Etsify ‑ Import From Etsy

by omniWP

The Most Complete Product and Reviews Migration Solution

Hardiston

Revised:
Support team contacted me finally and resolved the problem. So far no problem with support. We agreed on that I will check the app and see if it is usefull for me or not. Therefore I revise the review.

May 9, 2019

Thank you for your review! From our email communication I was led to understand that you were happy with the support given and that Etsify has been used without issues - is it not the case? If it is, I'd appreciate it if you could remove the review, if it's not the case - please let me know how I can help :) Thanks!

Olive Branch Farmhouse

Absolutely LOVE this app! It provides everything I need in one app and is super user-friendly. Customer Support is awesome as well.

Melanin Roots

I installed this app to export ONLY 3 reviews from my new Etsy store to my website. I spent an hour integrating this app to find out I can't export reviews with the free plan and they want me to spend $69. Waste of time!

everythingtiny

In summary, you're going to have to go into each review on Etsy and manually copy the "Ship To:" name and the proper email, as well as modify the review title, date format, diacriticals in French, Spanish, Swedish, etc., and hours of other edits. Why not just copy the review and the product name while you're there and paste them into Shopify's free sample CSV? You don't get useable data to import into the Product Reviews app for your $70 annual license with this app.

Full Review:

Disappointed. Not good for exporting product reviews from Etsy. Trial version does not let you export sample reviews to find out that they don't export easily or accurately. You're better off manually filling in the sample CSV file included on Shopify's free Product Reviews app because four of the 11 columns need to be manually modified to be of any use. Three of the columns are filled with identical data, so you're really only getting an accurate import of the product name and the text of the review -- unless it's in French or any other language that has diacriticals, because diacriticals don't export properly in UTF-8. (Several of my reviewers have diacriticals in their names and wrote reviews in French, Spanish, and Swedish.)

2. Etsy doesn't have a review title, but Shopify does. The software's solution: Cut the first 60 characters and paste them into the title field. To make the titles readable, you need to manually edit each one for readability, both for visitors and for SEO spiders.

3. Starred reviews without text are not exported from Etsy. Shopify's app requires text. You can change the text to something like "Five Stars!" but that probably doesn't have much SEO value or assure customers reading your reviews that you're a legitimate business.

4. User names or shop names are exported from Etsy instead of the "Ship To:" name, which is necessary if you would like to use the data for direct marketing or advertising on Google, Facebook, and Bing to find look-alike audiences.

5. Etsy doesn't export email addresses, according to the developer. Shopify's Product Reviews require an email, so the developer decided that User_Name@example.com would be an effective work-around. Again, your SEO and marketing will not benefit from bogus emails, so you have to manually transfer them from Etsy to your CSV file.

6. Only about 20% of the reviews will upload because the date format in the exported CSV is wrong. The developer suggested checkin the date format box on the import dialog for Product Reviews. What results is dates like January 11, 0001. That will definitely be flagged as bogus by search engines, so you have to manually modify the date format as well. Once this happens, you must manually find all of the bad date reviews and delete them, or alternatively export your data to a spreadsheet, delete all of your Shopify reviews, and reimport after correcting the dates. Easy peazy, right?

Billing is for a 12 month license. Not really worth $5.75/month for a full year. I would rather be billed $10 a month and cancel after finding out that it's more work that it's worth. Hopefully it works for those who just want to export product listings.

March 23, 2019

Thank you for the information and for leaving the detailed review, even tho it was not a happy experience for us to learn how unhappy you were and read the review, I still would like to thank you for taking the time to write it.

First, I would like to clarify that Etsify is not a yearly subscription, but a one time fee of 69USD. I’m disappointed that this has been mentioned in the review, since we specifically clarified this through our email conversation.

In any case, we’d still love to make you a happy customer! please note that you can use Etsify forever (as mentioned before), so, if you still want to use it to transfer future reviews, we’d be happy to make it better for you (if we can)!

Responding to the review points now:

2. That is true, Etsify must include listing titles in the CSV for it to be not rejected by Shopify. The best solution we could think of is using the content as the title, if that is not a good enough of a solution - we’d love to hear other suggestions, and we would definitely do the best that we can to implement this suggestions :)

3. Again, very true. I wish Shopify would let us do something about it, but it does not :/ You could choose not to import reviews without content (through the Export reviews settings). You could also add ‘This review has on content’, which is contextually correct.

4. That is a great idea! And I wish you would have suggested that before you posted the review (we will try to implement it any way hehe, thanks!). As mentioned before, we love adding new features and making Etsify the best for our customer needs. Any suggestion is most welcomed. We added more than 15 new features in 2018 based on our customers suggestions.

5. Etsy does not include reviewer emails to protect their privacy. We had to come up with an accepted emails for the customers. Please note that transferring personal data such as emails and making them publicly accessible, as it would be in Shopify, is illegal (for us, at least).

6. As to the Dates, the dates are stored in the correct format in the CSVs, we specifically checked your CSV files and the reviews were correct (we even didn’t receive any date related errors from Shopify when we tried a test import). Our best guess is that the date format has been changed when you manually changed the CSV file.

Again, thank you for your review!

Ella Joli

Before you install, just know that this app requires all products have assigned sku numbers to work. We installed the paid premium version to export/import Etsy reviews. I can not speak for how it actually works once your products are all set up correctly, as we uninstalled. We have requested a cancellation/refund and are waiting for a reply on that.

March 15, 2019

Hello Ella,

Thank you for your review and clarification. That is correct; if you don't use Etsify to transfer your listings, it is required to have matching SKUs to transfer reviews. I'll make sure to make the SKUs requirement more visible. The credit refund has been issued.

Have a great day!
Nimo

Sugarberry Memorials

Works as described, use with Chrome browser though, Safari has issues with some of the re-directs for some reason.

Echo Hill Forge

I used this app to export my Etsy reviews to my Shopify store. It took me a little time to work through it at first, but the excellent customer service made the purchase well worth it.

In my situation, I exported all of my etsy listings into shopify as a draft, and then I changed all of the exported product_handle with “find/replace” to the live shopify listings product_handle.

Lisa Russo Fine Art

I have close to 500 Etsy listings and this brought them over in one fell swoop. Saved me tons of time!

Erika Astrid Vintage

It didn't work well for me, I was able to download the reviews as an open file (file for Judge.me wouldn't work) and then fix the csv file (actually Judge.me was AMAZING and helped me with everything - you should get that app FOR SURE!).

Also not impressed by their customer service and you actually have to pay yearly? Its very unclear but it says it expires in a year after I paid $69 which is supposed to be a one time fee. Sadly I wasn't able to try it before spending the money. I think there are other better programs out there.

March 12, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for leaving a review!

Just to clarify - Etsify is indeed a 69USD one time fee, not a yearly subscription :)

Have a great day!
Nimo @ Etsify

SkinCraft Organics

I'm new to Shopify and needed to transfer data from my Etsy shop over and Etsify made it a piece of cake!! Awesome application!!