Fraud Filter

Create custom filters to help you prevent fraud

Price: Free

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Key features of Fraud Filter

Cash Gen UK Limited

Time spent using app Over 1 year

I like the ability to add a warning, however I would like this to mark them as high risk not medium. Is that possible please?

August 18, 2022

Thank you for getting in touch and for writing your review. The Fraud Filter app can notify you of a potentially suspicious order if it meets a condition that you set.

In terms of risk profiles (e.g. medium vs. high risk), this is something our automated risk analysis tool provides: https://bit.ly/3m6THdP. It is available for all merchants and can be used to better judge the validity of the orders you receive. I can however see why it'd be a useful tool to be able to mark orders by high or medium risk within the Fraud Filter app as well, so I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our development team. -Victor, Shopify Support

Sleep&Go

Location Ukraine

Very narrow specialization application. Actually couldn't set up any real life working filter. If developers were added at least a rule for a Payment Method it would more useful. For now it won't help you filter fraud orders which you meet in real life.

January 3, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and for sharing your experience using the app with us here. We are always receptive to merchant feedback and I can certainly see how improving the app to filter out more orders by offering different rules would be beneficial, and I will be sure to pass this feedback on to our app development team. Thanks again for getting in touch. -Victor, Shopify Support

Peer Online Shop

Location Germany

Es ist möglich Regeln zu erstellen. Es gibt leider keine Erklärung was man in die Felder schreiben soll. Die Auswahlmöglichkeiten sind extrem gering.

Remotto Battery

Location Spain

I used this app and the orders are being identified as fraudulent, but I'm not getting any warnings in the Shopify admin, can you check please?

February 11, 2021

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this issue but thank you for notifying us of the issue here. The Fraud Filter app can be used to set rules on cancelling and flagging orders based on certain criteria set by the merchant, but Shopify also offers a risk analysis on orders that automatically flags orders of a certain risk based on a number of factors. If you're unsure about the risk level of your orders, I'd recommend contacting our support team so they can take a closer look at your store: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor

Dice Dungeons

Time spent using app 5 minutes

Does what it says, but not super useful. It's not paying attention to the fruad levels of the order. You would need to have information on the person submitted the fraud to stop it, so it's only helpful for blocking past fraud orders, and they could easily get around this.

January 10, 2021

Hi, there! Thank you for this feedback; I'll be sure to pass this on to the appropriate team for you. In the meantime, I'd recommend checking out our help docs for some additional tips for fraud prevention: https://bit.ly/2XtkyoQ. - Brie, Shopify Support

Bottles & Burps

I would be happy to update my review of this app. However the MOST BASIC use scenario doesn't seem to work: managing a black list of customers that I don't want to allow to place orders, based on a shipping phone, email or address. I created a test order using the exact shipping phone I would like to block and Shopify processed the order normally. I can't believe that Shopify doesn't have a functional method for blacklisting certain customers.

Vital Depot

Time spent using app About 1 month

Stopped working... It was good for my needs when I tested and set it up. But now I just received a fraudulent order today that *would have* been caught by my filters, but wasn't.

For whatever reason, Fraud Filter has disappeared from the order details page. It doesn't show up under the Fraud Analysis portion for any of my orders anymore and isn't running my rules. It did when I first set it up. What the heck?

2bfbeta

I don't see how this helps stop fraudulent orders. 99.9% of our attempted fraudulent orders are first-time customers, so we don't already know the email, address, or phone. This app only lets you create filters for criteria you know an exact match for. Why not let us create filters like flag if the order amount > $$$ and used expedited shipping. Or if billing and shipping addresses are different. THAT would help.

Nicolesy

Time spent using app Over 7 years

This app only works if you know a specific email address, IP address, etc. that you want to block. It won't block general terms, such as if the CVV doesn't match the card, or blocking a "high risk" attempt. Really frustrating.

Wee Boats

Time spent using app Over 4 years

Maybe okay if you are just trying to block a specific email address but you can't even setup a rule to check the billing address zip against the shipping address zip. Really!

Previous 1