Fishbowl Prizes Email Capture

Fishbowl Prizes Email Capture

by Fishbowl Prizes

Put a Fishbowl On Your Site, Offer Prize Giveaways!

Kitten With Claws

Very misleading when you say your app is free. It isn't free to display the Giveaway on my website homepage - you charge $50 for doing this. Your price bracket in the app store should therefore be FROM FREE, not just FREE.

Mannix Knight United Kingdom

Concept is great, support is non-existent.

Over 3 weeks we've waited for assistance with selecting a qualifying winner. Not impressed.

Blue Tulip Boutique

What a waste of my time and money! After just 1 giveaway prize, I got the warnings from MailChimp that my account had a "high abuse rate",,after the first (and only) e-mail campaign! Most likely from too may subscribers clicking "junk" or "report as spam", even though they subscribed....Thus, MailChimp deleted my list...... these are not quality e-mails to grow a business with!

Go back a page
Visit the home page

500 Error : internal server errormpaign and deleted my list...

Mrgoat

Complete waste of time. Reviewing the emails generated, majority are not from traffic to your own site. Most are generated from their own site. There is no direction of traffic to the merchants site. After a certain value, emails are 'locked'. Terms and conditions appear too favourable to email addresses set up to win prizes and a large number of emails simply bounce due to the referral system in place. Although the concept looks attractive, the result is not.

Psalm Baby

i wish I could give ZERO stars. This is a total scam. I have received 12 visitors to my site in 2 days and 260+ entries. These entries came from their website and are not real email addresses for real possible customers. My product is for an EXTREMELY limited market so these fake emails will do me absolutely NO GOOD. I am on day two of my drawing at 260+ entries. These entries not only do not help me, but now they want to charge me to allow more entries. 1K entries will cost me $99 and the drawing is not over until the end of the month. PLUS THEY pick the winner and if the winner is not in the USA (my requirement because of shipping cost), I have to make an accomodation?!?!?!

This is garbage. I am so extremely LIVID right now.

The Mole Hole

Sadly not the right app for us. We had a good entry level but absolutely no information about where in the world they came from or whether they genuinely had an interest in our products and even though we clearly stated that we are UK based and that the prize would ONLY be shipped to a UK address, the winner selected was US. He very kindly donated his prize to a local charity her in the UK and they were obviously thrilled, but as far as quality leads goes, this was not the case.

Watches Sydney

First imagination was perfect!

Simple to install, free to use for first 250 users, user-friendly and so on...
So, in next 36 hours I've started the giveaway I get 498 mails.
"Wow, it's a gold rush" I think to muself

And then I spent 3 hours to create the best letter as I can.
I gave -12% extra discount code and begin to import list.
Suddenly, Mailchimp warn me that my list is a spammers collection.

I take risk on my own and send the letter.
It was named "And the prises goes to..."
I get 52,7% open rate... And 0% clicks.

Neither discount, not sale announcement up to 78% don't move that list to check my shop.

IT IS WASTING OF YOUR TIME, COLLEAGES.
That is not the audience to sell smth, just to get bounced.

Baby Butt Smooth Shave Co

Beware! When you create a contest, it is added to the fishbowlprizes marketplace which allows contest spammers to easily access and enter the contest. You will end up with nothing but a long list of email address from contest spammers that, likely, have no intention of becoming customers. These are the type of leads that are either using a secondary email account for contest entries only, will unsubscribe when you send your first email, or even worse, will mark your email as spam which will damage your reputation.

As it currently stands, I would recommend staying away from this app until these issues are resolved.

Love Kari Dae

Bad!....Just really bad! Yes, it helps build your email list. But as soon as you send your first email to those people, they all unsubscribe. All of the new signeups came directly from the fishbowl site. None have actually visited my site and are clearly not really interested in my products. They are just a bunch of people trying to win something. All of the unsubscribes can cause mailchimp and other mail services to freeze your account. I do not recommend this app to anyone who wants good solid leads that include people who are actually interested in your product.

Sprout Soup

While the app installed easily and the widget looked great on the website, like the other reviewers, the vast majority of our entries came from the Fishbowl website. We had about 6% of the entries come from our own site and I expect the other 94% aren't truly interested in our products and were just there to try to win something. I expressed my concerns to the Fishbowl support team and was told that Fishbowl users are very happy with the results. Well I'm not, and obviously there are others here who aren't.

That said, if you're looking to gain a lot of random email addresses, this is the app for you! If you want to encourage visitors to your site to give you their email address, move along. There are better widgets for that.

Previous 1