Etsify ‑ Import From Etsy

Etsify ‑ Import From Etsy

by omniWP

The Most Complete Product and Reviews Migration Solution

Heather Jordan Jewelry

I was not able to use this app & sought help from support. The first few messages were answered but were then ignored once the issue was identified. I thought someone was working on it because it clearly hadn't been resolved and I was contacting them for updates on fixing the problem! After more than a week of being ignored, I finally got a response from someone who had no clue what was going on so... to make a long story short, I uninstalled Etsify and I'll be seeking a full refund since I wasn't ever able to USE the app! When something costs this much, support needs to follow through and actually RESOLVE issues that come up, not ignore them and hope they'll go away! I strongly suspect this app does not work on OOAK (one-of-a-kind) items. If the SKUs don't match precisely, no reviews will be shown, rendering this app useless and worthless. At the very least, they could have saved me a week's time and told me that up-front (and issued a prompt refund) instead of making me wait around, thinking someone was helping me when they weren't. :(

Edited to respond to the reply: No direct contact information was visible for Etsify support so I had no choice BUT to contact Shopify (and they contacted you on my behalf that same day!) Saying SKUs are required is one thing, saying they must completely MATCH to show ANY reviews is another! Shopify's variations each require a unique SKU whereas Etsy collects all variations under ONE SKU and this is the fatal flaw in your app! Additionally, I asked support if an item selling in one place would mean no reviews would post for it if the listing was taken down for a OOAK item and never got a reply. I'm assuming this is the case since Etsify only seems to show reviews for that item on that item's listing.

This app is probably fine for those selling the same item over and over if it doesn't have any variations. It just doesn't work for one-of-a-kind items or items requiring variations. That needs to be clearly stated.

March 5, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for leaving the review. I wish you'd contact us directly and not Shopify support – we are not able to resolve Shopify support tickets :/

Moreover, It is mentioned in the App's page, Etsify's dashboard and the Export reviews page in Etsify (plus the How To page) that SKUs are required in order to export reviews (if you plan to only export reviews) - I apologize if if it was not clear enough and promise to make the notification more visible.

If you contacted us directly, we would have been able to resolve your issue much quicker.

We've issued a credit refund as per your request.

Thank you again and sorry Etsify did not match your expectation.

Best!
The Etsify team

PrintsFinds

Did not work.
:(((((((((((((((
I had so much hope for this app, but they are out of sync with Etsy anymore

December 20, 2019

Hello :)

Thank you for leaving the review! I'd like to clarify that we are not out of sync with Etsy, and we have hundreds of merchants performing transfers and updates on a daily basis without issues :)

Please contact our support and we'll be happy to resolve any issues you are running into!

Thanks!
Nimo @ Etsify

SPINNING MERMAID FIBERS

Etsify says you can only export 5 Etsy reviews during trial. I connected to Etsy just to try it (trial..!) and nothing. I get this message: "Please note: Since you are on a free trial plan, you can not export Reviews." What is the trial for? Silly app, I will go somewhere else to actually try an app and will give my business to them.

December 11, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for your review!

I'm sorry you were disappointed that you could not test review export, please note that its clearly written in the App's description that the free trial is for 5 products and not reviews.

Since review export is very resource intensive, we, sadly, cannot offer it as part of the free trial as we will run out of resources quickly :/ We do offer a full credit refund if the app does not export the reviews as promised.

Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any question! :)

Best!
Nimo @ Etsify

Melanin Roots

I installed this app to export ONLY 3 reviews from my new Etsy store to my website. I spent an hour integrating this app to find out I can't export reviews with the free plan and they want me to spend $69. Waste of time!

everythingtiny

In summary, you're going to have to go into each review on Etsy and manually copy the "Ship To:" name and the proper email, as well as modify the review title, date format, diacriticals in French, Spanish, Swedish, etc., and hours of other edits. Why not just copy the review and the product name while you're there and paste them into Shopify's free sample CSV? You don't get useable data to import into the Product Reviews app for your $70 annual license with this app.

