Dynamic Product Options

Dynamic Product Options

by ITORIS INC

The ultimate app to manage custom options & price calculators

Kuvr.co

The best kept secret on the Shopify App Store. The most powerful and flexible plugin I’ve ever had the pleasure of using in the 13-14 years I’ve been managing e-commence stores (Zen Cart through Magento and most recently Shopify for the last 4 years). There are very few things this app won’t do, and on the rare occasion I’ve encountered such a situation, DPO’s product support have come up with viable alternative approaches that achieve the same results. If you’re reading this then you probably already know there are many product customisation apps out there such as Product Options by Bold (which we use on another store). I’ve tried a lot of them but upon lifting the hood I’ve usually uncovered a variety of frustrating limitations (whether it’s a restrictive layout with no ability to fully customise css/html, or the inability to configure the products exactly as I wanted). By comparison I’ve achieved absolutely everything on my wish list with Dynamic Product Options, without any compromises. We’ve honestly thrown a huge amount at the app and asked a lot of questions of DPO’s support team. Each time they’ve come back with a solution (put this javascript here, add this css there, try this instead of that). Had this been any other app I’ve used, the answer would have been “not possible, sorry, k’bye.” So what’s the catch? Well, this app is certainly more geared towards an intermediate (myself) and advanced user base. If you’re a beginner then I might suggest you start with something more basic. The app itself takes a bit of getting used to but if you persist I promise you’ll be richly rewarded. And to really exploit its most advanced functionality I think a basic level of programming knowledge is helpful (but not essential by any means — DPO support have in many cases provided us with the code we need after explaining what we’re trying to achieve). I’m not a coder but I understand the principals and with the help of a friend (also not a coder!) plus DPO’s support team we’ve managed over the last few months to develop a set of deeply customisable products that blows away anything our competition has to offer. The flexibility of the solution we’ve built is going to leave them scratching their heads as to how we’ve achieved it without breaking the bank. We’ve previously spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on development fees trying to achieve similar levels of functionality with custom code in Magento. And what did we end up with? An inflexible solution that required us to pay even more money to even more developers should we ever want to add new features or functionality. I shudder to think how much money we wasted. I really didn’t want to write this review because… well… I’d prefer to keep DPO a secret. But honestly, ITORIS deserves an award for this app.

Alpaca Cables

Amazing customer support and the app works great. Exactly what I'm looking for. Roman is so quick to respond and answer all of my questions in a timely manner.

Growing Smiles Jungle

We used this app to customize our products and check-out experience. I needed some assistance and Roman from their customer support is AMAZING.

PrintVie.com

We can't say enough good things about this app. It's very powerful. We use it calculate all the prices on our site using its ability to calculate based on mathematical formulas. Also can't say enough about Roman. He has been phenomenal at helping to get the products set up using the app.

TimberWink Studio

One of the best apps on Shopify! Easy to use with various functions to take care of all the requirements and exceptional customer service! Thank you for all your help!

GoCoop

Amazing app with great support. After evaluating most of the product options apps, I think DPO is the most comprehensive app out there for Shopify merchants. It is highly configurable and that also makes it little complex, thanks to excellent support from Roman we were able to get this configured exactly as per our requirements. Great job guys!

LetterQuote

This apps functionality has incredible depth yet it's user experience is simple to understand and use. Their support is second to none. I have over 15 tickets opened with them all carefully answered and documented. They do not stop assisting until issues are resolved. Trust this app for your product option needs.

The New All Things Delicious

We build a lot of stores, some quite complex. With the limited product variant functionality in Shopify, we have to use apps to provide merchants the functionally they need when it comes to product options. Over the years we have used quite a few, but finally found this app: Dynamic Product Options.
- A robust framework that allows us to create complex options, which are presented well on the product page
- If we use existing products in an option (like Gift Hamper with 6 other products available elsewhere in the same store), inventory management is simple and straightforward. You never sell out of stock options.
- Each option can have its own SKU code, which allows us to set up advanced order processing
- We are able to use validations for minimum order quantity on the product page (like: this canapé is $2,50, but you need to order at least 12)
- We are able to offer Buy More Pay Less deals right on the product page, with advanced calculations. All of this comes with one of the best app support we've ever seen. Clear and helpful explanations within 24 hours, every time we reach out to the developer. Yes, there are simpler solutions to manage, but if you look for the real thing, look no further.

GunGoddess.com

Love this app! We've tried several others and wish we'd found this one sooner. Easy to set up. Love how fast it loads. Roman's responsiveness and support with minor customization requests has been fantastic. Very happy!

07eins

Great and mighty app. Great and insane support. DPO is an "almighty" app to realise a multi-multi-product-selector as we needed it. You can realise a lot of options. Thanks to the excellent support! We should have contacted the support much earlier!
One point to improve is the written documentation: Compared to the tons of possibilities of that app, the documentation lacks of a deeper view.