Droparoo Flash Sale

Droparoo Flash Sale

by Droparoo by BNS

Queue up your flash sales and sell!

BasketballCardGuy.com

It was great when I first started using it. The idea of it is really great and I loved the countdown functionality, it really pushed people to purchase quick before the time ran out. Unfortunately, due to bugs in the app, the 5 minute "flash sale" prices I set up became permanent on many of my items. This led to customers stacking coupons on top of the flash sale prices, days later after the flash sale was over - forcing the sale of some items below my cost. The system was unable to put the price back to the normal price after the sale was over. This is a big issue. I trusted the system to reset things, and it cost me in the end. When you are running 50+ items one after another during an event, you need the automation to restore the prices when the sale is over. Having it only work on some items and not others was a real surprise. I reached out to support and they acknowledged the issue and apologized, but never got back to me with a solution. I have not run a flash sale since.

Mellow Monkey

I used this to do a two day hourly sale on products. App failed on my 75% of the way through. There is very poor control over products and finding them without a search mechanism is laborious is you have a large inventory of products. Also, products do not always show up in the order they are defined in the product queue and sometimes change without notice or reason. Biggest issue- many sale prices not moved back to regular after sale over. This app could be very useful but needs work and is not ready for production.

November 29, 2019

Hi there, I had reach out the customer via email after the review, but did not hear back. And just realized I never updated a reply here.

We tried reaching out to help this shop rectify any issues but did not receive a response.

We currently direct our users to build a collection in Shopify and we can sync products over. This helps workaround the search mechanism for now while we finish up our searching mechanism.

For the price reversion issue, we wanted to dig further into the shop's setup, and monitor logging to understand what's happened as we've found < 1% of the shop is having this issue and we think it is on Shopify's API end as we keep monitoring our traffic and calls. We are building more fault tolerance to make sure even in those cases nothing will fail.