Fraud Filter

Fraud Filter

by Shopify

Create custom filters to help you prevent fraud

Bottles & Burps

I would be happy to update my review of this app. However the MOST BASIC use scenario doesn't seem to work: managing a black list of customers that I don't want to allow to place orders, based on a shipping phone, email or address. I created a test order using the exact shipping phone I would like to block and Shopify processed the order normally. I can't believe that Shopify doesn't have a functional method for blacklisting certain customers.

Vital Depot

Stopped working... It was good for my needs when I tested and set it up. But now I just received a fraudulent order today that *would have* been caught by my filters, but wasn't.

For whatever reason, Fraud Filter has disappeared from the order details page. It doesn't show up under the Fraud Analysis portion for any of my orders anymore and isn't running my rules. It did when I first set it up. What the heck?

2bfbeta

I don't see how this helps stop fraudulent orders. 99.9% of our attempted fraudulent orders are first-time customers, so we don't already know the email, address, or phone. This app only lets you create filters for criteria you know an exact match for. Why not let us create filters like flag if the order amount > $$$ and used expedited shipping. Or if billing and shipping addresses are different. THAT would help.

Nicolesy

This app only works if you know a specific email address, IP address, etc. that you want to block. It won't block general terms, such as if the CVV doesn't match the card, or blocking a "high risk" attempt. Really frustrating.

Wee Boats

Maybe okay if you are just trying to block a specific email address but you can't even setup a rule to check the billing address zip against the shipping address zip. Really!

Sinimabeats

It's a great concept and I had high hopes but it doesn't work when put to the test. I installed Fraud Filter last November and this past week, a repeat offender placed an order -- this app identified the parameters I had set. However, it ended up completing the order anyways while delivering the digital downloads and then marked the order as "cancelled" a moment later. Hoping this can one day be fixed as it will be very useful if it actually works.

Digital Codes 4 Sale

it would be great it it also talked to FetchApp! We have our digital downloads automatically delivered, Fraud Filter cancels the order and restocks it, but doesn't stop them from paying. Payment is what triggers FetchApp to send the code for downloading.

Candle Moments

Too complicated to figure out what filters to make.

Exact Cctv

Not great but free.

One big problem is that it won't cancel a known fraudulent deal before the transaction takes place. So you can end up with Paypal fees after you reverse it.

Simple fix I think.

Myphonecase Com

Doesn't work well.. It does not filter accurately. Keeping it just because it's free..?

Previous 1