
One app for all special offers
Offer wholesale & D2C pricing with one store. Run seasonal or flash sales. Increase AOV with tiered discounts. Customize & stay on brand.
About Discount Ninja
Frequently asked questions
- Does the app change prices or create hidden products/variants? No. The app does not create any variants or products. It works with the products & prices you have defined in the product catalog. No price updates or calculations required to put your products on sale!
- Does the app support discount stacking? Yes. Create as many (automatic) promotions as you want. You can even combine Discount Ninja promotions with Shopify discount codes.
- Does the app display strikethrough pricing? Yes. Our Dynamic Pricing technology allows you to display discounted prices with a strikethrough (setup required).
- Is the app compatible with other apps that use a non-standard checkout? No. Discount Ninja only works on shops that use the standard Shopify checkout.
What types of offers can I build?
- Gift with purchase: add a free product (variant selection not supported) based on cart content or value
- BOGO and Buy x, get y: increase average order value by offering visitors an incentive to buy more items
- Spend more to get more: set up promotions with up to five tiers to give customers a reason to spend more with you
- Site-wide discount: boost sales and reward your loyal customers with automatic discounts.
- Sitewide or collection specific promotions: provide a discount for an entire collection or all products in one click
- Limited time sales: create promotions with built-in urgency
- Private promotions: create hidden promotions that are only available to those you invite via social media or email
- Integrate with email and loyalty apps (Klaviyo, Loyalty Lion Smile.io, Swell...) to redeem discount codes built by those apps
What features do you offer?
- Shareable links: Create links that drive traffic to your product pages with the discount applied.
- Automatic discounts: Create promotions that are triggered automatically (as many as you want) when customers visit your store.
- Discount stacking: The ability to combine multiple discounts/offers in a single cart
- Cart promotion code field: Allow customers to enter (multiple) promotion codes on the cart with our custom discount field. This ensures customers see the final price in the cart.
- Strikethrough pricing: Instantly apply discounts to the product page through Dynamic Pricing. Show the right price, to the right customer at the right time.
- Track your success: The dashboard tells you which promotions are working so you can optimize & improve.
- Instant notifications: Let your visitor know the coupon is applied and active. Guide prospects to the checkout, pain-free.
Click the "View Example Store" button below to see the app in action.
We believe that great apps require great support. To ensure your success our support team is ready to help.
- Currency Converters,
- Loyalty Lion,
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 14-day free trial
$15/month per 100,000 additional sessions
$35/month per 500,000 additional sessions
* All charges are billed in USD.
** Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Working with Discount Ninja has been very painful. I really like the idea of everything they offered, but it is just that- an idea. Basically everything they advertised is everything we needed and wanted, so we were willing to pay for their premium plan. You would think that having this plan you would receive a top tier support but Bart did not respond to multiple requests for over 72 hours. Now, the finally reason that we decided to end our partnership was because they were not compatible with subscriptions services which we had installed on our site for some time. That is no fault of their own and I understand if they are not compatible, there's nothing that can be done. This review is more about their customer support. We had issues with their free gifts charging customers the actual amount of their product, which is a huge no-no when you are dealing with customers money. We literally had to refund over 20+ customers which makes our business look terrible. Now, I understand if the reason this was happening was due to the subscription service, but even after letting him know how huge of a priority this was I had to follow up with him over 4 times just to get a response that he was still working on it. Before knowing the root cause he had said it was fixed about 3 times and every time we found out that there was still another issue or was not actually fixed. This app may work for you if you do not have any incompatibilities and do not need any support but it has been a huge nightmare for us. Also, they had so much code inside our live theme. The application that we found now has been so much easier to deal with and is compatible with subscriptions, so there are better choices out there. I would really recommend improving your service to customers if #1: you want to keep customers and #2 you want to avoid bad reviews. If the service was good and the application did not work for us, I would never have taken my time to write this review.
Thank you for your review.
Sorry to hear that the free gift promotion did not work well with the other apps you have and the specific theme you use. We continue to invest in improving the app to ensure it is compatible with as many themes and apps as possible. Mid-June we released an update (https://releasenotes.discountninja.io/) that allows for better integration with subscription solutions. The free gift capabilities have also been improved.
Quick note: the app is a little bit more than "just an idea" ;-) Discount Ninja was created in 2016 and has seen 4 major releases, many more minor releases, and continuous development and UX improvements. It is the most complete promotions app available for Shopify. It combines free gifts, with BOGO, volume discount, Spend x, get y promotions. It also supports stacked discounts, a custom promotion code field as well as Dynamic Pricing to show discounted prices. On top of that, it offers fully configurable building blocks (widgets) to advertise your offers on your store. The app provides the necessary promotions that help Shopify merchants to increase Average Order Value and conversion rates.
Our many Shopify and Shopify Plus customers see significant results once the app is integrated properly.
i have only used this app for about 10 days BUT i really needed help and the support team help me all day!!!! through chat and email i am so impressed with how much they care. If you need help they are there.
We installed this app because we were looking for some advanced discount options, It was the worse decision we ever made. The installation support of this app is terrible. The app didn't work for our store, but instead of helping us out immediately, they told us to wait for a couple of days or hire a developer. In the mean time we were not able to offer any discounts. In the end, the app worked, but it was making our checkout terribly slow. It took around 5 second to load the cart template, and around 20 seconds to redirect to the checkout. When I told the support about this, they told me that they couldn't do anything about it now because there developers are busy (we even offered to pay!). After that, we wanted to uninstall the app. Although they helped us with removing leftover code quite quickly, they forgot some of the leftover code, so we still had to remove the app by ourselves... Honestly I wouldn't recommend this app to any store owner. It is hard to understand that the support of this app is so terrible for a monthly payment of $70.
Thank you for your review.
As discussed on the phone and over email, we are sorry to hear the second and third-level support teams did not have sufficient availability to assist you immediately during your onboarding process.
The availability of our technical staff was extremely limited at the moment you installed due to the fact that we were rolling out an important update to the app, which, among other things included improvements in the checkout performance. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Should you decide to reinstall the app, we will provide you with an extra onboarding call to ensure you can test all the features during your trial!