eBay

eBay

by eBay, Inc.

Expand your brand footprint on eBay’s global marketplace

MOJ

I'll start with the one bug that is super annoying. Removing a product from the eBay sales channel does nothing to remove it from the app. Not even after manually syncing.

So if one has thousands of products but only want to list a small subset of them, one has to wade through pages of stuff you don't want to list and that should not even be in the channel in order to get there. Thats fun.

Other than that - majorly annoying why did they go to production with a bug like this bug - and a bit of an abhorrent UI, I find the channel works as described and meets my needs.

Ridersworld

There's things to love and things that need improving in this app.

Firstly I love that whenever an order happens on eBay, it seamlessly links into Shopify and I can gather the order details (item, shipping, payment, delivery address) all from my Shopify dashboard. It also includes the sales in Shopify reports with the correct items.

However, the plugin is a little slow.
Also, if you add the plugin AFTER you already have an eBay listing and linked it, it always fails when trying to update your eBay item from the plugin - what's even worse is that you can't manually go into eBay and make the changes because the link prevents you from doing so. So you have to revert to cancelling the item and relisting it with the new changes.

There's a few other bugs like that that also need ironing out.
But essentially when it works, it works well. When it doesn't work, it's a real pain.

Industrie Music

This is my second attempt at using this sales channel for my store, its a very simple sales channel to use, My suggestion is to setup all your business policies first. my only criticism is that you cant use a custom listing template

Shrewds Market

This app works, but could do better. There times the number of products I have for ebay aren't synced. So I end up with products that have 0 beside them for amount available.

allnailsthings.com

it does what its designed to do but more work is needed to perfection.a lot actually. I am willing to help them improve if contacted.

Gifts By Lulee Llc

My review is on customer service.
My listings on Shopify were active and I could not see them on my ebay list, I send an email to customer service asking for help, they refer me to the help pages, I could not find anything that looked like my problem, after many hours looking (and was not easy to find) I found the "map" section, another word for sync, problem solve, if you are having the same problem to to the ebay tab (shopify) publish, click on publish, you will find the map section, click on it and it will take a long time, but your listings will be on the ebay list now. good luck. would have been so easy and less than a minute for customer service to tell me.

Everything Cleveland

The app was overall easy to use and synchronized with Shopify quite well. However, it did not help boost our sales at all.

Anything Of Value 1

Install this app almost a month ago. Took me 25 days to get my 1st sale. EBay would not let the check out happen through Shopify. The check out had to go through them. EBay did not push the sale back to Shopify so my metrics are off. My inventory is off. I had to adjust my inventory manually on my store and on Shopify. Shopify keeps trying to push to relist the item on EBay even though I have the item marked as can not purchase without inventory and the inventory is at zero. This app has been a nightmare. EBay is saying it's on Shopify's end and Shopify is saying it's on EBay's end. Now all my items on EBay are showing hash lines for views. Not happy at all.....

UPDATE

It's been a couple of months now since I've had the app installed. I have to be honest. I have only had 3 sales plus 2 scams, that's all. EBay still will not let my buyers check out through my website. They have to check out on EBAY. Although I must admit, my inventory IS now updating. However, the most frustrating thing is every time I add new items and sync to EBay, the app pushes my out of stock items and posts out of stock items on EBay and I have to go to EBay and end the listing. I ended up deleting all the products from my store and will have to re-enter them all when I replenish them. The EBay channel support team has been amazing in helping me. So the do get a big thumbs up for me. That is the only reason why I have increased their rating.

Yardepic

Very difficult to edit listings once they are posted to your account (can't add or remove photos sometimes because of some weird hosting glitch).

Most importantly, the app needs an option to post the ebay items with a set percentage markup (9.15% for example). Ebay charges final value fees, which is an added cost. I know how to edit prices in ebay in bulk, but some price changes slipped through the cracks and generated losses.

Would like to be able to have a csv export of matching ebay item #s to my shopify SKUs.

Update: The app is continuing to be developed and improved. Tip I learned from customer service is that all edits to pricing and description need to be done on the app side (not on ebay side), otherwise the app will just resync and erase any ebay side edits.

Your Fashions For Less

I started working with eBay on how to make things better. So far, it seems as if things are starting to work out. I was able to get my account reopened and we are working things out from there. I will update as things progress. WOW!! After this program caused me to cancel 8 orders because items were showing in stock. They closed my account for good!! My feedback is 100%. I had 5 returns because the customer didn't like the way an item fit, color or not something they would wear after all. I always just accepted the crazy returns for good customer service. DO NOT do that because they will use those returns against you. I appealed and they said because there was no way to prove it was the program's error, they denied it. I have been selling for 18 years and they said because of the canceled transactions (that only happened since I had this program) and the few returns, they are staying with their decision. DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM

Previous 1