Facebook Marketing

Facebook Marketing

by Shopify

Promote products to the right audience on Facebook.

Natural Gut Wholesale

The worst app in business. DO NOT use it. You will spend hundreds of dollars and get almost zero in return. It is difficult to target correctly and seriously will drain all your money with no returns. There are far better ways to market your products than Facebook rip-off marketing and the employees that I have dealt with are basically no help. They all just take your money and run and lol. Stay away from Facebook advertising. It is useless!! Zuckerman just drains you and no wonder the man is a Billionaire!

October 1, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I completely understand how finding a sweet spot with Facebook ads can take time and investment.

That being said, we are constantly working to find ways to improve our app functionality so we'd like to chat more about how this process could be made more intuitive for you on Shopify's end!

I’ve reached out to you via email, hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

StreetsterClothing

Draining my budget like hell. I end up spending 50% on the ads. worst app.......................................

September 30, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and for providing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you've found running ads to be expensive and that it's costing you a large portion of your budget. I'll be sending you an email shortly to find out if you've had any issues with the app itself, so please keep an eye out for that and get back me to if you'd like to discuss this in more detail. -Victor, Shopify Support

sovdor.pets

DO NOT INSTALL !!! This app deleted my products from Facebook.... and damage my facebook pixel... Just awful.... now I am super nervous because I can't reupload my products to facebook and I do not know how to fix it...

September 9, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I'm really sorry to hear that your experience has been so frustrating. Installing the Facebook Marketing app should certainly not cause any issues with products being removed from your Facebook business page. I'm going to send you an email shortly so that we can work together to get this resolved! I look forward to speaking with you. -Emma, Shopify Support

Desire Wellbeing

To put it simply this app is ruining people's businesses. It has almost been a full week since we my products haven't been visible on Instagram and Facebook. This is where the majority of my customers come from, so what ever fault is happening with this app, has result in countless people losing sales....... FOR A WEEK.

August 5, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and provide your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience with the app so far and I can appreciate the frustration in having to wait so long for the issue to be resolved.

I will be sending you an email shortly so that we can discuss this further, so please keep an eye out for that if you would like to speak about this issue in more detail. Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you soon. -Victor, Shopify Support

Flyman Nathalie

What the??? my instagram catalog suddenly removed?????? fuck this shit, can you guys make app that work propperly?

July 29, 2019

Thank you for reaching out and for providing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues and would like to speak to you more about this to see if we can help you find a solution. I will be contacting you over email shortly where I hope we can discuss this further and troubleshoot the problems you've been having. -Victor, Shopify Support

UREMBO ASILI

the SHITTIEST app in my store. All this time it was never working and I kept wondering what was happening with my ads. You all have some serious NERVE putting this out here in Shopify land. You are lousy developers with near zero integrity. What a complete waste of my time

July 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a less than positive experience with this app so far. I'd like to see what I can do to help get it working correctly for you. I will be reaching out to you by email shortly to dig into this further with you! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Dream Leggings

2nd UPDATED REVIEW~ 8/19/2019: I’ve noticed they’ve finally halfway corrected whatever issue it is that they’ve encountered with FB. I’m finally seeing all 10 of my sales channels as “ON” (for months it kept showing errors on 2 channels, so only 8 were properly working). BUT... when I go to my FB Page, guess what? It only shows I carry 3 items! THREE! Out of 3-HUNDRED++ items! And there’s not a “Shop Now” Button anymore! So.... looks like it’s STILL messed up, in a major bad way, a month later +another long, slow month of hardly any sales or incoming $! (since Shopify’s response below)...

1st UPDATED REVIEW- MIND YOU- A MONTH LATERRRR!! I am STILL having SAME ISSUE! Within this MONTH, my ENTIRE SHOPIFY STORE HAS BEEN FROZEN 3 TIMES! Why? Because without my FB Store working properly, I have no customers shopping my store, which means NO MONEY COMING IN! Omg. How can this be LEGAL?!!
HORRIBLE!! Whatever mess that's happened with this App has nearly DESTROYED my entire business!! 90%+ of my customers come from FB, so when this App decides to just QUIT WORKING, + I can;t get ANYONE to help me, I am basically OUT of Biz!!! From a furious user...

July 15, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for providing your feedback to us here and I can understand the frustration felt due to this issue. I can see here that you also left us feedback for the Facebook sales channel, and unfortunately the issue with that application is having a knock-on effect with regards to the functionality of the Facebook Marketing app.

As mentioned in my reply to your other review, the issue you've described is a known one currently being worked on by our technical department and by our partners at Facebook. We will update you with a solution as soon as have one, and we apologize for the disruption this problem has caused. -Victor, Shopify Support

ChezCarpus.com

Really feel like I just wasted 2 hours of my life trying to set up this app and get ads going.
I created a Facebook account, created a page, had tons of problem approving the terms (until I realized that you didn't develop the app for Safari and installed a browser from a company that monitors all our life and rimes with Noodle).
After that I thought I was going to make it. But the Business Manager was the end of me. Somehow I managed to create a Facebook Business Manager, but than there was a Facebook bug so that I cannot access the Business Manager, but my page is under the control of the Business Manager, so that's the end of my experience after about a hundred page refreshes, reconnexions.

Maybe when I'm more desperate for traffic I'll start all fresh with a New Facebook account. But I'm annoyed to have a Business Page to my companies name that I cannot even delete anymore…

July 16, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out about your experience and sharing this feedback. It sounds like you've had quite a difficult time with getting Facebook Marketing set up, and I'm sorry to hear this.

I'd really like to help dig into this issue further to see if there is anything we can do on Shopify's end to work towards a resolution. With this in mind, I'm going to send you an email shortly so that we can discuss this in more detail and look into other troubleshooting steps, if possible. Please feel free to reply directly to my email and I'll be glad to assist further! - Rae, Shopify Support

BCStructures

I don't think it has ever worked. In spite of all things being present, still says google product category undefined. No one helps. Pretty much useless.

July 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! I'd like to help out with the Google error you've been seeing. This sounds like it is a warning that Facebook will send, but has no effect on your ability to create ads.

You can turn off the notifications though by following these steps:

1) Go to edit notification settings in Facebook Business Manager
2) Open Business Manager Settings.
3) Go to Notifications
4) Locate Catalogs
5) Click All Notifications and select your preferred type of notification for each notification field.

I’ve followed up with you via email as well so that we can chat further there. I look forward to hearing from you! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

CHARMANIC

This app needs serious work before putting it out there !!! All sort of issues and most of the features are not working or giving faults.

June 20, 2019

Hi there, thank you for providing us with feedback on the Facebook Marketing app! If you're running into issues with a Shopify developed app, you can use the "Get Support" link on the app page to reach out to us. I have sent along an email to see what issues you've been facing in case you needed any further assistance. - JP, Shopify Support