eBay

eBay

by eBay, Inc.

Expand your brand footprint on eBay’s global marketplace

Fazoom

This app works as intended for the most part.

My biggest complaint is that for some reason we cannot set Best Offer to any listing. This alone gets my rating bumped down from a 4 to a 3.

Other issues...

Sometimes it takes multiple attempts to get a listing to get published on eBay.

The listings page needs to add columns letting you know when an item was added to eBay, when it's ending/renewing, and how many views and watchers there have been. You know, the typical eBay columns. And you need to be able to sort by them.

It would also be nice to be able to add the send offers feature too. As well as setting promoted listings.

Finally, why can't we make auction listings? Is this a limitation of using inventory control?

The good...

If you just want to push your Shopify inventory to eBay easily and to keep track of all orders in Shopify, this app is AMAZING. It does that pretty well and is a time saver. Adding the few features I mention above would actually push my review to a 5. Until then, it is what it is. A 3.

November 12, 2019

Thank you for your honest review Fazoom. Some of the issues you've mentioned are limitations, such as auctions & best offer. If you continue to experience problems publishing, please reach out to us at help@connecteBaysupport.com :)

Estate Sales Service

I have mixed feelings about this app. I have been selling on eBay since the 90's so I have been the rounds. I have hundreds of like items with different bar code (rare VHS tapes) that have never been sold on eBay so their phone app is useless. I tried Shopify phone app and it saves about 10 min. per listing. The barcode scanner won't kick out the unknown codes which is great. If you fill out the tag it will get picked up by search engines where a standard eBay listing will not. A big plus.
Now the bad. When I published the products it kicked me in eBay into a new biz. class and things went to hell. I have spent the last week trying to clean things up with the help of tech (eBay/Shopify). A true nightmare. All the garbage from 20 plus years with eBay showed up in many of the listing and error codes galore.
From reading 20 pages of the reviews it seems that starting clean works out much better than long term sellers with a lot of hidden garbage sitting in eBay.
I have suggested to Shopify that that someone needs to be the boss so there are not the conflicts of where to correct listings. Someone has to be the top dog.
So to wrap it up, it is a love hate relationship. Thus the middle rating. Seriously considering moving away from eBay and PayPal and taking the sales hit after this experience.

October 2, 2019

Estate Sales Service - sorry about the troubles you've been having when using the channel in Shopify. If there's anything we can do to help, please reach out to our team at help@connecteBaysupport.com

Left Arrow

I love the ability to add to eBay from Shopify, however, these are the biggest issues I am having:

- Orders don't always sync to Shopify. This is a huge problem.
- Unable to add variations to eBay listings without having to delete the listing from Shopify and eBay and relisting it.
- Pricing won't update to eBay if the price is changed in Shopify.
- Unable to change listings through eBay.

September 26, 2019

Hi Left Arrow! Thanks for the feedback and review :)

There can be various causes for orders not syncing, please be sure to reach out to our team if this is an ongoing issue you're seeing, by emailing us at help@connecteBaysupport.com

If the listings are originally listed as fixed priced listings and they contain variants, it is necessary to select an eBay category that supports variants prior to publishing to eBay. If the selected category does not support variants, then only 1 variant of the listing is published. You are correct, that in order to change this, the listing must be ended and listed as a multi-variation listing. A list of sub-categories that support variants is available here https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/sellingresources/multiplevariationslist.html

The pricing changes done in Shopify should updated to eBay, as long as the pricing matches originally. If this isn't occurring, please let us know.

You are correct that it is not possible to edit the listings directly on eBay, that are published from this channel.

Asia Home Gifts

There are problems. 1. One has to change the Settings each time the shipping address changes... This was not explained in the tutorial and subsequently I have to delete product one at a time and re-list with the correct shipping location/change settings. It has caused many issues for me in having the correct information for customers and eBay... it is still a BIG problem.

September 4, 2019

Sorry to hear you're running into this issue Asia Home Gifts. Please reach out to us at help@connecteBaysupport.com and we'd be happy to review this problem with you. If you're using Shopify's multi-inventory location, there should be no need to end the listings to update location for eBay.

Mercado Express

Too many restrictions on the app. Too slow to process tasks, needs to have more features available to edit listings, bottom line it needs to allow you to have everyone of ebay's features inside of Shopify. You make changes and they do not update on Ebay either, also stuck update so settings can no longer sync

August 14, 2019

Mercado Express are you continuing to experience issues using the eBay channel in Shopify? If so, please reach out to our team at help@connecteBaysupport.com and we'd be happy to review any problems with you and see what we can do to assist :)

Computer Clearance Centre

The user interface and the process of adding items to eBay are a bit clunky and not very intuitive. The biggest issue we're facing at the moment is that it's not possible to bulk edit the item condition; the condition is always "new", but we'd like our default to be "seller refurbished". We list hundreds of items a week, and it's impossible to change each item one-by-one. Hopefully this functionality will be available soon.

August 14, 2019

Thanks for the review & feedback Computer Clearance Centre! We've taken note of your feedback and will forward it to our developers.

ThreeSixty Mercantile

Okay but very glitchy. Sometimes listing photos don't show up, sometimes takes forever to publish.

August 14, 2019

ThreeSixty Mercantile - if you're continuing to experience issues with photos or publishing, please reach out to us at help@connecteBaysupport.com and we'll take a look :)

MOJ

I'll start with the one bug that is super annoying. Removing a product from the eBay sales channel does nothing to remove it from the app. Not even after manually syncing.

So if one has thousands of products but only want to list a small subset of them, one has to wade through pages of stuff you don't want to list and that should not even be in the channel in order to get there. Thats fun.

Other than that - majorly annoying why did they go to production with a bug like this bug - and a bit of an abhorrent UI, I find the channel works as described and meets my needs.

Ridersworld

There's things to love and things that need improving in this app.

Firstly I love that whenever an order happens on eBay, it seamlessly links into Shopify and I can gather the order details (item, shipping, payment, delivery address) all from my Shopify dashboard. It also includes the sales in Shopify reports with the correct items.

However, the plugin is a little slow.
Also, if you add the plugin AFTER you already have an eBay listing and linked it, it always fails when trying to update your eBay item from the plugin - what's even worse is that you can't manually go into eBay and make the changes because the link prevents you from doing so. So you have to revert to cancelling the item and relisting it with the new changes.

There's a few other bugs like that that also need ironing out.
But essentially when it works, it works well. When it doesn't work, it's a real pain.

Industrie Music

This is my second attempt at using this sales channel for my store, its a very simple sales channel to use, My suggestion is to setup all your business policies first. my only criticism is that you cant use a custom listing template

Previous 1