QuickBooks Sync by Webgility

QuickBooks Sync by Webgility

by Webgility, Inc.

Automate bookkeeping, track payouts, & sync inventory.

St. James Cheese Company

The app is functional, but requires significant monthly "clean up" and cannot be trusted to accurately map or import sales taxes. It is able to capture the most basic transactions, but most transactions will ultimately require significant verification and correction in order to work the data into a format that works with the Quickbooks method for accounting for sales tax. Among other things, It is unable to accurately cope with sales tax groups, multiple sales tax codes, multiple tax authorities, or differentiate items that are subject to differing tax rates within the same jurisdictions. As a result, we are forced to perform dozens of correcting entries every month to properly record sales taxes on sales, even with the relatively small number of transactions we process monthly. It also struggles to correctly import refunds. We have been working with the app for more than a year in hopes that the problems would be addressed, but there have been no changes, improvements, or upgrades to the platform in this time period. While we spent many many hours with with the setup team working these problems, the fact remains that they could never achieve better than "sort of workable". In the end we settled for a setup that required the least amount of monthly data correction. It is functional, and because we paid for a year upfront, we will suffer along for the remainder of our subscription. Our business is a hybrid bricks and mortar and online business, and it really doesn't work well at all for us, so we would not recommend it, nor would we renew it unless they are able to address the issues.

FirePit.co.uk

Just wasted my time with this app, if you are not in the US, the Xero integration will not work for you. Poor customer service. You have been warned!

One Stop Discount Shop

Very poor customer service, we lost thousands trying to integrate with them and they were not flexible at all with refunds. Do not make the same mistake we did, stay far away from these guys!

Elephant Engraving Co.

tl;dr: Software is limited to us and any tweaks need to be done by them. Data import from Shopify is not accurate, and "settlement" values in Webgility do NOT match Shopify payout amounts. Support is nice, but not really able to help. In order to get "free trial" you have to give them money and beg them to cancel or refund later if you want to. ⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This app may work for some, but it is basically high pressure sales for a mediocre product. I signed up after getting a call from a representative when I had a question about functionality. During this call, I was told I would be provided a second sales channel (I have a small Etsy presence as well) at the 1 channel rate, and I was assured deep integration with Quickbooks and Shopify. None of the things promised by the salesperson actually happened. And there was no record of them. I was also charged $150 for integration. The integration was scheduled for over a week later, and I had needs for the tool now, so I went ahead and integrated it myself. The dashboard has nearly zero controls to pull data. On top of this, when you link QuickBooks Online, the GL numbers are NOT shows, only random other numbers (likely GUIDs inside of QBO), so you have to manually type in the account name, even non-descriptive ones. When integrating Shopify, there is a date/time selector with time zone for the cutoff of incoming transactions. This is ONLY respected for sales transactions but is NOT respected for refunds or payouts/settlements. This is a MAJOR flaw, and their technical support could not tell me why (they think this is not an issue). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Time zone is set for the app and each sales channel. However, when setting the time zone in webgility portal, it does NOT default that time zone for new connections. This is also a problem. On first import for Shopify, the timezone, although selected properly, reverted to GST and imported more improper transactions. Support is somewhat responsive but not helpful. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I wrote in for support and 5 hours later was told to call in next morning for the resolution. I called in, there was no record, and I had to start over. That person had to fill out a ticket to someone else, and they still didn't know what the bugs were or how to fix this. ⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Lastly, I talked to my "success manager" or something, and told them I wanted to cancel and refund. They tried to convince me to stay, and I was very clear that I wanted a refund and I would try again later when I have more time. He, Shoeb, said he would request a cancellation. The next day, I didn't receive any response and I called him and told him he needed to cancel. He stated he would request it (which he said he did the day before) but when I told him he needed to cancel and issue a refund or I would issue a chargeback, he was magically able to cancel my subscription right away. ⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I still have not seen a refund and will be issuing a chargeback on 29DEC if I don't see it.

January 5, 2021

Thank you for this feedback. Rest assured we're going to take a hard look at anything that failed on our end to cause this outcome. It is unacceptable for a customer to have this kind of experience.

Light Plus Nine

The price is very misleading. IT'S NOT $49 IT'S $249 MINIMUM A MONTH FOR QUICKBOOKS DESKTOP. This is not honest.

October 23, 2020

Thank you for the feedback on this. Our intention is not to mislead. We've adjusted the pricing shown on this app listing to more-accurately reflect the desktop offering and explicitly call out the online option. Webgility is incredibly robust, offering customers online and desktop options. Listing the online packages here is meant to inform those who happen to land on this listing, but are looking for a cloud-based application, that there are online options. Apologies for the confusion.

Chudabeef Jerky Co. | Premium Beef Jerky

I'm sure the app is great from other reviews, but I waited a 1 week for the set up call and with 15 minutes left rep claims to have internet issues and has to jump to another call right after mine. Ended up rescheduling a follow up 4 days later. Not the kind of service I would expect after paying for the year up front. I hope they're hiring more customer service.

Pedal Commander

Do not Buy Desktop version Always glitches. Program Stops its own and not sync hours and hours ..Engineer team needs to work on it. Technical Support response so late they are in INDIA

Sugar Lulu

This is a robust program with far more bells and whistles then you probably ever need or use. From the time Webgility was installed, the software never performed properly. The scheduler continually would freeze our company QuickBooks File and not allow other users to then login. We updated our version of QuickBooks, rebuilt our company file, moved computers, contacted level 2 support and nothing worked. Ultimately Webgility put in a ticket to Intuit because they could not deliver a solution. In the end, we had the software shut down for a month until we found a better, simpler solution called Connex which I would highly recommend over Webgility.

PureFit Nutrition

Annual price increased 3 times. We feel they "bait and switched" us. Find another solution. Not sure how they expect to increase their prices three fold and no one would find another solution. We are.