Google Retargeting Ads

Google Retargeting Ads

by Rontar Group OU

Get new traffic with native ads and sales with retargeting

Hexlox - Anti Theft for Saddles, Wheels and More.

***update*** I tried to install this app 3 times. Every time error. Then suddendenly it was there without any confirmation. Then added money and was charged. Site said however "Error happened -
Something went wrong. Our development team has already been notified. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please start again"
But card was charged!
Does not feel very stable and its suppose to do advertising for us?

The team responded which was great, see below. Unfortunately they made assumptions which are not correct. We've now manage to get the app going however and time will tell if its works or not

March 12, 2020

Hello,

As we can see you used the Safari browser to access the app. Our app is an embedded Shopify app following the best Shopify practices, so it requires 3rd party cookies to be enabled. Unfortunately, Safari doesn't allow this by default.
Probably, later you used another browser to install the app. Then you added your payment method which we have charged.
If that is not what you were expecting, please reach our support team and we will refund the full amount.

georgiaglow

its not a great app. I was told i would not be re billed but alas they have taken money again. This app will automatically take money out of your account and you have no way of disabling that feature. Also the traffic it does generate is not of high quality. I now have money stuck inside of an app that i can not get back. If i re enable the app to use the balance it will automatically take money out of my account again to top. Avoid.

Update: 08.03.20 . i have had numerous emails with your support. i was tild the money would not be withdrawn. It is not very clear on your app that just removing the payment method would stop any money being withdrawn. Maybe you should make this more clear on the app. Anyways no monies have been returned as yet. As and when they do i will update my review further.

March 2, 2020

Hi, thanks for your review and for using our app. Let me clarify a few things on using our app:

1. When you sign up for the Pay-as-you-go plan, we bill you $25 initially and then every time the advertising balance gets low, in accordance with your daily budget settings and to cover the amount due in the upcoming 3-4 days. This is clearly stated on our Billing page in the app.

2. Stopping automatic payments is as easy as removing your payment method in the app. It takes just a few clicks.

3. You can return the funds not yet spent on advertising by reaching out to our support team. From what I can see, you haven’t contacted us yet. But as a response to your review, we decided to go ahead and return the remaining balance to you. You can expect it to arrive within a day or two.

Commando Designs

$5 a day for 200 impressions is terrible, also the stats don't make sense with the CTR being that high and 0 conversions with a high bounce rate. These are my actual stats check out the most recent 180 impressions for $4 lol what a ripoff

Replying to your comment: Retargeting cost per click should be nearly half what it costs for a normal pay per click campaign. I'm getting charged double from you what my average cost per click is through Google Ads. And I get about 10 times more impressions.
2/18/2020 186 0
2/12/2020 0 0
0.00
Total 950 30
18.61

Ok here is another example, how do I get charged more on a day with less impressions and less clicks? 3 clicks and 188 impressions cost more then 7 clicks and 200 impressions???? Can I mention where I'm clearly paying for impressions, even though re-targeting is done a pay per click basis, I love how websites I'm going to are showing me my own ads... So I'm paying to see my own impressions.

2/23/2020 188 3
4.89
2/22/2020 200 7
4.84
Today's stats... Even less impressions and 0 clicks, and it cost more? How does this make sense?
2/24/2020 163 0
5.01

February 19, 2020

Hi, thanks for your review and for using our app. I took a closer look at your campaign and would like to make a few comments:

1. So far you’ve had around 1,200 impressions and 34 clicks and have spent $22, which is rather low, so it’s too early to tell whether the campaign will be effective or not. It could happen that you get 2,000 impressions and no sales, but then you’ll see a few sales with the next 2,000 ad impressions. This is how it usually works. We have a customer that was in a similar situation to yours. They had almost 4,000 ad impressions and just 1 sale (which is low), but the situation changed completely with bigger numbers: https://blog.rontar.com/upgrading-from-the-free-forever-to-starter-plan

2. By default, your bid strategy is set to Auto, which means that we will try to get as many clicks/impressions as possible within your budget, which is $5 a day at the moment. This may sometimes result in a CPM higher than the average because your ads start showing on premium websites/ad placements, hence your high CTR by the way. However, your current CPC is lower than $1, which is not that high at all. If you’re concerned about the cost per 1,000 impressions, you can switch your bid strategy to Target CPM in the app. Bear in mind though, this may severely limit the number of impressions you’re getting.

I suggest you keep your current settings and see where it goes with bigger numbers. If the stats remain similar, you can try to lower your target CPM/CPC in the settings.

The Riviera Towel Company

We spent $70 with Rontar and received 1 click. Obviously not the ROI we were looking for compared to their claims. They will not refund us and we're suspending this app.

December 3, 2019

1. Rontar is a retargeting app, which means that we show ads to your past visitors only. Retargeting works best if the quality of your initial traffic is high. If the quality of the traffic is very low, retargeting might not work at all.

2. If you see that your retargeting campaign is not yielding the results you were expecting, you might want to limit your target cost per click/impressions. For example, you could explicitly set your target CPC to $1. Bear in mind though, this may severely limit the number of impressions you’re getting.

3. We have already refunded the not yet spent balance on your account. We don’t refund funds already spent on advertising. This is clearly stated in our Refund Policy: https://help.rontar.com/rontar/en/articles/3124947-refund-policy

Natalex Auto

According to my experience and negative reviews here, this application does not generate traffic! Yes, there are ad impressions. But what a price !! Where do you display ads? 24 dollars for 1000 impressions? Really? And no clicks? I will get 100 clicks from google adwords for this money! Please refund the remaining funds from my account!

