Etsify ‑ Import From Etsy

Etsify ‑ Import From Etsy

by omniWP

The Most Complete Product and Reviews Migration Solution

customcrafttools

I used this app to transfer my reviews from etsy. Worked perfect and saved me tons of time. Highly recommended. Also, I have to mention quick and friendly support.

NorthernWestStuff

This is an awesome app! It does what it says it does, transfer Etsy listings into Shopify. And it does that very well. It has numerous options, giving you choices for where to put select pieces of Etsy's listing into alternate places in Shopify. It does not do continuous syncing, nor does it claim to. People who assume it does are not bothering to read its description (out of laziness I think).
It will save you many hours of trying to transfer with CSV files (a half baked method that never works very well). It does variations with no problems, a nearly impossible thing to do with CSV files. For shops with large numbers of listings it will save many MANY hours.
The developer is quick to respond to questions. I had one issue that he quickly solved.

Porter Lee's

I originally purchased this app for live updates from my Etsy shop to my Shopify but I did find out that I was mistaken, I will have to use their sister app, Syncr. As far as this app I have no problem importing my listings over from Etsy. The developer actually refunded me my $70 after finding out I needed it to sync. Although now I am doing more research I might go ahead and repurchase just because it was a fast and easy way to import. Whoops!

Nimo was very quick to answer questions & follow up.

Hello Porsha,

Thank you for taking the time to leave the review! I really appreciate it. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'll make sure its more clear that Etsify does not perform automatic syncing in the description! :)

Best!

EMPAUER

I was able to import a listing from Etsy, but there is no way to connect 2 existing listings between Etsy and Shopify without importing a new one. It uses the Etsy unique ID and Shopify unique IDs to identify which products are linked, so we should be able to specify existing products to link.

The other issue is the quantity is only synced the first time. I tried updating the quantity in Etsy and syncing, but it does not reflect on Shopify.

Not what I was looking for. If you are just importing listings from Etsy, then this will work.

Hello,

Thank you for leaving the review!

Please note that you are trying to perform something Etsify was not designed to do :)

Etsify does not perform automatic syncing (there is also no mention that it does), it does perform product updates, of not only inventory, but images, descriptions, title, etc as well, and perform them very well - they are just not automatic.

Etsify not only link products with IDs, but with SKUs as well - you can add SKUs to your products and Etsify will detect duplicates using the SKUs.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you for the review!

Ember Lace

I started out hating this App because I could not get anything to transfer. The first product took nearly 20 minutes and since it was late at night I was super stressed. I deleted it, gave it a bad review and went to bed!

I decided after I had gotten some sleep and speaking to the Etsify group by email, I would give it another try and I did get it to work wonderfully!

I will say this though, if you are a Mac user like I am, it does not like Safari. The only way I could get it to work was by using Google Crome. I don't use Google Crome for anything else, so thats ok!

It was super easy to figure out once I was on Crome and everything transferred super easy. Im excited to use it and make my job much easier than it was before!

Thank you Etsify for all you help and words of encouragement!

Hello!

Thank you for the review! I'm sorry Etsify took its time on your first product transfer and I understand your frustration! 20 minutes per product is definitely not acceptable, but it is not the normal behavior of Etsify. It usually takes between 5-30 seconds per product.

Thank you for letting us know about Etsify not playing nice with Safari, we'll make sure to fix it asap!

As usual, please don't hesitate to drop us a line with any questions or issues!

Thanks again,

Ro Ro's Sandbox

I had a couple of issues importing reviews. Their customer service walked me through the steps and in time I had the reviews up on my site. Thanks Nimo, you rock!

Bear Creek Supplies

Used this app to Import our busy Etsy store into our new Shopify store. Tons of options. Was able to import descriptions and pictures. Only took an hour or so!! This is with over 1,000 listings.

If you are going to keep your Etsy store then you definitely want to check out SYNCR by this same developer to keep your inventory quantities in sync between Etsy and Shopify. You will need it to avoid seling stuff on Shopify that has already been sold out on Etsy.

Stitch and Quilt Baby Boutique

This app works very well. I ran into some glitches and emailed the developer Nimo and he helped me right away and got involved until the import was done. I am very impressed with the customer service.

Heather Jordan Jewelry

I was not able to use this app & sought help from support. The first few messages were answered but were then ignored once the issue was identified. I thought someone was working on it because it clearly hadn't been resolved and I was contacting them for updates on fixing the problem! After more than a week of being ignored, I finally got a response from someone who had no clue what was going on so... to make a long story short, I uninstalled Etsify and I'll be seeking a full refund since I wasn't ever able to USE the app! When something costs this much, support needs to follow through and actually RESOLVE issues that come up, not ignore them and hope they'll go away! I strongly suspect this app does not work on OOAK (one-of-a-kind) items. If the SKUs don't match precisely, no reviews will be shown, rendering this app useless and worthless. At the very least, they could have saved me a week's time and told me that up-front (and issued a prompt refund) instead of making me wait around, thinking someone was helping me when they weren't. :(

Edited to respond to the reply: No direct contact information was visible for Etsify support so I had no choice BUT to contact Shopify (and they contacted you on my behalf that same day!) Saying SKUs are required is one thing, saying they must completely MATCH to show ANY reviews is another! Shopify's variations each require a unique SKU whereas Etsy collects all variations under ONE SKU and this is the fatal flaw in your app! Additionally, I asked support if an item selling in one place would mean no reviews would post for it if the listing was taken down for a OOAK item and never got a reply. I'm assuming this is the case since Etsify only seems to show reviews for that item on that item's listing.

This app is probably fine for those selling the same item over and over if it doesn't have any variations. It just doesn't work for one-of-a-kind items or items requiring variations. That needs to be clearly stated.

March 5, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for leaving the review. I wish you'd contact us directly and not Shopify support – we are not able to resolve Shopify support tickets :/

Moreover, It is mentioned in the App's page, Etsify's dashboard and the Export reviews page in Etsify (plus the How To page) that SKUs are required in order to export reviews (if you plan to only export reviews) - I apologize if if it was not clear enough and promise to make the notification more visible.

If you contacted us directly, we would have been able to resolve your issue much quicker.

We've issued a credit refund as per your request.

Thank you again and sorry Etsify did not match your expectation.

Best!
The Etsify team

Silk Squirrel, LLC

I had numerous convo's with the developer even before trying this app. Once I installed it, the 5 product testing was very easy to do -- it was kind of unclear, but you can do many exports with 1 product over and again, testing different updates. The 5 product trial means 5 different product listings. I tested just about everything I could think of before biting the bullet and buying it. There are a few things I would change, but overall, I AM VERY HAPPY. There is some cleanup on the Shopify side once the export is complete, but I have found it to be MINIMAL. I am very happy, and I recommend!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6