Excelify

Excelify

by Excelify.io

Bulk Import Export Update Migrate

Scooters 'N Chairs®

Easily the best app in the entire Shopify app store :) Literally jaw droppingly amazing - from performance to documentation/guides to ease of use.

Shopify should really have all this built in but they don't. Kudos to the Excelify team

April 23, 2020

Heyaa, Scooters 'N Chairs®!

Thanks for thousand times to you for this totally uplifting review!
Our whole team, we bow in front of you...

If you need anything, you know how to reach us! ;)

Excelify.io Founder

Gears Canada

This is a fantastic app with many features for importing data. I moved all my data from Magento seamlessly over to my first ever Shopify store. Their website is full of helpful video tutorials to guide the user through the export and import process. That is know how I know these guys make the best migration app on the app store. Although it takes some time to get the hang of, you don't have to be a master at Excel to use this app. And the support from the app developers has been amazing! Good job guys!

April 20, 2020

Hello, Gears Canada!

Thank you so much for your review!
About the Magento migration - thank you for understanding that when migrated data was producing errors, that means that the source data in the Magento system where you migrated from, was missing some important details which are mandatory for Shopify.
Magento is much less strict in validation requirements than Shopify. For example, Magento allows to have customers with invalid e-mail addresses. Shopify checks each and every e-mail to be valid and actually that the mailbox on that mailserver exists. To guarantee you that if you have an e-mail in your customer database, then you will be able to send an e-mail to this customer.
The similar strict validations are for the phone numbers, and other fields.
E.g. you cannot create a Customer or Order in Shopify which has invalid data.

We could, of course, just "assume" default for those cases, like drop the invalid e-mails which were not accepted and tell that all is ok. But then you would miss on the opportunity to fix and improve the data you are migrating. As that is quite usually one of the goals of the migration - to use the chance and improve the data quality.

Thank you for giving us a chance to explain those things and resolve it all for you.

Please, reach us whenever you need anything - there are a lot of things we can do to help you on your path. Sincerely.

Excelify Founder

Dishmaster Wholesale

Updating this review because shortly after leaving it I received a phone call from support. That's pretty rare in my experience. So I'm changing to 5-stars because the app really did get the job done well.
Needed to export customers with 'multiple addresses' from one Shopify store to import into another. The export went great. A paid subscription is supposed to cover two stores but I could only import a maximum 10 customers at one time into the second store. Support was non-responsive to email and chat. Tired of waiting after 24 hours and needing to get the job done, I made 16 separate imports. The imported customers exactly matched the original store's customers. If it hadn't been for non-responsive support and multiple imports I would have given 5 stars.

April 8, 2020

Hello!

Wow, very very sorry this happened - I assure you, we always respond to all the tickets within a couple of hours of waking time.

As Renars have already reached you on the phone - this case was a chain of unfortunate events.
First is that there was some glitch why your linked store was not having the same plan as the sponsor store - usually that happens if one of the stores get uninstalled, or the store gets temporarily put on hold.
The other issue was that you didn't receive our e-mail response, which we sent 1 hour after you sent us.
E-mail is not guaranteed service, and it sometimes might not get delivered, so please, if we don't respond within a reasonable time, please, just assume that the reply was lost on the network, and try reaching us via different channel, like the Slack, or Online Chat: https://excelify.io/contact-us/

Our whole team, we really are thankful you forgave us for this hickup.

Just in case, our chat is online right now, so we will be very thankful if there is anything else we can do for you to make it more right...

Excelify Founder

LAVINGIÉ

The app is great, and easy to use. It saved me lots of time and copied the key elements from my previous store to a brand new one. I want to thank the fast customer support that replied to my questions almost immediately, and gave me good answers. I would definitely recommend this app for people that wants to easily duplicate their store and doing it fast.

Hoselink

You can only give this app 5 stars, it's seriously that good. I literally have nothing to complain about or ask for improvements on. It's not been rushed, it's been carefully planned out, properly documented and properly supported by the developers.
They didn't even have to ask me to write this review, I'm just doing it because I'm that impressed!
Thanks guys ☺️

March 25, 2020

Hoselink, thank you thousand times - from our whole team!

House of Blouse

Amazing app. Was super useful to bulk update price changes, publish dates and contacts when we migrated to shopify. Customer support was exceptional! Highly recommend!

Home on the Swan

At https://homeontheswan.com/ we handle a large number of products. Excelify's additional functionality makes it easier to manage products, collections etc compared to Shopify standard csv import export.

Motion RC

An absolute must have app for anyone who has more than one store and frequently copies products and/or collections between stores; it even handles metafields. This will save you countless hours compared to manual entry. Their support is also fast to respond and very helpful. My only "small" complaint is that the "Basic" tier ($20/month) can be pretty slow when importing a large number of items. You need to move to the $50/month tier to get decent import speeds.

February 15, 2020

Hello, Motion RC!

Thank you so much for your kind review. That is really, really uplifting for our whole team.

About the speed - it's actually so that Basic Plan works in a "normal" way with the API, which is indeed rather slow.
So we have built a solution and infrastructure that allows to split your import data as 5, 10 or more parallel "threads", as a result achieving higher speeds than normal, with higher cost on our side too to make it all work.
That usually correlates with the size of the store, to keep the waiting times bearable.
That's why...

If you decide to pay so much higher for using that technology, I really hope it's worth for the value you are getting. For many clients, they look for ways to "buy the time", so we built one of those ways.

And I assure you - we are not making things purposefully slower. That would be totally against our value system here. We built a solution with which you can make it work faster than normal.

Also, here are some more tips for increasing the import speeds (this will jump you to the section which explains how to improve speed when copying data from one store to another): https://excelify.io/tutorials/maximize-shopify-bulk-import-speed/#Fastestimportwhencopyingfromanotherstore

If you have a Shopify Plus, then there is another additional solution you can use (for Enterprise Plan) where you can increase the speeds even further: https://excelify.io/tutorials/improve-speed-for-shopify-export-and-import-with-private-app/

Just in case, we are here for you, you know where to find our Support. ;)

ECOTECH_MARKET

EXCELLENT APP AND SUPPORT SERVICE AND HELPFULL !!
I had a big problem with my listing and they helped me even if it was difficult

BUYMARKA

Been running several businesses on Shopify including our new ecommerce website with over 30,000 SKU's, and Not only the app is fantastic and so effective in importing and updating our products, but also the Excelify support team is incredible at making everything work for us. Very prompt responses and would go the extra mile to make sure everything is set and work perfect to the smallest details. Big thanks to Maris and the App team. Certainly recommended !!