Facebook channel

Bring your products to people on Facebook and Instagram.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Arte Italica

Getting any kind of tech support is very difficult and often unresponsive. Product categories are a nightmare to find and assign. Everything from looking up orders and payouts to managing inventory is incredibly cumbersome and seems designed to frustrate us as merchants.

April 20, 2022

Hey there,

Chris here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and see if we can address some of these concerns.

Chris | Shopify

VitaGene

Location South Africa

Installed twice, but no integration with FB. App doesnt work.
Cannot get any reporting in Shopify of FB activity, or Shopify created campaigns in FB.

April 20, 2022

Chris | Shopify

MPM Hobbies

Facebook will not allow me to publish my store and only gives vague reasons why. They also keep disabling my account for violating policy when I haven't used anything on their site but the business tools. This experience has been a total pain in the neck and definitely not worth it. ***NEW*** I can’t get help because FB is blocking my access to contact them. Here is the message ***Your account has been disabled
You can't use Facebook because your account, or activity on it, didn't follow our Community Standards.
We have already reviewed this decision and it can't be reversed.
To learn more about the reasons we disable accounts visit the Community Standards.*** The main issue I have is that I haven’t done anything with the personal account. I HAVE NOT sent friend requests, messaged anyone or even put uploaded anything to my personal account. As far as my business listings, all I have done what filled out information and continued to set account up. I HAVEN’T VIOLATED ANY COMMUNITY STANDARDS.. This has to be an oversight, mistake or confusion but FB wont hear of it.

April 14, 2022

Hi there!

Paola here with Shopify! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in regards to your experience. I completely understand how it can be frustrating to have your Facebook accounts disabled. While I would love to help you get your store approved, Shopify does not have a hand in determining your store's eligibility when it comes to the Facebook assets. The review and approval is entirely up to Facebook and they do not share any further details with us on why they have disabled an account.
With that being said, I will be reaching out to you shortly with more details that can be helpful and how to contact Facebook for a review.

I look forward to chatting with you!

DivineSanctuaryhealing

i have been trying for 4 days to get this to link to my Facebook. ridiculous meanwhile Facebook is monitoring my account cause no inventory cause i can't link

March 28, 2022

Hi there!

Paola here with Shopify Support. Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review. Although we at Shopify have no control over any Facebook imposed restrictions, I will be reaching out to you through email shortly to help you get the Facebook Channel setup for your Business. I want to ensure you can take the best out of our app.

I look forward to chatting with you soon!

SunneTropical

Time spent using app Over 1 year

app link shopify to business facebook with NO HUMAN support. I can NOT LINK shopify to facebook store to buy ads, but I can BUY ADS on facebook to shopify? I get banned ads for some items in 2020, but can sell that same item on amazon and today 2022 already, so I login and see SEE DATA from 2020 TWO YEARS AGO

March 29, 2022

Hey there,

Robyn here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with creating Ads. If your Ads account has not been approved, you will need to request a manual review from Facebook however I'm going to look into this and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can see if I can help you any further.

Robyn | Shopify

outrecker

Location Bahrain

I would give Minus Five stars for FB, nightmare to use, you never know when you get restricted/banned for no apparent reasons.

March 28, 2022

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are facing with the Facebook channel. When it comes to restricted accounts, suspensions and bans it is completely handled by Facebook and Shopify has no hand in these decisions whatsoever. However, I'm going to follow up with you in an email to provide you with some information that can help.

Adil | Shopify

Styles by Alexis

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

I have used this APP for 1 year and now it does not allow facebook checkout on desktop or mobile. The payment methods were changed to use Facebook and Instagram checkout, however it does not. It stop working in January after we enabled Shopify Balance Account. We have delete the app from shopfy, re-onboard several time and the issue remained. We even deactivated and deleted the facebook store commerce account and its the same. Shopify and Facebook both have failed in finding a resolution and continue to point the finger at each other instead of coming together to provide a solution.

March 22, 2022

Hey there,

Charlotte here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that you ran into these challenges while setting up Checkout on Facebook and Instagram, on the Facebook Channel. I'm going to follow up by email to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

Charlotte | Shopify

Arizona Explorers

Time spent using app Over 2 years

The program disconnected me every few weeks for months and then disconnected me and would not let me reconnect my account. I deleted the app and then tried to reinstall it and Im getting an error that I cant install the app.

March 22, 2022

Hi there!

Paola here from Shopify! Thank you for taking your time to leave a feedback on our app. I understand that having your account disconnected can be very frustrating. Generally speaking, Facebook will disconnect your accounts for any reason they understand as a security issue. With that being said, I will be reaching out to your shortly so we can address the app installation error and with more details to prevent your account from getting disconnected. I want to make sure you can take full advantage of our Facebook Channel app.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Turquoise Obsession

Been on this constant circle or errors or could not connect to Instragram account. Go through all the setup in Facebook Commerce manager, and then try to setup and never does.. It creates product catalogs that are not fully setup, and unable to go back and modify. Facebook help is not there at all.. Spent days trying to uninstall, reinstall, starting from square one over and over, to simply not get any help..

March 14, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that you ran into these challenges while setting up the Facebook channel. I'm going to follow up by email to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

Nate | Shopify

TheRubbishRevival

There is ZERO customer support on the Facebook end. I can appreciate that Shopify is at least trying to help, but after months of trying, I am still not able to connect my Shopify store with FB because of a request from years ago to connect my Etsy shop. Even though I no longer have my Etsy shop connected anywhere on within FB's black hole of a backend they call the Commerce Manager. They are monopolizing a service they cannot even support. It's total BS. I'm giving up on trying to connect FB and Insta, sorry Shopify... I really like you guys and would prefer to route my social media to my Shopify store, but FB is making the connection impossible to move forward with.

March 8, 2022

Hey there,

Ashley here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the Facebook support team. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team and troubleshoot this further with you.

Ashley l Shopify