Free eBay Import from esa

Free eBay Import from esa

by esa Software

Free eBay Import with Paid Sync. Saves time/Manage Inventory

Kate Levy LLC

The developer is incredibly rude and also incorrect. The app has many issues and I tried to get some help from him (nicely, in hopes of continuing to use at least the month I paid for) but instead got the most horrid response. For example, to get things started:
-I sent my message through the help button on the app and he said "And asking a question through Shopify, isn’t involving a higher power and will not change the answer. You have our direct email."

Then, regarding actual app issues:

-Even with inventory sync on listings were being imported with 0 inventory (there was inventory in eBay though) and he responded "that I didn't have a store with him" (I did) and that he doesnt make changes to ebay inventory... except the app was!

-Re: optional item specifics I asked how to control this. His response "Shopify does not have Item Specifics. These are eBay only." I reminded him that the app was advertised as having optional item specifics and he said: "You have not been reading the email responses we sent or the documentation we provided on the app correctly. One example: As mentioned, the Item Specifics ARE OPTIONAL."

-Re: product tags - often they didn't make sense and I found myself deleting (and adding) tons on each listing, so I wanted to see if there was a way to control this better. His response: "We use the product title for tags. If you don’t like it I don’t know what to say. Are we supposed to invent tags out of thin air?" I then said that wasn't entirely the case because product tags were also taken from ebay item specifics (which weren't transferred over into the listing, ie. size) and words in the description. His response: "I wrote the App, so I know how it works…we take the tags from the title, as I said. I would know this right?"

Then he said "I don’t think you are a good customer for us. I am going to close this account."

Also, you should note the app does not update products when they are edited. and I tried to work around this by deleting the product from the store and re-importing it. Unfortunately the app will NOT import it again from Ebay even though the product NO LONGER exists in shopify.

If you are looking for a simple and reliable importer use 'Professional ebay importer"

April 3, 2020

Hello. The app works correctly and has been in production for 6 years. The user did not read the self help documentation, nor reviewed the how-to videos, never paid for the app, and wanted technical support to train her. She made several unwarranted claims of how the app works, which are not true.

She NEVER PAID the outstanding bill with Shopify.

As such, I felt it was in everyone's best interest not to do business with her, as she seemed entitled and angry, so I closed her account last night.

I wish you luck Kate Levy, but we will not be doing business.

Orpheus Music Group

The product has many great features, but has a major limitation that made it a non-starter for us. Our first question to the developer was whether there was a map of what fields were imported so that we would know how much detail to expect to import from Ebay to Shopify. We were informed that all of the fields were the same. Upon completing a test, we noticed that a large part of our information contained in Ebay under Item Specifics and Detailed Info were not imported from Ebay. After providing an example where no product detail was imported, only a generic description, we were told that this is not due to the app but a limitation of the Ebay export API. Regardless of where the limitation originates, this requires duplicate entry of much of the product description information into Ebay fields, then consolidating it into a single field for Shopify. Developer told us at one point that he would charge us for asking questions since we weren’t paying customers– completely different experience from any other app or service we tested!