November 25, 2019

1. Rontar is a retargeting app, which means that the number of clicks/orders we generate solely depends on the amount of traffic you’re already getting from other sources. In general, retargeting is capable of adding up to 10-15% in orders to what you’re already getting.

2. Your ads are shown on the best websites within the Google network.

3. By default, your bid strategy is set to Auto, which means that we will try to get as many clicks/impressions as possible within your budget, which is $5 a day at the moment. If you’re concerned about the cost per 1,000 impressions, you can switch your bid strategy to Target CPM in the app. Bear in mind though, this may severely limit the number of impressions you’re getting.

4. So far, you’ve had just 278 impressions and no clicks. It’s too early to tell whether the campaign will be effective or not due to the very low overall number of impressions. Sometimes you’ll get 2,000 impressions and no clicks/sales, then you’ll see 5-10 clicks and a few sales with the next 2,000 ad impressions. This is how it usually works. We have a customer that had a similar situation to yours. They had almost 4,000 ad impressions and just 2 clicks (which is low), but the situation changed completely with bigger numbers: https://blog.rontar.com/upgrading-from-the-free-forever-to-starter-plan

KWillems Designs

was emailed there's a "free forever" by Alex Velikiy (Growth Specialist) which turned turned out to be limited to a couple days, as it was no longer offered 4 days later once I had the opportunity to install/try the app. How is a Free Forever plan limited time only?

October 4, 2019

Hi,

Thanks for the review and your question. The Free Forever plan is currently discontinued. Although it was completely free, stores would get only 3,000 ad impressions under the plan, which didn’t turn out to be nearly enough to drive any meaningful results for those stores.

So we’ve decided to introduce the Starter plan, which is 10X more effective than the Free Forever plan used to be. Also, the Starter plan costs just $60, which makes it affordable for virtually everyone.

I hope this helps.

P.S.: The last time we reached out to anyone with the Free Forever offer was September 23.

TRIPLE AAA Fashion Collection

This app is free to use however, I have only downloaded this app for almost a week now. I am impressions so far but, 0 clicks and 0 revenue from the app. So this is not appealing as it says very disappointing I must say poor results. I will monitor the app to see if anything changes in the future. If it do change to great results I will leave a better review.

August 2, 2019

Hi, thanks for your review and for using our app. Since Rontar is a retargeting app, we show ads to your past visitors only. This means that you should already have some traffic to your website in order for it to work.

Based on the data we have, with retargeting it’s possible to add up to 15% in conversions to what you already have from other traffic sources. So if you have just 1-3 orders a week, it’s difficult to expect retargeting to triple that number.

Hope this helps. Please reach out to our Customer Care if you have additional questions regarding our app or your campaign specifically.

Fleetwood Digital

2000 impressions over a 30 day period and not 1 click back to the site. Have to wonder where the ads are being shown and to who? I would expect at least one or two click backs. I can appreciate not getting any sales, but to not get any visitors makes me wonder the effectiveness of this platform for my business. Free is good, but 0% of 0 is still 0 :)

June 28, 2019

Hi,

I’m sorry you didn’t get the results you expected from using our app. I took a look at your campaign and see that you did receive about 2,000 ad impressions but no clicks. While it’s unusual to see such a low CTR, it’s too early to tell whether the campaign is effective or not due to the very low overall number of impressions.

Sometimes you get 2,000 impressions and no clicks/sales, then you see 5-10 clicks and a few sales with the next 2,000 ad impressions. This is how it usually works. We have a customer that had a similar situation to yours. They had almost 4,000 ad impressions and just 2 clicks (which is low), but the situation changed completely with bigger numbers: https://blog.rontar.com/upgrading-from-the-free-forever-to-starter-plan

Another reason could be the quality of inbound traffic. If the quality is low then retargeting will drive poor results as well. We don’t have access to this data so I can’t comment with 100% certainty on this.

Mary's Skin Care

I used this app to try and increase sales, after 1 week I have had 93 impressions and 0 clicks. No sales from Rontar as yet, hoping that this will improve over the next week.

May 29, 2019

Based on the data we have, with retargeting it’s possible to add up to 15% in conversions to what you already have from other traffic sources. So if you have just 3-5 orders a week, it’s difficult to expect retargeting to triple that number.

EUG FASHION

BE AWARE, TOTAL SCAM !!!!!!!!! very Disappointing in any sense , the worst was that they CHARGE for CLICKS not for Sales as they write in their policy they just Suck your Budget of 100$ that they initially requested NOT even one SALE what i can say, i have even make an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT on Shopify Support !
my Shop : www.eugfashion.com

March 14, 2019

Hi there,

I’m very sorry you haven't seen results from using our app. But I would like to give a detailed answer to your review:

1. We bill per click/impression, not per sale. This is clearly stated here: https://help.rontar.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002831574-How-does-Rontar-charge-my-account-

2. We did bill you $100 initially, but you spent only $55.81 of it. The rest was refunded to you upon your request.

3. You spent just $55.81 on retargeting, which may not always be enough to see sales. Sometimes you may spend $50 and see no sales, then you see 2 or 3 sales with the next $50 spent on ads. This is how it usually works.

If you ever decide to give our app a try again, we have a free plan now that you can use.

Previous 1