Facebook channel

Bring your products to people on Facebook and Instagram.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

House Twenty Two

worst experience ever trying to set this up. after talking to multiple people from facebook and shopify still cant set up

Southwind Cycles

The set up is extremely difficult, I've even given up and redownloaded the next day to try again and still cant get it figured out.

Nikompras

Location Brazil

The sync with Facebook is awful. Products I already remmoved from my store still on Facebook and I CAN'T remove them. I thought I was doing something wrong 'til read the comments here. And now there's a new problem: I can't tag any products on Instagram. This app could be a great option for us retailers, but it's better to manually add products to Facebook Commerce. Solve this sync issue. You don't have to answer me with generic answers, just forward our complaints to your development team.

June 22, 2022

Hi there!

Paola here with Shopify Support. Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your experience with our app! Every feedback counts and is delivered to our developers in order for us to provide a better experience to our merchants.

I completely understand how this situation can be frustrating. To give you more context, products are never truly deleted from the Commerce Manager, but their status is changed to "staging" or "hidden" instead of "active". Meaning that the products that were deleted from your Shopify store should not be visible to your customers on Facebook.

Regarding tagging your products on Instagram, we need to investigate each case individually to determine if the issue is on Shopify's end or Instagram's end. Although our app makes it easier for you to connect your Facebook accounts, Facebook and Instagram are third party platforms and we do not have access to your settings with them. We are only able to help with settings and errors happening on Shopify's side.

With that being said, I will be reaching out to you shortly for us to troubleshoot what is happening in your store and provide the next necessary steps for a resolution. I want to make sure you have all the support needed to take the most out of the Facebook Channel.

I look forward to chatting with you!

Paola | Shopify Support

Worthwheels

Location United Arab Emirates

You need an IT qualifications to manage and solve Facebook and Shopify issues, even IT professionals find it complex and overwhelming. I've tired and still trying with no success. One of the issues, Facebook doesn't sync or update Shopify catalog, Shopify doesn't have a solution for that too, you complain about it they give an answer for something else (which also doesn't work). I really have to hire an expert, but why do I have to pay for this? Facebook and Shopify both responsible to make this integration easy for everyone. Facebook Ads, commerce, etc.. should be simplified. Allow people to focus on running their business instead of fixing your issues! This is affecting all related Facebook apps on Shopify app store, if Facebook have issues, non or those apps work properly. Well, you can still do well with other platforms, I can completely ignore IG and FB (Meta), alternatives are available.

June 20, 2022

Hello,

Jackie here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. We're going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see if we can address some of the issues you were having with the app.
Jackie | Shopify

RavishingWicks

This has been a horrible experience I have been dealing with an issue for months.. Facebook support says it's a Shopify issue and Shopify says it's a Facebook issue. If I could rate Shopify's customer service I would give them a low score as well. I have pending orders on Instagram that I can not cancel or fulfill (and I was not paid for them). My customers are mad because they paid for something that they have not received and the orders are not showing in my Shopify store. It just seems that no one cares about this issue and it is completely ruining my business reputation and my business credibility. I am beyond frustrated at this point and I am seriously considering going to another platform. I will be seeking a refund for Shopify because I paid in advance. I am not just ranting and did not exhaust all options. I really really tried for months. The last Shopify customer service person told me he would be off for a week and he would let me know something when he came back..smh. And I am not the only person having this issue. Facebook support and Shopify support have completely dropped the ball on this and I wish I could get a refund and go elsewhere!

June 17, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Facebook channel app. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need when it comes to the issues you're experiencing. However, we are limited in our ability to help if the channel has been uninstalled from your Shopify store. With that being said, I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

Silva-Alta

Location Ireland

it's a nightmare to setup, terrible privacy issues, Meta will edit all your products, all your clients e-mails, phone numbers and addresses.
Shopify will get to read all your facebook and instagram messages in return.
it's a horrible idea!

June 13, 2022

Hi there!

Paola here with Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We really appreciate that!

I completely understand your privacy concerns! The permissions requested are vetted by both Shopify and Meta privacy teams so that they are appropriate to do the tasks requested and nothing more. These types of permissions allow services like automated responses, related searches and in some instances continued conversations. Many similar predictive text algorithms are already in place in everyday life. Rest assured, however, that Shopify takes privacy matters very seriously.

I will be reaching out to you shortly with more details on how to get the channel setup and to answer any further privacy concern you may have.

I look forward to speaking to you!

Paola | Shopify

skyshopfitness

Pretty trash. I have been trying to create Ads and it impossible. I keep getting the same error message saying "A problem with Facebook prevented your activity from being published. Try to republish in a few minutes." This is super frustrating and I have been trying to do this for multiple days now.

TRENDivergent

META IS GARBAGE! I am probably closing my store after 5 months of no resolution to a problem they must have created making so I can't sell on facebook or instagram. This has been heartbreaking. I may have to get rid of my Facebook account entirely after having it since 2009. META taking over Facebook has made my life a nightmare since December 2021 and has left me nearly broke from this experience. I have reached out every way possible which is not many and exhausting to GET ABSOLUTELY NO HELP.

June 2, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Facebook channel app. While Facebook is responsible for approving any Business or Commerce accounts, we definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with the channel itself. I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

DIRT & GLORY

An absolute joke of an app! My facebook account was hacked two months ago, which meant my business page on Facebook also disappeared. Facebook has not even bothered to reply to my message regarding this. I therefor had to set up another personal Facebook page and a new business page on Facebook. When I try to connect this app to my new Facebook page, it tells me that someone else owns the the domain. So with Facebook not bothering to reply, I'm stuck without the ability to sell on Facebook. Absolute waste of time!

May 31, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Facebook channel app. We want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with the channel. I'll be sending an email shortly to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

Simply Southern Tee’s & Tumblers

I have tried several times to be able to update my Facebook Shop with my Shopify site and no matter what I do, it will not sync and update. Everything in my shop is outdated by 6 months or more. Still contains items that I don't offer anymore. I have tried several times to add the "Pixel" and wither the instruction don't load or are not very helpful in the instructions that it gives.

May 24, 2022

Hey there,

Jason here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with syncing your products. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and see if we can address some of these concerns.

Jason | Shopify