Fishbowl Prizes Email Capture

Fishbowl Prizes Email Capture

by Fishbowl Prizes

Put a Fishbowl On Your Site, Offer Prize Giveaways!

Chemseal Pixelsupply

good app find lots of email, but do not know how relevant are they? and it doesnt allow me to send them the first email from mailchimp it looks like they are not subcribing or something

Rusty Frets

Had some issues on the initial contest that we did, but we received a personal phone call and great customer service. The app itself works very well and is very straightforward to implement. However, I experienced much of the same results that others mentioned. Concept is good, but needs to be overhauled before I'll use again.

Elevate Ink

---- Original post 12/1/15 ----
I'll be uninstalling this app ASAP. On the surface, everything works fine. There were a lot of people who signed up really quickly, helping me grow my mailing list fast. It was exciting! It was easy to install and things were going great until I sent my first email campaign with all of these new subscribers, most of whom signed up straight from the Fishbowl website and never visited my actual site. Well, one after another immediately unsubscribed from my mailing list, which triggered MailChimp to freeze the import function on my account and send a reconfirm email to everyone who was imported. Thank God there are some people who are completing the double opt-in to stay on my mailing list, but what a hassle! So I'll say thanks, but no thanks, and this will definitely be my first and last Fishbowl giveaway.

---- Update 12/10/15 ----

I've kept the app running on my site just in case, as the developer said that they were working on a MailChimp integration that implements the double opt-in, which will save me time and protect my mailing list. They announced that release today, so I'll be trying that out and will update my review again. Also, the developer adjusted my campaign so that only people who sign-up from my website are added to the drawing, removing it from the marketplace. So in the meantime, I am going to follow MailChimp's advice and send an email separate from MailChimp inviting these people to subscribe to our mailing list, and see how many actually do. Of the 80 or so that caused the initial freeze, maybe 15-20 of them actually opted-in, so not bad. I haven't sent out another email yet, but I will. I'm still on the fence about whether or not it's all worth it, but I bumped my rating up to 3 stars from 1 star since I do have a handful of new subscribers that I got for free, and that's got to be worth something, right?

Gren Hut Llc

great app works to get emails however conversions at least in the first few days seem to be slow time will tell.

have collected over 700 emails over 500 never opened my emails another 50 unsubscribed on their own and have not gotten any conversions lots of people looking though and of the remaining 200 about a 50% open rate note not every person opens every email.

I think this is because most come from the fishbowl market for prizes these people are there to enter drawings.
I switched to using viral sweep not nearly as many entries note no marketplace however they are mine they have to come to my site to enter.