Fishbowl Prizes Email Capture

Fishbowl Prizes Email Capture

by Fishbowl Prizes

Put a Fishbowl On Your Site, Offer Prize Giveaways!

Chaos In Color

We've used several other contest apps and the emails we received from this one have by far the biggest unsubscribe rate. We didn't wait a long time to send the first email, and we made sure to introduce ourselves so that they'd make the connection with the contest, but these folks for the most part do not want to be subscribers. It's really too bad because in general I like how the app works on my site. It looks quite a bit better than the other contest apps we've tried. If they changed it so that entrants had to subscribe on our website I'd give it five stars.

The Mole Hole

Sadly not the right app for us. We had a good entry level but absolutely no information about where in the world they came from or whether they genuinely had an interest in our products and even though we clearly stated that we are UK based and that the prize would ONLY be shipped to a UK address, the winner selected was US. He very kindly donated his prize to a local charity her in the UK and they were obviously thrilled, but as far as quality leads goes, this was not the case.

Watches Sydney

First imagination was perfect!

Simple to install, free to use for first 250 users, user-friendly and so on...
So, in next 36 hours I've started the giveaway I get 498 mails.
"Wow, it's a gold rush" I think to muself

And then I spent 3 hours to create the best letter as I can.
I gave -12% extra discount code and begin to import list.
Suddenly, Mailchimp warn me that my list is a spammers collection.

I take risk on my own and send the letter.
It was named "And the prises goes to..."
I get 52,7% open rate... And 0% clicks.

Neither discount, not sale announcement up to 78% don't move that list to check my shop.

IT IS WASTING OF YOUR TIME, COLLEAGES.
That is not the audience to sell smth, just to get bounced.

Adam Eco

Fantastic idea & great for stores like my own that do run competitions. I just think there shouldn't be a minimum for the prize amount.

Simon from Adam & Eco

Pet Shirtified

I wanted to take the time to let everyone know just how much this app has helped my business. (Spoiler alert: it's a game changer)

First, the basics, it's dead easy to use. Not only that, but it also looks great on my store and was easy to customize too.

Second, the emails I received were awesome! When I downloaded my list, the first thing I did was separate the emails into marketplace submissions and submissions from my store. After that, I sent a pretty warm email to the people who had visited my store and saw really good returns on them.

As for everyone who entered from the marketplace (which was a ton!) yes they were lower quality than the ones from my store, but I wrote them a completely different email to try and keep their interest, and tell them a bit more about what we do. Even though the conversion rate on those emails was lower, they were still extremely valuable, and those were people who would have never seen my products otherwise!

Overall I'm thrilled to have access to this app, it's been a complete game changer for my store. If you treat each type of email differently, and use the information you have to write compelling emails, there's no doubt in my mind it will be a game changer for you too!

P.S. Huge thanks to the guys at Fishbowl for helping me out when I had a few questions too. A+

Baby Butt Smooth Shave Co

Beware! When you create a contest, it is added to the fishbowlprizes marketplace which allows contest spammers to easily access and enter the contest. You will end up with nothing but a long list of email address from contest spammers that, likely, have no intention of becoming customers. These are the type of leads that are either using a secondary email account for contest entries only, will unsubscribe when you send your first email, or even worse, will mark your email as spam which will damage your reputation.

As it currently stands, I would recommend staying away from this app until these issues are resolved.

Bijouxbela

We love this app! It's super easy to install and fun. Even our existing customer loved it. We doubled our subscriber base with good retention rate and even had conversions. It's key to get in touch with contestants as you go along! The contest is just an introduction. It's up to you to create a relationship.

Make sure to follow the Best Practices above. We also sent a coupon to all contestants after the winner was chosen. Keep realistic expectations and stay in touch with subscribers and you should do well too.

Our second contest has just started!

Aktivorganic

The app is pretty easy to use and it's fairly easy to create a giveaway.
BUT - even if you clearly state that you do not ship outside EU you will still get 99% of subscribers from US. Which brings us to the next issue. The e-mails you get are useless. It may be helpful to US stores but I do not recommend the app to those not focusing on US market.

Fit Style Brand

Initially there were issues but after contacting Fishbowl customer services, the issues were fixed and I am happy to try the app again. Scott was very helpful and addressed all concerns. Thank you.

Nanukhardcases

This is a nice app if you want to feel good about yourself for a little while.
A contest is a quick and easy way to build a list...

Just keep in mind that the list you receive from the Marketplace might not be the best quality leads you get.

It's much better to simply use the contest on your own site and get real leads from people who visited your site and know about you or else you might get lot's of spam complaints or unsubscribes when you send your first campaigns.

They do have great customer service too.
A young startup very responsive to their clients.