Facebook Shop channel

Facebook Shop channel

by Shopify

Sell on Facebook from the Shop section of your Facebook Page.

PERIDOT eShop

A complete waste of time!

After launching my website on Monday two people have spent 3 days trying to get this to work using every single fix and recommendation possible with the help of reading forums going back as far as 2018.

We even paid for a website designer to connect the channel thinking we must be doing something wrong, but he also couldn't get it to work and he has created websites for very top end multinational companies.

The current issue I am having is the Facebook channel connects to Shopify then disconnects 2 minutes later, a continuous cycle of time wastage, this should not even be an option to install in its current state.

I have written to both Facebook and Shopify with the hope someone replies and tries to assist with a fix on the backend, but no response to date.

When I should be spending time promoting my new website I have instead wasted 3 days tying to get this to connect, which should only take a few minutes. I really cannot stress how bad this is, not to mention the overcomplexity on the Facebook end.

Zero stars if it was an option!

To Update my review, I have now received a response from both Shopify and Facebook. Both companies are stating the problem lies with the other company, a ridiculous situation with me, the paying customer, having to waste yet more time going back and forth trying to get one of the companies to fix the issue.

Another update to my review.

I am pleased to say Brie from Shopify has now done some behind the scenes work and my Facebook shop is now added to Shopify Sales Channels without disconnecting, thank you!

I have increased my star rating from 1 to 3 and will update again in the future if it continues to work without any further assistance.

May 13, 2020

Hi, there! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear that you've have trouble contacting our support - we're experiencing an abnormally high volume at the moment, so it may take a few days for someone to get back to you if you've emailed in.

The disconnect loop is a known issue that we sometimes experience with Facebook. In these cases, a complete reset of your store's connection to Facebook in our backend here should resolve that for you. I'll reach out to you via email shortly, and we can get that going right away. Thanks! - Brie, Shopify Support

ArmCanddy

hello i need help :( i am unable to find shop on my FB or Instagram. my FB keedps disconnecting. i need help please its quite frustrating.

May 1, 2020

Thanks for reaching out and leaving this review. I understand the frustration this has caused. In order to connect your Facebook Shop channel, it's important to ensure that your store meets these requirements (https://bit.ly/2VSf1rK). Your Facebook business page will also need to have the 'Shopping' template set up (http://bit.ly/2Y2uMLD), as well as a 'Shop' tab enabled (https://bit.ly/3bIuIqC).

I'll send you an email with these details shortly, and I'll be glad to look into your account further to help ensure the channel is set up and working correctly. Speak soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

PIPI & PUPU and friends

update: after many resets, and shopify intervening to reset the facebook channel, the connection is now holding.

April 22, 2020

Thank you for letting us know about the troubles you're having with the Facebook Shop channel disconnecting. I'd really like to look into this further, so I'm going to send you an email shortly with more information. Please reply directly back to me once you receive this and I'll be glad to provide more assistance. Thanks! - Rae, Shopify Support

SamanthaSiuNewYork

I am having trouble connecting facebook, pinterest and instagram to my shopify. I have tried to connect the pixels and even provided all business information. Could you reach out and help me please?

April 13, 2020

Hi, there. Thanks for reaching out here and leaving a review. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot whatever issues you're having with all of those. I will reach out to you via email shortly and we can speak there. Talk soon! - Brie, Shopify Support

After Burn

Resizes all pictures to large so you cant see the product https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=102775124597458&ref=br_rs

January 21, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback, and including a link to your Facebook page! I was able to take a look and couldn't see any issues with the images on my end.

I would like to continue our conversation so that we can look into this in more detail together, and get your products appearing correctly for you!

I’ve followed up with you via email and look forward to hearing back. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

J. Leite Pneus

i cant connect to my facebook business page, i'm the admin and i have store, but in the app it says that no page to connect

December 3, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting to your Facebook Business Page through the Facebook Shop app.

I see that you touched based with our Support Team earlier this week, but I've also gone ahead and sent you an email to work through this issue together. You'll want to ensure that the app is installed on your store before we continue to troubleshoot.

I understand how crucial this app is for a business, and I'd be happy to see how I can be of assistance. Hope to hear from you soon. - Ryder, Shopify Support

Visionplus

Its a free tool that helps with basic, if you want advanced data as gender, upc, google category goes to facebook you must get a paid app.

substantialacquisitions.com

The problem I am having is when I connect it publishes the collections that I made available, but it also publishes a collection called all items. I do not want every item on facebook. I made the collections that I didn't want unavailable but the items inside the collections are still available to facebook. I have to make each item unavailable, one by one. 9000 items will take a long time. I was on with support for at least 30 minutes but as much as she tried, she couldn't come up with a solution.

October 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! While Facebook does display products based on available collections, if necessary it is possible to bulk update your individual products' availability. You can do this directly on the product list by filtering your search by collection, selecting all products and adjusting the availability from the Actions menu.

I’ve followed up with you via email just in case I can offer any further assistance on this! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Gozanding | Karoll William Visual Arts Online Store

My store has been connected and working very well for two years, but I have noticed in the last week that Facebook does not allow me to share the products (even products that have been shared before). All of them appear to me marked as "under review for a few minutes", but they have been more than a week. You can enter the store, see them, use the "buy on the website" button, but do not share. Any ideas?

June 3, 2019

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to share this feedback! I've followed up with you via email so we can take a look at this issue further. That said, we’re always working to improve the way our apps work, so I'll be sure to log your feedback with our development team as well. - Lauren, Shopify Support

Lazynoon

When I try to connect the website to my facebook page and click the connect button, the button is not working. Can anyone help me?
furthermore, we have connected to the page successfully before, but not sure why not working this time.

May 31, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated! If you ever run into issues in the future using Shopify, you can contact Shopify Support here: https://help.shopify.com/questions

I have emailed you privately to further assist with the connection of Facebook. Hope to hear from you soon!

- Alex, Shopify Support