Full Review:

Disappointed. Not good for exporting product reviews from Etsy. Trial version does not let you export sample reviews to find out that they don't export easily or accurately. You're better off manually filling in the sample CSV file included on Shopify's free Product Reviews app because four of the 11 columns need to be manually modified to be of any use. Three of the columns are filled with identical data, so you're really only getting an accurate import of the product name and the text of the review -- unless it's in French or any other language that has diacriticals, because diacriticals don't export properly in UTF-8. (Several of my reviewers have diacriticals in their names and wrote reviews in French, Spanish, and Swedish.)

2. Etsy doesn't have a review title, but Shopify does. The software's solution: Cut the first 60 characters and paste them into the title field. To make the titles readable, you need to manually edit each one for readability, both for visitors and for SEO spiders.

3. Starred reviews without text are not exported from Etsy. Shopify's app requires text. You can change the text to something like "Five Stars!" but that probably doesn't have much SEO value or assure customers reading your reviews that you're a legitimate business.

4. User names or shop names are exported from Etsy instead of the "Ship To:" name, which is necessary if you would like to use the data for direct marketing or advertising on Google, Facebook, and Bing to find look-alike audiences.

5. Etsy doesn't export email addresses, according to the developer. Shopify's Product Reviews require an email, so the developer decided that User_Name@example.com would be an effective work-around. Again, your SEO and marketing will not benefit from bogus emails, so you have to manually transfer them from Etsy to your CSV file.

6. Only about 20% of the reviews will upload because the date format in the exported CSV is wrong. The developer suggested checkin the date format box on the import dialog for Product Reviews. What results is dates like January 11, 0001. That will definitely be flagged as bogus by search engines, so you have to manually modify the date format as well. Once this happens, you must manually find all of the bad date reviews and delete them, or alternatively export your data to a spreadsheet, delete all of your Shopify reviews, and reimport after correcting the dates. Easy peazy, right?

Billing is for a 12 month license. Not really worth $5.75/month for a full year. I would rather be billed $10 a month and cancel after finding out that it's more work that it's worth. Hopefully it works for those who just want to export product listings.

March 23, 2019

Thank you for the information and for leaving the detailed review, even tho it was not a happy experience for us to learn how unhappy you were and read the review, I still would like to thank you for taking the time to write it.

First, I would like to clarify that Etsify is not a yearly subscription, but a one time fee of 69USD. I’m disappointed that this has been mentioned in the review, since we specifically clarified this through our email conversation.

In any case, we’d still love to make you a happy customer! please note that you can use Etsify forever (as mentioned before), so, if you still want to use it to transfer future reviews, we’d be happy to make it better for you (if we can)!

Responding to the review points now:

2. That is true, Etsify must include listing titles in the CSV for it to be not rejected by Shopify. The best solution we could think of is using the content as the title, if that is not a good enough of a solution - we’d love to hear other suggestions, and we would definitely do the best that we can to implement this suggestions :)

3. Again, very true. I wish Shopify would let us do something about it, but it does not :/ You could choose not to import reviews without content (through the Export reviews settings). You could also add ‘This review has on content’, which is contextually correct.

4. That is a great idea! And I wish you would have suggested that before you posted the review (we will try to implement it any way hehe, thanks!). As mentioned before, we love adding new features and making Etsify the best for our customer needs. Any suggestion is most welcomed. We added more than 15 new features in 2018 based on our customers suggestions.

5. Etsy does not include reviewer emails to protect their privacy. We had to come up with an accepted emails for the customers. Please note that transferring personal data such as emails and making them publicly accessible, as it would be in Shopify, is illegal (for us, at least).

6. As to the Dates, the dates are stored in the correct format in the CSVs, we specifically checked your CSV files and the reviews were correct (we even didn’t receive any date related errors from Shopify when we tried a test import). Our best guess is that the date format has been changed when you manually changed the CSV file.

Again, thank you for your review!

Deal Beez

Support very very slow when you have a problem.. App does not work well. still waiting on support email from 4 hours ago on how to fix a problem..